What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

I've been having trouble 'updating' this way for a while. Since the last update, where I couldn't properly get the slum scenes...

Can anyone who has gotten the game to work upload their entire folder (other than the save files) onto mega please? (I know it's 1gb...)

Thanks in advance!
You helped me in the other thread. I have to work, but I may upload it in 1 or 2 days when I have spare time again

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Does anyone know if there's a way to mod the stages, specifically to add more enemies to each of them? I find that even on Hard+ (Except kichiku in which it's plain impossible to escape), most of the time it's not a challenge, especially the fly stage. Being able to change enemy characteristics like the stamina damage they do would be nice.

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Try this see if it works. should everything since i can access Unknown

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The new update introduces the bio-terror victims and is only up to the point when she enters the planet. A short message follows warning players that a gameover against the creatures is permanent and that the update only goes so far so a continuation of this storyline featuring the bioterrorist doctor will have to wait until future updates.

Players are also warned not to save inside the new planet since they can't escape (also the gameover).
New planet? Do you mean the level with the unknowns or is there something I'm missing here?

Try this see if it works. should everything since i can access Unknown
This one also crashes on the cockroach level unfortunately. Must have been a problem with the update.
I just downloaded the full version, not the update, and it works fine. In fact I think I originally downloaded it then applied the patch to it anyway and that broke something

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score

New planet? Do you mean the level with the unknowns or is there something I'm missing here?
The enemies are called "unknowns" but the explanatory text beforehand makes it very clear what they really are. The creator simply thought it fit to call them "unknown" since it's really not clear what kind of species the victims mutated into.

Kaaos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

fyi, inui has finally uploaded the latest update on his original uploader (the slow one); the former was blocked for many. Also, according to the download description the complete up-to-date game can be downloaded as a single archive.

Not sure if the latest bugs (like cockroach stage crashing) still occur. However, the author has his own japanese HotB forum (kinda, check "BBS" on inui's page) and someone posted a crash log which is the same for the cockroaches, except that one is about Gokis (the little humanoids in the desert stage). I'm not sure if they crash as well. Inui answered only with something which google translates into "Adressed". I haven't checked it out, but I consider downloading it again to see whether or not the crashes are fixed altogether.

For starting the newest stage and falling into a bottomless pit of nothingness he explicitly recommends downloading the entire game again. When updating my own game, I had the same problem. I replace every folder single-handedly to be extra-sure only the right files get replaced or deleted, but I forgot about replacing the actual exe.file, which led to the bottomless pit. Replacing the exe.file fixed the problem. Both exe.files have different file sizes btw.

BtW, according to the the game files related to Unknowns they are also called Walker.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Is replacing that file in windows 8 workarround safe ?

Isnt it basicly damaging your system ?
Originally Posted by whatamisupposedtowrite
The fix for HOTB on windows 8 is easy, just download this file and put it into system32 folder, click "yes" to replace/overwrite.

Code:

It is the dmsynth.dll file from a windows 7 system, and fixes both hounds and nanocrisis.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is replacing that file in windows 8 workarround safe ?

Isnt it basicly damaging your system ?
Anyone who was foolish enough to upgrade to Win8 has already damaged their system.

moot

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i think you meant to say downgrade^^

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There is a launcher somewhere which disables sound for 30 sec then reenables it. It allows to play game without any modification at all in windows 8.1

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Can confirm that downloading the full release instead of February(?)'s and updating resolves the cockroach stage crash.

Suiseiseki

Reputation score

Not playing this game for over a year really makes things confusing to me at least. I might need to start over since I forgot where I am on my current save.

Also, I tried using UnGMSPR from the older thread to check the new scenes and sprites but it doesn't work for me. I get the error message "The system cannot find the path specified". I wonder what's wrong.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Not playing this game for over a year really makes things confusing to me at least. I might need to start over since I forgot where I am on my current save.

Also, I tried using UnGMSPR from the older thread to check the new scenes and sprites but it doesn't work for me. I get the error message "The system cannot find the path specified". I wonder what's wrong.
I believe the maker of that software did state there was no guarantee it working on future versions. What you can do I believe is just view them in game maker which can be downloaded via steam.

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Does anyone have the translations that Wessex so generously gave us, and would they mind sending them to me/posting them again here? I've tried searching but twice now I've... I guess downloaded a too-old version, which caused errors? I don't even know. Alright, I'll admit it, it's probably a mistake somewhere on my end but I'm confused and I've fallen and I can't get up etc. etc. Would anyone mind posting the translations again?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Does anyone have the translations that Wessex so generously gave us, and would they mind sending them to me/posting them again here? I've tried searching but twice now I've... I guess downloaded a too-old version, which caused errors? I don't even know. Alright, I'll admit it, it's probably a mistake somewhere on my end but I'm confused and I've fallen and I can't get up etc. etc. Would anyone mind posting the translations again?
AFAIK, newest version wasn't translated yet. Wessex updates first post when new version of game or translation is released, so it's your best source for it.

Uxot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fuck this..can someone upload a save? tried many stuff you guys said and never was able to get the orcs level to show or the new area for the unknowns...

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Fuck this..can someone upload a save? tried many stuff you guys said and never was able to get the orcs level to show or the new area for the unknowns...
A save probably won't help your luck in getting the secondary stages.

Uxot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

worth a try cuz i dont know what else to try.

Thanks for the save file it worked :D

Last edited: