What's new

ITTB: Episode 1: Some Days

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: ITTB: Episode 1: Some Days

Kunrou nodded and pulled her gun from her hip and followed a safe distance behind the captain.

OP
Heretic Zed

Heretic Zed

Lurker
Reputation score

“What was that Mr. ‘I help those who can’t help themselves’?” Isa said snidely, folding her arms under her ample breasts, “Somehow it makes you sound like some kind of hypocrite.” She looked sternly at the other three, “As for you lot, if we’re going to keep running into each other like this, I should introduce myself so you can tell your boss.” In a flash her right hand came out from under her left holding the pistol hidden beneath her coat in an under arm holster and pointed it at the largest of the three men. “Retired Major Isa Mac-Orashu, Eighth Battalion, Alliance Special Forces. I could shoot you three down where you stand for assaulting this man and the law won’t bat an eyelash. Understand?”

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Lyndis stood there blankly for a moment, watching everyone herd out to help that man. Several heartbeats after the door closed behind them, she finally remembered to breathe. Shaking slowly, she went back to her table for a moment, collecting her soup and milk and going back to the now vacant table, waiting for them to come back.

Lurker
Reputation score

Ignoring the others Jean follows Lyndis to her table, "So you were the one that asked to meet me here?" She asks smiling slightly and holds out her hand to shake. "I'm Jean bodyguard extroardinare."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Duke growled at Isa, "What are you talking about? I'm the only one in danger!" he shouted at her.

Then, the thugs, noticing the same girl from before, Dr. Song coming out as well, one of the thugs, likely the leader, began to quickly realize that catching Duke alone was not a good probability anymore. The thug cocked his head at Isa, "You'll regret helpin' this kid," he said, before quietly giving the order to his two cohorts to fall back. They watched the man and two women carefully, in case they tried to attack, as they backed away into a nearby alley for their escape.

Duke sighed, lifting his arm to sheath his blade on his back, which gave a clink when it went in all the way, before turning to Isa and Song who were standing in front of the bar, and folding his arms, "Have you followed me with the desire to insult me again? I believe you've done that enough already."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Kunrou let out a sigh as she holstered her gun again, and then began to look him over. "Do you hurt anywhere?" she asked, probing his lower back with her fingers.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Duke gave a start as the doctor suddenly began probing him with her fingers, "Hey-what..." he started, before noting that the good doctor was not the bad guy here. And it would be impolite to shun her kind want to check his well-being. "No..." he shook his head, blushing a little at how low her hands were going, "The only thing that's been hurt is my pride. I'm fine, thank you." he thanked Song.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

She gave him a critical eye before nodding, satisfied, and sidling back at the table next to Lyn.

OP
Heretic Zed

Heretic Zed

Lurker
Reputation score

“I’m sure your ‘Pride’ will recover,” Isa said re-holstering her pistol, “Your so wrapped up in your own damn ego that you can’t accept the thought of someone wanting to help you for a change.”

She took a few steps closer to Duke, “I meant what I said. There aren’t enough good folk out here. You keep helping people out on your own and sooner or later you’ll piss of the wrong bad ones. The kind of men who could have you killed with a wave of their hand, and they won’t send skittish thugs like those ones. They’ll send a real gunman who’d end you without a second though. What good would you be then? How many people can you save if you’re dead?”

Isa didn’t wait for an answer, “There’s an alliance cruiser drifting out there, lost with all hands in the Miranda Operation. There’s a man who wants something from that ship, and he’s willing to pay good money for it. But that’s not why I’m going. Do you know how many people were on that ship? All those ghosts are still out there. How can they ever be at peace if nobody ever finds their grave? If nobody brings back some piece of them to their families? I once fought for the leaders who caused all this suffering, this is my penance. I need a crew, a crew of good people. Because like you, I can’t do this alone.”

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Duke let out a sigh, lowering his head, and closing his eyes in thought. "I don't suppose this brute will leave me be until I accept her request. Dear lord, she's just as stubborn as her" Duke mused over his thoughts and options for a moment, before lifting his head, looking at Isa, "Be honest..." he said, a deadly serious tone in his voice.

"You want me to come along because you're madly in love with me!" he suddenly announced. Duke shrugged, a smile stretching over his face, "Well, I wouldn't want to break your heart, that's not what a hero does. I suppose I have no choice but to accept, but don't assume love at first sight, dear." he said with a wink, "We only know each other's names, and I prefer getting to know someone before hopping into bed with them!"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Oh, I guess not then." Lyn says apologetically, shaking her hand. "I'm Lyn, and Vikki and I came to meet a Captain she knows. You're welcome to join us I guess, I'm not too sure if this one is the right Captain either..." She explained with a bit of a frown, which turned back to a nervous smile as Song sat back down. "Is everyone alright?" She asked quickly.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Kunrou nodded, "Everyone is alive and..." she paused, "I suppose well is a relative term. I fear that Duke is insane." she murmured quietly, a small smile hovering on her lips, letting Lyn know she was joking. "I don't think I properly introduced myself, I'm Dr. Song."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm Lyn." She says with a smile, putting her spoon down to shake Song's hand. "So, has that Captain lady said anything about waiting for someone? Vikki and I are supposed to meet a captain here on Haven, she said they were looking for a pilot and mechanic, and that Vikki knew them from somewhere else. Probably the war, but I don't really know." She said, taking breaks to have more soup every so often.

Lurker
Reputation score

Jean sighs in dissapointment. "I guess I'll give this client a few more hours. Have a nice day." She says and starts to retreat to a different table.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"I've just met her myself." Kunrou replied, "Though you could ask her if you'd like." She hoped the Captain wouldn't take a liking to this adorable young woman, as uncharitable as the thought was.

Kunrou may not have known the young mechanic very well, but she was adorable, she she'd always had a weakness for cute girls that knew machines. Maybe this one would be willing.

OP
Heretic Zed

Heretic Zed

Lurker
Reputation score

Isa cracked a half smile, of course, he would have to make it all about him “Sure, that’s it, but some how,” she said to Duke, “I think my heart might go on.” She gestured back toward the door to the bar, “Want to go back inside? I promise I’ll be on my best behaviour.”

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Duke folded his arms behind his back in a manner that most noblemen would, "Despite how masculine this woman is, inside all that cold steel lies the heart of a woman. If I'm going to travel with this person, I suppose It'll be worth my time to awaken her feminine side..." he thought.

Duke smiled at Isa, walking towards her, but not directly, just enough for him to pass her while looking straight at her, "Despite what you may think, you're still a woman, my dear." he told her. He stopped when he was standing shoulder to shoulder with her, looking at her out of the corner of his eye, "And you can't fight your instinctual call forever, especially not with a handsome man like myself around. So don't be ashamed of any urges you might have for me."

Then, he took a few more steps, until he reached the entrance to the bar, before he stopped again, and spoke to her without turning around, "Oh... One more thing..." he said slowly, that bright, almost humorous tone in his voice gone, taking a similar tone he had earlier when he told her off, before he got ambushed, "About those men from before... You'd best not ask any questions. You'll not get an answer." he said simply, before pushing the entrance open, and holding it open for Isa.

"Ladies first..." he said, putting a lot of emphasis on the term used to regard Isa as a woman, no matter how manly she acts. "I know a beautiful woman is behind that mask she puts on. She may deny it, but I'll see to it that she realizes it as well. I'll be damned if I refer to her as a man for the rest of my experience knowing her."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'll have to do that." Lyn says with a grin. "I have no idea where Vikki ran off to, or she'd be around to say hi too. I swear, she'd be lost without me." She explains, then laughs merrily.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Isn't she without you right now though?" Kunrou said tilting her head.

OP
Heretic Zed

Heretic Zed

Lurker
Reputation score

“Why thank you good sir,” Isa said, giving Duke a mock curtsy before striding through the door with her head held high and a sway to her hips. Duke, like most people, had assumed that Isa had no manners what so ever. The truth was she knew exactly how to act like a right proper lady of standing. She simply hated doing it. All that pomp was how “Civilized” folk lied to themselves and others, about how they were better than everyone else. Isa had given up on pretending she was part of a civilized world not long before she gave up fighting for those who kept pretending.

Once back in the bar Isa went to where the doc was sitting with the young mechanic girl. She thought about sitting close to the mechanic but remembered she had promised to behave, so she sat farther around the table, this time facing the bar, just in case. “So,” She said of the room in general, “What kind of fun did I miss in here?”