What's new

Kantai Collection

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Kantai Collection

Best way to get fuel? Constantly run expedition 5 with 1 light cruiser and 3 destroyers, all sparkling with one of your secondary fleets. Also make sure you do as many of the daily quests as possible to subsidize your operations.

As for your ship levels, there's no hard and fast rule for levels before tackling the next map in queue. Obviously leveling your ships will improve your odds for clearing the next map but there's a fair amount of luck involved. Just take your time levelling and periodically try tackling the next map. You only risk time and resources if you are forced to retreat with damage.

Congratulations on the sub, she'll be definitely useful later. I would personally recommend not levelling her till later, she can be useful for more efficiently leveling your fleets, since she's quick and cheap to repair and will draw fire from enemy DDs and CLs, but at low levels she'll get hit a lot and you'll be forced to retreat unless you want to risk losing her. But it's up to you.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I've been trying ths SoftEther VPN thing, but everytime I try to connect to a relay server I get this:

Error (Error Code 2):
Protocol error occurred. Error was returned from the destination server.

Anyone knows how I could solve this?

edit:nevermind, fixed it, apparently you need to find a VPN that's not overloaded or something I guess.

Now I guess all I'll do is check for new spots once in a while

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know how you guys even bother with this, when I use a VPN, my connection speed slows to a crawl, I wouldn't be able to even play other games, listen to music or do anything else online. I even chose the best Japanese server.

I might try it if they unlock the region lock, but I doubt that's happening.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I actually have nearly no problem with VPN on >.<

Maybe my download speed drops by half or so, but it's still enough to do most stuff on the internet. I can't see 2 streams I guess, but that's fine for a while.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I actually have nearly no problem with VPN on >.<

Maybe my download speed drops by half or so, but it's still enough to do most stuff on the internet. I can't see 2 streams I guess, but that's fine for a while.
Yeah maybe there was something temporarily wrong with the server even though the stats on it looked good. Was taking me like 5 minutes to load a page.

OP
CodeKyuubi

CodeKyuubi

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I don't know how you guys even bother with this, when I use a VPN, my connection speed slows to a crawl, I wouldn't be able to even play other games, listen to music or do anything else online. I even chose the best Japanese server.

I might try it if they unlock the region lock, but I doubt that's happening.
You use the VPN to get the API code so that you can play without the VPN. There are instructions on the internet on how to get that. Do note to never show your API code, since anyone can use that to log in to your account.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Managed to get in the new server! Also, this API thing rocks, I don't need VPN constantly on now ^^

Some questions I can't seem to get answered though:

1)How do you get more stats on ships? They do level through Sorties, but I don't see their stats raised. Only through the modernization thingy?

2)What does the admiral level do besides letting you craft better equipment?

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Managed to get in the new server! Also, this API thing rocks, I don't need VPN constantly on now ^^

Some questions I can't seem to get answered though:

1)How do you get more stats on ships? They do level through Sorties, but I don't see their stats raised. Only through the modernization thingy?

2)What does the admiral level do besides letting you craft better equipment?
1) level up your ship raise mainly LOS, dodge and ASW. Modernization raise Firepower , AA , Torpedo , Armor and luck with Maruyu.

2) You can stock up more ressources with natural regen.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, I am starting to like this game even more, I now understand the hype around it.

And also, I have a problem with fuel, it runs out so fast. Can you trade other resources or something? I've got for example every resource 1000+, and fuel 200...

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks, I am starting to like this game even more, I now understand the hype around it.

And also, I have a problem with fuel, it runs out so fast. Can you trade other resources or something? I've got for example every resource 1000+, and fuel 200...
I wish! I've wanted a resource trade for awhile. But sadly, just spam expedition 5 and 9 for fuel. Best way to get it, or just don't sortie for awhile, or use ships that don't use an ass load of fuel. xD

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

For the fuel farm you can spam 2-3 sub run really effective, but well you need sub :p

OP
CodeKyuubi

CodeKyuubi

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, I farm 2-3 and 2-4 all the time since my 4 subs (I couldn't get I-8) are over level 70 now. Though tbh, fuel is the least of my worries. I need steel and bauxite to roll for Taihou.

raziafireblade

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Finally got my Hatsuharu to lvl 20 and got her remodeled. First remodeled ship!

I'm wondering about leveling. I'm currently on 2-3, and the average level of my fleet is around 15-16. However, I keep hearing from other people that they have much higher levels around world 2, so I'm wondering how exactly should I be leveling my ships? I've been trying to do 2-1/2-2 with my fleets, but they always get hurt quite a bit which makes me waste time docking (and buckets are limited). Then again, I have only been playing for around 4 days, so maybe this is the norm?

And for modernizations, should I bother to raise other ships to use as fodder? How long does it take? What stats should I focus on (especially for Hatsuharu because she's my first remodeled ship lol)?

Currently have 3 BBs: Kongou (second try on a BB recipe and she popped out, my first BB lol), Yamashiro, and recently got Ise. Been trying to level them, along with Akagi and some CVLs like Houshou and Shouhou, but I've also been trying to level my Murakumo and I-168. Suffice to say, the leveling method I'm trying is eating up resources and time like crazy, so any advice on how to properly do things would be helpful.

Bauxite hasn't been dropping alot for me (currently at around 5000+ compared to my 1000ish steel and fuel) even though I've been using Akagi, which surprised me, though I bet in later levels she'll live up to her namesake as a bauxite glutton.

Yamashiro is sooo annoying, Onee-sama this and that all the freaking time. I can't wait to replace her with Haruna or something once she drops (if she drops). Kongou is amazing, as expected. Her Japanglish is very hilarious.

I have been spamming expidition 5 from world 1 for fuel, so it's not that bad, but steel is getting short because my BBs and CV/CVLs have been getting damaged a lot, so any good expeditions to get steel from? I've been doing expedition 3 but not sure if that's worthwhile.

Edit: Also, what should I be doing with my unused ships? I've been keeping at least one of each, but my capacity is getting full (around 90/100). I don't want to scrap/modernize some of them yet because of the green quests, but what about the rest?

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone knows when is maintenance supposed to end? I thought it was 8 AM GMT, but doesnt seem so. Or maybe API link doesn't work anymore now?

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After maintenance, you've gotta grab a new API link.

sev

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Finally got my Hatsuharu to lvl 20 and got her remodeled. First remodeled ship!

I'm wondering about leveling. I'm currently on 2-3, and the average level of my fleet is around 15-16. However, I keep hearing from other people that they have much higher levels around world 2, so I'm wondering how exactly should I be leveling my ships? I've been trying to do 2-1/2-2 with my fleets, but they always get hurt quite a bit which makes me waste time docking (and buckets are limited). Then again, I have only been playing for around 4 days, so maybe this is the norm?
Their higher levels come from doing 2-4, I'm sure. I can attest to that. I didn't have much problem going through World 2 until 2-4.

And for modernizations, should I bother to raise other ships to use as fodder? How long does it take? What stats should I focus on (especially for Hatsuharu because she's my first remodeled ship lol)?
Levels don't effect the stat gain for modernizations.
You'll be getting plenty of kanmusu from 2-4 and 3-2 (especially 3-2) for practically all the stats, so you don't need to worry which.

Currently have 3 BBs: Kongou (second try on a BB recipe and she popped out, my first BB lol), Yamashiro, and recently got Ise. Been trying to level them, along with Akagi and some CVLs like Houshou and Shouhou, but I've also been trying to level my Murakumo and I-168. Suffice to say, the leveling method I'm trying is eating up resources and time like crazy, so any advice on how to properly do things would be helpful.
If you haven't toned down on the crafting, you should, that gives you a pretty big resource surplus right there.

Edit: Also, what should I be doing with my unused ships? I've been keeping at least one of each, but my capacity is getting full (around 90/100). I don't want to scrap/modernize some of them yet because of the green quests, but what about the rest?
Personally I just use them for modernization.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks Zodiark, managed to play by doing the whole procedure after maintenance. However now every few hours I get the error and have to repeat the VPN thing. Before today's maintenance, I was able to play 2 days with the API link without this problem...

comradered

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Thanks Zodiark, managed to play by doing the whole procedure after maintenance. However now every few hours I get the error and have to repeat the VPN thing. Before today's maintenance, I was able to play 2 days with the API link without this problem...
Because of exploiters, script users and the like, they upped the security. Now the API link refreshes every hour, so you'll have to log in again. Also, while this is still unconfirmed, using public VPN connections might get you banned.

Congratulations, you script kiddies and exploiters. You ruined the game for the rest of us. I hope you're happy.

Also, this was on their Twitter:
不正利用者への対策について
最近増加しつあるマクロやチートなどの利用規約に反した不正接続を行う方への対応度を、段階的に高めています。該当の方の、把握及びトレースを進めています。該当の方は、恐縮ですが接続遮断及びアカウントの停止/削除等の対応となる場合があります。

Last edited:

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, they've changed it back now.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And all is good, it was really annoying...

A question about modernization: Am I supposed to max the stats of a ship I want to remodel before doing it? Does it get any bonus based on old stats when it gets remodeled or nothing at all?