What's new

RPG Patreon [Kenkou Cross] Monster Girl Encyclopedia RPG

Reputation score
MGE RPG header.jpg

This is an official Monster Girl Encyclopedia game currently under development. A demo is available from , , and , but it seems that all of these require payment.

Basically, it's a a BF (battlefuck) game where you "fight" against monster girls. In battle, both you and the monster girl have Ecstasy and Love gauges. From what I understand, the Ecstasy gauge is filled up by attacks. If yours reaches 100% first, you lose and become the MG's sex slave, but if their gauge reaches 100% first, they join your party. There's also an Action Gauge which seems to determine when you and the MG can take action.

Fetishes: Monster girl, reverse rape

Patreon:

Currently, the main sources of information are these tweets from Kenkou Cross:

Last edited:

2-tall

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Monster Girl Encyclopedia... I remember that the world of MGE was base-breaking as all hell. Something about the dude losing his temper at the western critics of his work on the Monster Girl Unlimited forums? I had an account there but was not in attendance for that so I am not clear on the details. I am not a fan of corruption but I like my monster girls. I am on the fence with this setting myself.

Urtlamamen

Reputation score
Kenkoumon
i used to make real life encyclopedia out of his work for personal use
it was phase.......

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Going through his twitter it looks like he wants to get a demo out this summer.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hopefully the gameplay will be more ero-centric than just your regular jrpg vanilla combat.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
There's also an Action Gauge which seems to determine when you and the MG can take action.
NOOOO I hate ATB.
All it does is slow down normal battles. Just precalculate that shit... damn it...

helltauros

Reputation score
Whoa now this is interesting a game with all girls drawn by Kenkou Cross

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
. KC says that a playable demo will be coming out soon and that he's requested a translation by a fan translator who's already experienced at translating MGE content. However, the cost of translation is going to be high due to the amount of text, so he'd appreciate more support from patrons. Also, he now plans on responding to messages he receives through Patreon, albeit using machine translation.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
. KC says that a playable demo will be coming out soon and that he's requested a translation by a fan translator who's already experienced at translating MGE content. However, the cost of translation is going to be high due to the amount of text, so he'd appreciate more support from patrons. Also, he now plans on responding to messages he receives through Patreon, albeit using machine translation.
Currently, I have about 8000 dollars in Patreon support funds, but since there are about 100,000 characters of Japanese text for each monster girl, it will cost at least 2000 dollars per girl to translate. In other words, just getting the demo version translated will take up most of the support funds I have received.
Geez, I know professional translators aren't cheap, but I wonder what kind of rate he's getting if its like $2000 per monster girl...

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Geez, I know professional translators aren't cheap, but I wonder what kind of rate he's getting if its like $2000 per monster girl...
Your comment made me curious, so I used to check out translation rates and... the rate KC quoted (about 2 cents per Japanese character) actually seems to be relatively cheap.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
That is a lot of text for each monster girl, that makes me think they are going to have a decent amount of dialogue throughout the story and not just be almost silent party members to collect.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
That is a lot of text for each monster girl, that makes me think they are going to have a decent amount of dialogue throughout the story and not just be almost silent party members to collect.
I highly doubt that.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Your comment made me curious, so I used to check out translation rates and... the rate KC quoted (about 2 cents per Japanese character) actually seems to be relatively cheap.
That... kind of surprises me, to be honest. It just sounds like its so much. I mean, I get Japanese to English isn't the most simple thing but...

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Monster Girl Encyclopedia... I remember that the world of MGE was base-breaking as all hell. Something about the dude losing his temper at the western critics of his work on the Monster Girl Unlimited forums? I had an account there but was not in attendance for that so I am not clear on the details. I am not a fan of corruption but I like my monster girls. I am on the fence with this setting myself.

I know it's a bit late, but my understanding was that the criticism mostly stemmed from how unnecessarily grimdark the setting is, to which KC took exception to. In the defense of MGU (which is now essentially dead), when you're doing content that is basically adult in nature and want to Zack Snyder your setting with little to no purposeful reasoning (as KC apparently did), it is a shit maneuver and you deserve to be criticized harshly.

In terms of a MGE game, kind of hoping the writing is a step up from the alleged grimdark shit from the original work, but KC seems weirdly vindictive and reluctant to consider revisions.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I know it's a bit late, but my understanding was that the criticism mostly stemmed from how unnecessarily grimdark the setting is, to which KC took exception to. In the defense of MGU (which is now essentially dead), when you're doing content that is basically adult in nature and want to Zack Snyder your setting with little to no purposeful reasoning (as KC apparently did), it is a shit maneuver and you deserve to be criticized harshly.

In terms of a MGE game, kind of hoping the writing is a step up from the alleged grimdark shit from the original work, but KC seems weirdly vindictive and reluctant to consider revisions.
Can you explain to me what part of his setting is grimdark?

It's hard femdom for sure, (well used to be) but it's nowhere near grimdark.

There's no death or anything.
Redcaps, the goblins that have a red head because it's covered in blood in the original D&D designs are violently aggressive sexually in MGE. They don't physically harm anyone.
In fact... none of the monsters actually harm anyone.

All the physical attackers get their physical attacks converted into pleasure attacks.

The worst that happens is that you get turned into a monster and get stuck in eternal doggystyle with another monster as an attached being, or eternal cowgirl as a symbiotic partner.

If I'm remembering properly, the new demon lord is a woman and part succubus I think. So her influence went out as a wave and transformed the monsters that normally inhabited the world into monster girls who seek pleasure. Being influenced by the new demon lord and her nature, the monsters in the world are sexually forward and aggressive for the most part (after receiving complaints that he focuses too hard on femdom, he's added submissive girls and girls that have a switch making them both in personality.)

But yeah... that world is technically safer to live in than the most cookie cutter JRPG universe of Dragon Quest.

Seriously all the criticisms of the MGE universe has done is pull it to the center when it comes to sexual proclivities is all.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It was a long time ago so I may be wrong but I thought he caught flack from some trolls from MGU and Anon because of the loli-gangs (Baphomet and Witches) that would kidnap men and mind-break them into becoming paedophiles as well as kidnapping women and turning them into lollies with magic potions in the lore. The trolls harassed him over the loli stuff including sending him loli guro which pissed him off causing him to threaten legal action against MGU which forced them to remove all his content from the site.

Last edited:

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
The trolls harassed him over the loli stuff including sending him loli guro which pissed him off causing him to threaten legal action against MGU which forced them to remove all his content from the site.
It wasn't just that. I wasn't super active in the MGU community but I did follow Kenkou's blog, and he got complaints about basically everything he did.
He got complaints that all the girls were too aggressive which is why in the remake of the orc he rewrote it to be that they'll assault you, but if you reverse it they become submissive pigs. Same with orc captains.
People were saying that the population of the girls was too high and a lot of people wanted him to add girl's love so he added that twin plant that was stuck in endless yuri until it found a man, turning it into an endless threesome.

Just check his old stuff b4 remake and after remake.

The biggest changes is that a few of the girls now have conditions that make them more submissive so that the Encyclopedia has mass appeal with people of most sexual inclinations.
The second biggest change is that some entries hint at other monsters and there's more focus on the general temperament of the girls.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It wasn't just that. I wasn't super active in the MGU community but I did follow Kenkou's blog, and he got complaints about basically everything he did.
He got complaints that all the girls were too aggressive which is why in the remake of the orc he rewrote it to be that they'll assault you, but if you reverse it they become submissive pigs. Same with orc captains.
People will always complain no matter what a creator does, girls too aggressive, girls too submissive, girls too monstrous, girls not monstrous enough. I guess he tried to find a middle ground but I personally prefer the old stuff with complete femdom, no chance of reversal to maledom just to validate someone's masculinity.