What's new

Kantai Collection

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Kantai Collection

You can max the ship's stats before remodeling if you want, so that they do more damage/take less to make levelling easier, but the stat upgrades do not carry over to after remodelling.

OP
CodeKyuubi

CodeKyuubi

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

And all is good, it was really annoying...

A question about modernization: Am I supposed to max the stats of a ship I want to remodel before doing it? Does it get any bonus based on old stats when it gets remodeled or nothing at all?
I believe if you max your ship's stats, then subsequent level ups will increase the un-raisable stats like vision range and evasion. If that's true, maxing your ship's stats earlier could prove useful, as you'd have more points that get spread around after a remodel.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I believe if you max your ship's stats, then subsequent level ups will increase the un-raisable stats like vision range and evasion. If that's true, maxing your ship's stats earlier could prove useful, as you'd have more points that get spread around after a remodel.
Not true. Those stats are upgraded just by leveling. Only FP (fire power), TP (torpedo power), AA (Anti-Air), and Armor can be raised via modernization. Evasion, ASW, and LOS are increased by level.

nic0las214

Sex Demon
Reputation score

and luck can be raised by maruyu or remodeled ship(very small chance)

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can anyone give me tips on 2-4?

I read you need remodeled ships, so I now got 3 BB, 1 AV and 2 CA all remodeled around level 30, and with some extra modernization stats on most of them. But after the 3rd or so fight, they run out of ammo, and start hitting for 5-10 damage. How do you manage to get to the boss when there are at least 4 fights before it, meaning you'll never have ammo?

shinjai

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, if you end up on the northernmost route, you will definitely run out of ammo, so retreat before you reach the boss.
Also, do not engage in any night battles until you reach the boss, as night battles consume additional ammo.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh didn't know that, I will skip them no matter what rank I get before the boss, thanks.

The route I get is the middle I think, something like enemy-resource-enemy-enemy-enemy-out of ammo.