What's new

Red Tape

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: JSK工房 Hgames Thread

Would be nice if we had another thread for releases...as is, there's a lot of sifting through pages of mostly debates on 'X' topics only to find out there wasn't anything really relevant to the projects. Yeah, I'm a bit lazy. Yeah, I'm a bit of an ass. But we've gone through about 10 pages in the last month and have only had Shion, I believe.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not putting down work ethic or your right to talk about projects but it's kind of tough to keep tabs on what's actually being done sometimes.
I also vote for a JSK releases thread. But for the time being I just check Ritsu's sig.

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Seems legit.

If it's fine to have a "general discussion" thread and a "strictly releases by translators" thread, then that'd be hella convenient.

And if there were some way to enforce the "releases only, no cluttering up the thread with other discussion" rule, that'd be even more convenient.

The difficulties of people just sifting through THIS thread for the releases are comprehensible enough, even if they are patient and intelligent people.
For example, we haven't actually had only Shion in the recent past, but Shion AND Orekko AND Kakutou Imoutou.
Orekko: localhostr.com/pz2qtgjxotPS
Kakutou Imouto: localhostr.com/fKtplJDMbpjG
Post: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=419500&highlight=Orekko#post419500

Ritsu's step of putting his releases in his signature was a pretty helpful step.
All the same, even if ALL the translators did that, it would still leave people with the problem that they didn't necessarily know who all the translators were, so they wouldn't necessarily know whose signatures they should hunt down to find all the releases. The signature solution ain't a complete solution therefore, and that's a bit of a shame.

Last edited:

sewermedic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't think a general discussion thread would help. There really isn't much to discuss other than how to get the different endings so I feel the thread would quickly die. At least with this thread, the JSK community is together and players can help give input to translators and discuss the game at the same time without having to follow two separate threads.

tldr; creating two separate threads would segregate the community

Red Tape

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't think a general discussion thread would help. There really isn't much to discuss other than how to get the different endings so I feel the thread would quickly die. At least with this thread, the JSK community is together and players can help give input to translators and discuss the game at the same time without having to follow two separate threads.

tldr; creating two separate threads would segregate the community
Um... I don't think you understand why we want to create a separate thread.

The other thread would just one or two posts. Only actually posted in when either JSK released a new game or if someone finished translating or uncensoring one of them. The separate thread would ask to keep all discussion restricted to this thread, and would only exist to make finding these easier than shifting though the 30 pages of this thread.

sewermedic

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If the other thread was just for releases, it would have to be stickied because it would be inactive other than a new post every few months.

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That would work, or a helpful bro like Ritsu could include that thread in his signature just as easily.

Bernaregna

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's a good idea: 1 thread for the news of the new games out and their translation-uncensoring and 1 thread to discuss about the games and their walkthroughs

OP
AceofWind

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If the other thread was just for releases, it would have to be stickied because it would be inactive other than a new post every few months.
If we just make this thread solely for discussion, I can edit the first post and link to the download thread, it'll be like how hongfire does with games they make mods for, the pack will be moved to the download thread.

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Personally I'm thinking of the downloads-only thread as the thread that will be limited "solely" to something, not this thread.

Like, I would enjoy it if the authors continued to ALSO post their releases here, so for people FOLLOWING this thread there was an unbroken flow of conversation and all, but for quick reference, there was also the specific releases-only thread, without chatter posts... (except maybe one bump per release when the releases were edited into the author's posts in that thread, to actually raise the release thread and bring it to peeps' attention... iunno.)

On top of that, the releases-only thread would feature human translated releases only, (modded and unmodded as well, etc) linked and sorted by translator (and modder, where relevant) preferably in specific posts BY the translators and modders (or by just one of the group of them, when the translation or mod was a group effort.)

It wouldn't feature the whole pack, including machine translations, as the first post in this thread does. Additionally, whether or not anyone else ALSO posted links to the releases, the translator's posts would be the ones most readily accessible on the first page so that the translators could update those posts as soon as they released a thing, also unlike this thread.

...Of course, if a translator joined after a page or two of bumps and so his stuff wasn't available on the first page, we'd have a problem again, but ... only so much you can do on a forum, or something, I guess? A solution to that problem might be never to bump the thing at all unless there was a new translator and modder, and just to have the link to that thread in the first post of THIS thread (and in the signature of whoever wants to put it there.)

Darkwatcher10

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So far Lucky takes the medal for most structured idea for a auxilary thread. Sure, I don't understand what most of the problems he's brainstorming solutions for are, but that probably just stems from me not ever being fond of the forums system and said content being relevant to how forums work.
*shrug*
Non-the-less, his plans got my vote for now.

Tai Tai

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I kinda found the Kaname Imouto on funny-games (unable to post URL), but realized that it was bugged. I was only able to fight, but not able to see any sex scenes. Anyone who would post a new link would be nice.

Yatol

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I kinda found the Kaname Imouto on funny-games (unable to post URL), but realized that it was bugged. I was only able to fight, but not able to see any sex scenes. Anyone who would post a new link would be nice.
funny games is managed by an asshole who dosent even check is game, repost them 5 times in different titles and dosent do shit about those spammers and does creepy pedophiles. :mad:

ranting aside a link to the game is available in this thread.

Bernaregna

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

funny games is managed by an asshole who dosent even check is game, repost them 5 times in different titles and dosent do shit about those spammers and does creepy pedophiles. :mad:

ranting aside a link to the game is available in this thread.
I quote each word you have written

Ritsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow, I never thought Miyuka-sama had so much femdom stuff.

GetBend

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Wow, I never thought Miyuka-sama had so much femdom stuff.
Well, she IS a tsundere,so it makes sense. Dunno why in the newer games that element was toned down so much.

Finfin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, she IS a tsundere,so it makes sense. Dunno why in the newer games that element was toned down so much.
I'm surprised too. I personally didn't like Miyuka because I'm not too big on the whole tsundere thing but I thought it was pretty big among Japanese nerds. I guess femdom and tsundere are two different things. The other girls have moments that can be considered tsundere/femdom but, fortunately, not too much.

bgn

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Or "If only there were more flat girls."
Yeah I'll admit everything past Miyuka is pretty big up there.

JSK decided he/she/they didn't like flats?