What's new

ACT ADV Ci-En Active [Inui] Hounds of the Meteor

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Poor guy. Nanocrisis and HotB are some of the best H games available and yet he's being so hard on himself. I feel that Meteor has been a bit of a bust in it's direction and design, but that doesn't automatically make him a bad developer.

redx

Reputation score
Honestly every time he has a good thing going with a game (its only been 2 i know) it gets canceled.

i'm also sad its going to be just her As the Hcontent and know this this Dev doesn't touch Futanari with a stick......

But i hope he gets around to finishing this one.

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score
A wild new playable version appeared !

Added the testers stage with the evil blue men, with down animation and defeat scene.
Added a scene with the yakuza (or host) looking guy.
Nothing you can miss anyway.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
HM, I wonder if this was the suprise gift my fortune cookie told me about

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Blue men?
Those simulation-testers that you already had in some earlier preview and also the old HotB, I believe.

Wasn't a fan of the design at first, but her big breasts look nice enough, even though I usually prefer smaller ones. Also, her dignified and serious personality is imo even more "fun" in this kind of scenario, especially with all those opportunities to get bullied from the getgo. Changes to her attitude & dialogue (just not outright sluttiness, pls) depending on how events play out would be great, but I'm not expecting too much with Inu's usual speed of development.

The fighting system feels really clunky though. Her normal attacks start of with extremely short range and you always have to stop when fighting. Maybe I am just not "getting" it, but it feels way less dynamic, compared to HotB.

thswherizat

Reputation score
I don't understand why he made a new character just to be remaking the same scenes. I understood with Nanocrisis he was stuck because the gun was too strong, but this is basically just HotB again.

Derp666

Reputation score
I don't understand why he made a new character just to be remaking the same scenes. I understood with Nanocrisis he was stuck because the gun was too strong, but this is basically just HotB again.
I feel the same, he's made three games now and they basically are the same game. Why not just overhaul one game with his new ideas instead of restarting from scratch every time?

facefull123

Demon Girl
Reputation score
well he has redesigned each game each time. Yeah they are similar, but i think his issue is more a long the story side. I think he makes games to make them. He seems like he wants a narrative, but can't figure out how to write one. This makes the game imperfect so he starts from scratch

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Maybe he also just likes to create new characters with improved models and such.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
I feel the same, he's made three games now and they basically are the same game. Why not just overhaul one game with his new ideas instead of restarting from scratch every time?
Four games
There was that one level one with the girl in the black armor and a big fookin axe

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Didn't he specifically say he wanted to move to a new (real) game engine with Unity because he was running into file size and allowance issues with gamemaker and he was frustrated with the Windows 8 issue that gamemaker had? He wanted an engine that would be more compatible, more future proof, and in a program that is more capable of adding modern content and realtime 3d graphics. Plus you get tired working on the same game for years no matter how many people on an online h-game forum whine about starting new ones.

gavincreeper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If I remember correctly, when he moved to Unity (for the reasons KiWolfGirl stated) he started out remaking Hounds of the Blade on it, but decided if he was going to make a game from scratch anyway it might as well be a completely new game.

Personally really like what we got so far. Was not a huge fan of Rena's design at first, but it grew on me. Plus I like her personality more than Aya's, so I'm excited for the next update.

OP
Fenril

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
That's pretty much it. Also, everyone with Windows 8 had difficulty playing the game because of some goddamn brilliant Microsoft logic to remove DLLs that the game needed in order to run. And therefore, everyone with Windows 8 needed to find a workaround. Can't even begin to guess how many people asked how to fix their game in the old thread.

He's since been experimenting with Unity but since it's taken over a year to really get anything out, it seems he's going back to what works. He's been going back and forth on how to make the game but I think he's going back to the old HotB style rather than the top-down perspective. I'll admit I like both plus I do like the previous girl a bit better, but I realize my tastes less popular.

Anyways, I'm still in "wait and see" mode and waiting until the game has more meat on its bones. Haven't bothered to update the OP since I don't even know if there's gonna be another overhaul or not.

Omega9111

Reputation score
Can someone explain to me why Inui did a survey of the costume the character wore? with the combat suit and another one that doesn't have it on, what was the objective? after all, he would wear if or if the combat suit, I thought it would be the clothes that the whole game would wear at the end who has the most votes but apparently it won't be like that, I would have liked him to wear normal clothes since in my opinion is better about the transformation

Even the character of the CG package of 100 images is better

gavincreeper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I did this for me, but decided I might as well share it for anyone who wants it. A kinda, sorta proper English translation.

Disclaimer: I do NOT speak, read or understand Japanese. I basically just used the machine translation Inui provided for the IncompleteEnglish setting and heavily edited it so that it makes sense and tried my best to make it sound like proper English. I did take some creative liberties with the translations here and there so it's not a 100% accurate translation, but it should be accurate enough. I also translated everything that wasn't in English, like the battle dialogue, using Google translate as the basis then editing it to proper English after.

I also altered a couple of character's names to ones that personally sounded nicer: Claude Javis was changed to Claude Jarvis, and Mr. Zetoo was changed to Mr. Zetou. If that bothers you, you can change it yourself.

To install, unzip the file, go to the HotM folder, go to the Text folder, keep a backup of the IncompleteEnglish folder in case something goes wrong, then replace the IncompleteEnglish folder with mine. Launch the game and in the Config menu select IncompleteEnglish

Attachments

HFalx

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Not sure if this is the right place, but has inu's Makoto spinoff-collection already been mentioned?

A collection of static CGs with a girl named Makoto, who has a really nice design imo. Sample is looking good, even if it's not gonna be animated/voiced.
Might be the first time he's actually straight up selling something...