What's new

ACT Abandoned Ryona [Inui] Hounds of the Blade

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Hounds of the Blade

Bad news.
It seems inue wants to stop upgrade this on gm8/gms, the next patch would be final patch of the current game engine.
Then he will try to learn Unity3D and remake this game completely again(That means it would be a very long halt, again.).
Ohhhh...nooooo... :(

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ohhhh...nooooo... :(
wont take that long :) unity easy to learn but if he already knows how to use unity it wont take long at most a month for a working demo

if he is learning from scratch, the wait could be up to a year depending on how fast he can figure it out.

Suranis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I sure hope the quality won't suffer from this too much.
Most of Unity hentai stuff out there is garbage with just few exceptions.
I am no expert on Unity 3d, but is it even possible to sprites like this on this engine?

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

Ffs... again?
*sighs* Well don't got much of a lifespan anyways

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I am no expert on Unity 3d, but is it even possible to sprites like this on this engine?
Yes, in fact in the last year they have a whole new system for 2d.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

I sure hope the quality won't suffer from this too much.
Most of Unity hentai stuff out there is garbage with just few exceptions.
Unity stuff is garbage because anyone can pick it up and run with it. Since the HoB stuff is all done by the one guy, it'll probably look just as good once he gets the swing of unity. If anything, he'll be able to put animations together quicker and/or improve the quality. Probably.

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There's an Silvia scene with those zombie-like dudes in the rat&bat stage when you set "Rescue" to "Failure". That's all.
The cobolio scene yes, but can´t see these zombie guys scene

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Great news actually. GM is a dead end, its serviceable for some basics but as soon as you want to add any degree of complexity, it breaks down.

Hell I'd actually like to help him. A port of what currently exists can be done within a month I'd say.

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Another thing is that GameMaker bug where it crashes if you have sound turned on in windows 8.1 also unity can allow you to do more and have some better graphics. As long as he kept the assets in a form that the unity program agrees with it should go fast to redo.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

... windows 8.1 ...
It was with windows 8 and 8.1, IIRC.
For some god forsaken reason, it was because that windows 8 included some deprecated sound libraries.

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Anyone know of a program which can rip the GSMR files as images, gifs or even webms out of curiosity?

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

UnGMSPR still works for me ... wherever it's gotten off to.

pissudog

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wessex........... where are you?..........

Anybody know what happen to Wessex? He's been very quite lately. I wonder when he upload new translations........ :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Coy47

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

UnGMSPR still works for me ... wherever it's gotten off to.
I was using that but no file seems to come out, like it processes something but no end product appears I assume it comes out in the same folder the program is in.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I wonder what it was he thought he couldn't do with GM. His game's weren't exactly that complicated.

Does he want to do something 3d?

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I wonder what it was he thought he couldn't do with GM. His game's weren't exactly that complicated.

I think people said he was getting tired of all the issues people were having with different types of windows having different kinds of problems. Unity should be something that works more consistently with all platforms.

Deathwing9000

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Edit: and Kiwolfgirl basically beat me to it :p

Game maker does not have a full compatibility for all Operating systems if i remember correctly, unity and unreal are compatible across all operating systems of Windows (XP-10).

I think he was mentioning something about publishing using unity and it will take some time to transfer and adjust to it. (it will also make thing significantly easier for him to code into the game since unity has several coding languages already built in)

Last edited: