What's new

squeaky_shoes

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: JSK工房 Hgames Thread

Uh, guys, you're going off topic here, no? This was a simple misunderstanding, no need to write walls of text about this.
Agreed, it's done and over with, and you are doing a fantastic job Ritsu. :)

"Users like this" referring to a certain type of user.

You make up part of the group referred to.

That's trolling now?

Oh don't be a fucking moron.

Speaking of trolls, people like this are allowed to breed and vote...

Last edited:

runeflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey, figured out a way to keep a long sentence and split into two lines. EmmGee gave me the idea when he converted all the dialogue lines in the orekko SWF from text to htmlText.

This method requires the Swf Translator 0.1.8 to convert the text into htmlText (kotoba.$text -> kotoba.$htmlText). Then all you have to do is alter the message dialog to expand the area. See attached image.

The side effect is all the spoken text (her dialogue and your responses) are shifted up a small bit. Buttons are unaffected by this change.

Assuming JSK does all their games in a similar method, this may be usable on other games where long English Translations have to wrap on to a second line.

It's odd that a normal <.br> still does not work. But the newline code "&.#010;" does. (without the quotes or the dot)

@XDrakeX
I've written the steps to reproduce this method using the long line "2度と道場破りなどしないようにしてやる。 -> I just want to make sure you wont make that mistake"&.#010;"twice and challenge another dojo to a fight." as the example. You may be too far along to do this with your translator file, but when you are done, I can try modifying the line to again to make it look like the picture. If your interested...

Attachments

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'm about two posts from closing this entire thread. Get back on topic.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

To be honest a new thread might be good (or two threads: one for JSK games and another for the translation projects) seeing as this one has become a giant unwieldly behemoth

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I the new member come with a sort of offering.
...but for some reason I can't post it.
It's [JSK]封魔少女マイサ partial IPS translation.

XDrakeX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, figured out a way to keep a long sentence and split into two lines. EmmGee gave me the idea when he converted all the dialogue lines in the orekko SWF from text to htmlText.

This method requires the Swf Translator 0.1.8 to convert the text into htmlText (kotoba.$text -> kotoba.$htmlText). Then all you have to do is alter the message dialog to expand the area. See attached image.

The side effect is all the spoken text (her dialogue and your responses) are shifted up a small bit. Buttons are unaffected by this change.

Assuming JSK does all their games in a similar method, this may be usable on other games where long English Translations have to wrap on to a second line.

It's odd that a normal <.br> still does not work. But the newline code "&.#010;" does. (without the quotes or the dot)

@XDrakeX
I've written the steps to reproduce this method using the long line "2度と道場破りなどしないようにしてやる。 -> I just want to make sure you wont make that mistake"&.#010;"twice and challenge another dojo to a fight." as the example. You may be too far along to do this with your translator file, but when you are done, I can try modifying the line to again to make it look like the picture. If your interested...
Hey,
its nice to hear that you found a way to make this line visible. I read your guide and tried to do it myself first. I followed it step by step till step 5 "5. Save and close the file and run ScriptCompiler.exe" Everytime i double click scriptcompiler.exe i get a error message. Even when i click scriptdumper and right afterwards i click on scriptcompiler (without even changing something in the script text) i get the same error....

But thx for your offer.
Of course i can send you the game after i finished the translation so you can see if you can do something about it.

dienow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

For anyone that doesn't know and doesn't want to wait for a translation, you CAN hook AGTH into most of the games. It requires work suppressing repetitions and finding threads, but it's feasible. Not fun, but it's better than nothing. To do it, hook /x2 or /x3 and /v into the flash file. I think you need to start the game with AGTH enabled from the start to find the threads you need.

runeflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey,
Everytime i double click scriptcompiler.exe i get a error message. Even when i click scriptdumper and right afterwards i click on scriptcompiler (without even changing something in the script text) i get the same error....
I would have to see the error to try and figure it out.

But you say that you get the error when you run scriptdumper then immediately run scriptcompiler. That is supposed to happen. You have to add the words allowchanges (one word - all lowercase) before you run scriptcompiler.

According to ytinasni, if you run the compiler without allowchanges at the top of the file it does a "sanity check" on the entire script file. Meaning it sees if a hard error exists in the code. Unfortunately, the error seems to say something to the effect of you must put "allowchanges"...etc. in red text making it look like an error.

Also, on step 4 you have to find kotoba.$text and replace it with kotoba.$htmlText. You cannot just search for .$text and replace it with .$htmlText. There are a few declaration lines in Actionscript 3 part of the file that declare use of the built-in text class, and not adding the kotoba. will alter those declarations as well. In that case, it will throw a lot of real errors in the scriptcompiler.

Winterwolf00

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you would bother going a few pages back you will find a guide for the games. You will find the solutions there
Apologies and thank you.
These fighting games suddenly become so much easier when they're properly translated. :D

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

To be honest a new thread might be good (or two threads: one for JSK games and another for the translation projects) seeing as this one has become a giant unwieldly behemoth
I agree. I keep checking back in here for updates but only see needless bickering of late and a bunch of translation and modding stuff that I can't make heads or tails about. Would be nice to have two separate threads for this.

GetBend

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So how is the progress on Shion?

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'm having a little trouble translating Fuuma Girl Maisa. SWF.Translator.exe won't make any changes. I even typed allowchanges at the top of the file. Whenever it's done it says 0/0 changes made. I then take the file from the out folder and try to redump text from it and what do you know nothing changed.

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

So how is the progress on Shion?
I've finished the translation on saturday, sent the scripts to the proofreaders and haven't heard from them since -_-. That's why I asked for people who log in often.

And while I'm waiting for them, I started the archer girl.

XDrakeX

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I would have to see the error to try and figure it out.

But you say that you get the error when you run scriptdumper then immediately run scriptcompiler. That is supposed to happen. You have to add the words allowchanges (one word - all lowercase) before you run scriptcompiler.

According to ytinasni, if you run the compiler without allowchanges at the top of the file it does a "sanity check" on the entire script file. Meaning it sees if a hard error exists in the code. Unfortunately, the error seems to say something to the effect of you must put "allowchanges"...etc. in red text making it look like an error.

Also, on step 4 you have to find kotoba.$text and replace it with kotoba.$htmlText. You cannot just search for .$text and replace it with .$htmlText. There are a few declaration lines in Actionscript 3 part of the file that declare use of the built-in text class, and not adding the kotoba. will alter those declarations as well. In that case, it will throw a lot of real errors in the scriptcompiler.
I attached the error message to my post.

As i said i did everything from your guide. I wrote allowchanges at top of the file and i replaced all kotoba.$text with kotoba.$htmlText. I had to do it like 8 times or so till everything was replaced.

Attachments

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

I've finished the translation on saturday, sent the scripts to the proofreaders and haven't heard from them since -_-. That's why I asked for people who log in often.

If it's the weekend or, usually, Monday or Tuesday then feel free to throw them to me. I've got plenty of time on those days to proof-read. Can't tonight since I have to cover for a buddy at work who wants to watch the Patriots play...but I've got all day tomorrow so I could knock it out in no time at all.

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

WAIT You don't need to do archer girl... I've gotten significant progress in that. Do demon queen or something else instead.
hxxp://img19.imageshack.us/img19/848/archeri.png
change xx to tt

But I can't post any links, edit previous text or do... anything. Until I have 15 posts...

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, I see. Alright then, seeing as the imouto-sama is the only one left, I'll go with it.

edit:
Oh wait. Is anybody translating Kaname girl? It's so hard to keep the track on who's doing what here.

edit2:
It doesn't look like anybody's on to it. I'll do it next then.

Last edited:

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Oh, I see. Alright then, seeing as the imouto-sama is the only one left, I'll go with it.

edit:
Oh wait. Is anybody translating Kaname girl? It's so hard to keep the track on who's doing what here.

edit2:
It doesn't look like anybody's on to it. I'll do it next then.
Alright so since I'm new and I did go through every page here... and still didn't understand.

How many games are translated. I know Ritsu Said he'd post them in his sig, but I heard people talking about the Warrior Princess game or something being translated and stuff and Ritsu only has imoutou rape and Vampire Hunter N.

Are those the only two done?

DontEvenKnow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do your proofreaders have access to a walkthrough? I would have asked to have been a proofreader for you since I have no job and nothing but free time, but I wasn't certain I was qualified. Take the Vampire Hunter game, for example. No matter what choices I seem to make, I always end up with either the Love Ending 1 or Lewd Ending 1. Due to that, there is obviously much of the game I haven't seen.

I didn't offer since I felt that if I had the same problem with this new game, I wouldn't be able to view all the text and wouldn't have been able to do the job properly.

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

@DontEvenKnow
I dunno. I guess they've seen it somewhere here.
As a proofreader you don't really have to play the game. I have scripts in .txt files, so you just go through them and correct the mistakes. If you have free time and is good with english, I guess I could take you as a proofreader.

@TitanAnteus
Yeah, those two are the only ones. The other ones are WIP.