What's new

Kantai Collection RP Sign Ups

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Hello to whoever reads this, this is the sign ups for a Kantai Collection Sessional RP. For those of you that don't know what Kantai Collection is, its a game where the spirit of almost every single ship from World War 2 has been reborn into a girl.

These girls become able to do things like summon equipment that allows them to replicate the firepower of the ship they inherited. It also gives them natural resilience equivalent to such things. They very much need all the strength their 'inheritance' gives them to battle the Abyssals. Unknown beings that have appeared and taken over most of the worlds oceans, the basic Abyssals look very alien and organic, but more advanced Abyssal beings look and act very much like human females, though they are very hostile to anyone who comes there way.

This RP would have the players playing as Ship Girls, assigned to a joint nation fleet at a new base to help fight against the Abyssals. The admiral of this fleet will be controlled by myself, and there will be some limited spots so that we don't end up with a fleet of nothing but carriers, but otherwise players are free to pick ships from any nation as long as it sailed sometime after 1920 and was a military vessel.

Ship class limits for now
Carrier (Light/Heavy/Armoured): 1/1
Capital Ships (Battleships/Battle cruisers): 2/2
Max Slots total 6/8

Note, this game will be held in the Special Hell Chatroom and not on the forum.

For Sign Ups, please fill out the following sheet.

Name:
Nationality:
Class (Destroyer/Light Cruiser/Cruiser/Battleship/Carrier/etc):
Picture/Description:
(Optional) Background:

An example of the above would be

Name: Akagi
Nationality: Japanese
Class: Carrier
Picture/Description:

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Kantai Collection RP Sign Ups

Name: ORP Błyskawica (Lightning)
Nationality: Polish
Class: Destroyer

Picture/Description: Currently using the one on the left. Right-side is post remodel upgrade.

Background: As a human, Błyskawica was a young girl named Anna. She had a fascination with sea and tales of the second World War, an odd hobby for a girl. Still, no one thought it was anything particularly weird until she graduated high school and decided to celebrate by going to visit one of Poland's most unusual museums - the destroyer ORP Błyskawica itself. It was there that she made contact with the spirit of the ship, becoming a fully fledged shipgirl - the only one fielded by Poland thus far. Taken into training, she distinguished herself thanks to her heavy - for a destroyer - armaments, vast experience of her ship spirit and above average speed, managing a top speed of 39 knots.

Being the only Polish shipgirl makes her somewhat melancholic at times, particularly whenever her sister ship Grom (Thunderclap) is brought up. She also displays an unusual fondness of Great Britain, owing to the fact she was constructed there. She is especially attached to the town of Cowes on the Isle of Wight, the place where she was first constructed and which she once defended from a raid of 160 German bombers. As a result of that incident, she is very confident in her AA combat abilities. Being one of the few ships to survive the entire war and bearing the highest Polish military decoration (Virtuti Militari, 4th class), she tends to think of herself like a veteran compared to less accomplished ships. She is not particularly fond of U-boats or Kriegsmarine in general, due to history, though memories of Operation Deadlight gave her enough perspective to not let it cloud her judgement much.

Despite her appearance, Błyskawica tends to be serious and composed most of the time, carrying herself with poise and confidence she believes to be expected from a distinguished shipgirl. She takes the accomplishments of her namesake seriously and strives to be worthy of carrying her name, which sometimes causes her stress. She tends to alleviate her moods with sarcasm, often directed at other shipgirls when they act in what she considers improper manner. That being said, she tends to break her own composure whenever she gets emotional. Also has a habit of using depth charges as grenades instead of simply dumping them from a chute as intended by her constructors.

Last edited:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Name: Alexis Cowen, AKA USS Iowa
Nationality: American
Class: Battleship
Picture/Description:
Background: Alexis was...The average American student. Studying in software design and cybersecurity, she would have likely gone on to become the average IT nerd. That is, until she found herself infused with the spirit of BB-61, Iowa. Much like her spirit, she's powerful, resolute, and refuses to give up. Of course, being infused with the spirit of one of America's most famous battleships has her feeling like she's on top of the world, and who wouldn't, with the amount of firepower she can dish out?

Last edited:

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Name: Tenryuu
Class (Destroyer/Light Cruiser/Cruiser/Battleship/Carrier/etc): Light Cruiser
Picture/Description:

(Optional) Background:
-Very bellicose, with the catchphrase of "怖いか?" (Heh, you scared?). She is, however, often depicted in a way that subverts this, especially when teased by Tatsuta. She is also depicted as a babysitter to the Akatsuki class.
-Brash appearance and manner
-Her mannerisms paired with her eyepatch often lead to her depiction as a chuunibyou character, with humorous results.
-Sunk by USS Albacore (SS-218) 18 December 1942, off Madang, New Guinea.

Last edited:

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ship Name:HMS Warspite (Real Name: Victoria Warfield)
Nationality:British
Class (Destroyer/Light Cruiser/Cruiser/Battleship/Carrier/etc):Battleship
Picture/Description:
(Optional) Background:Victoria Warfield lived near Prussia Cove in Cornwall, the daughter of a Royal Navy Lieutenant. Next in a long line of sailors, Victoria was eager and ready to enlist and prove worthy of the family name and the legacy that came with it. Though she had a very strict and stern upbringing, she did indulge in her love of history often and visited many historical sights near her home. This included one very important piece of naval history. She often visited the Warspite Memorial, the young woman quite fascinated with the story of the old warship that tried to make a break and save itself from being scrapped. She admired how this old warship was defiant to the last. It was there her life was changed forever.

Taking on the mantle of the old warship, the HMS Warspite, Victoria now carried with her the legacy of this venerable ship. A veteran of both world wars and more decorated then any ship in the Royal Navy, she bore her title of Grand Old Lady with pride. Sure the other ship girls might be sleeker or newer or sporting bigger guns, but they didn't have her scars, her combat record or her determination. She survived both wars and despite the beating she too, she kept coming back for more. Sure it took a couple refits, but she was one of the strongest ships in the world at one point and took on any foe that came her way. Now she had a chance to continue this legacy.

Last edited:

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Name: U-2511 (Rilla)
Nationality: Germany
Class: Submarine
Picture/Description: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/album.php?albumid=1051&pictureid=17123
Background: One of the only Elektroboote submarines to see active service, U-2511 of the Kriegsmarine is a quiet person who prefers to spend as much time submerged as she can. U-2511 generally only speaks up when coordinating combat, and instead likes to spend her time practicing attack runs on anyone who's conveniently located nearby.

Due to her electric motors, she tends to give static shocks the first time she's touched when emerging from the water.

Last edited:
OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Added a note about where the game is being hosted. It will not be a PbP here on the forum but a sessional RP on the Special Hell Chat

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Name: Eleanor Page / USS Enterprise "Big E"
Nationality: United States
Class: Carrier
Picture/Description:
Background: Always top of her class at the US Naval Academy, with a double-major in electrical engineering and meteorology (for fun!), Eleanor Page has always been the best at what she does. A talented archer and a great dancer with a model's figure, Eleanor's success is not merely confined to the classroom. Unfortunately, she knows it quite well, and is just a bit vain at times.

Of course, gaining the powers and spirit of the USS Enterprise didn't help matters in that regard. The USS Enterprise fought in and survived more Pacific engagements than any other ship in the fleet, easily the most decorated ship in World War II. Eleanor is proud of her ship record in addition to her own accomplishments, making her a little headstrong (and sometimes insufferable); but she is an adversary to be reckoned with, capable of using her semi-automatic crossbow to devastating effect in combat. Now she just needs to reel in her ego a bit.

Last edited:

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Name: Atago
Class (Destroyer/Light Cruiser/Cruiser/Battleship/Carrier/etc): Heavy Cruiser (Takao-class)
Picture/Description:
(Optional) Background: (May fill in more later.)

OP
Ranger9000

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, first session of this is going to be on one of the following times, up to group vote.

Wednesday the 4th 3PM PST
Friday the 6th 3PM PST
Sunday the 8th 12PM PST

Last edited:

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm sorry to say, but the first two are not good for me at all. What most of you probably call 3PM is midnight for me. Sunday works, but the other two? I'll have two, maybe three hours at most if I can maintain my focus that long.

Last edited:

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually, I'm with Grave, for the same reasons. 3PM PST is 6PM EST, and that's late for starting a game for me. I could see Sunday working out. Though I see no reason we couldn't run it at the same time as Prequel, now that I think about it.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I vote Option 3 as well.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Alls good for me.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Im probably the only one who cant do it on Sundays...

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, I'm with Grave, for the same reasons. 3PM PST is 6PM EST, and that's late for starting a game for me. I could see Sunday working out. Though I see no reason we couldn't run it at the same time as Prequel, now that I think about it.
Weekend classes. I need sleep.

S u r i

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ranger, Hope and I were talking and maybe we can incorporate two different sessions. Splitting the group up and such. You know, that way everyone can still participate and stuff.

Plot-wise, the teams can be in support of each other. With each team's actions affecting the other's in some way.

This is just a suggestion.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

With a group as big as this, I'd be amazed if we ever managed to get everybody on the same page when it comes to picking schedules. I guess we don't have much of a choice.

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

This also gives us a reason to have both admirals.

Sunday is still the best day for me.