What's new

RPG Patreon [Kenkou Cross] Monster Girl Encyclopedia RPG

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
it seems that from the demo you can only get the werecat and imp. pretty good game,wish i could somehow make them 100% before i reach it,instad i get both gauges at 100%. its nice but if the game kinda told me there is 3 ways to win.
i dominate them
they dominate me
we both reach a 100% gauge.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
there is 3 ways to win.
i dominate them
they dominate me
we both reach a 100% gauge.
There are only 2 ways.

There's no "I dominate them" victory.
If they reach 100% before you, that doesn't mean you win. She'll keep going until you reach 100% too.

"They dominate me" is you getting to 100% first.

"We both reach 100%" is the only other combat ending condition.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
That's kinda disappointing, it takes away from the game if there's no proper success/defeat.

Kamil118

Lurker
Reputation score
If you lose with significantly less love than the girl, to the point she won't get to 100 love in the ending "cutscene" you will get a bad end, after which the game lets you load a save or respawn at the bed.

Losing that badly kinnda requires you to try and select submit option in beg menu.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
That's kinda disappointing, it takes away from the game if there's no proper success/defeat.
Success is getting the girl to follow you on your adventures. Failure is being kept by the girl and following her whims.

Tenma

Reputation score
I wonder if we should restrain ourselves from rising the girls affection too high too early.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
At least for now mechanically there's very little difference.
What do you mean?
If you reach 100% love and she doesn't, you can choose to not re-fight the enemy and you get a black screen with text talking about how you became the monster girl's slave. An after-story where you lost your freedom.

If you both reach 100% love then she joins you.

One allows you to get more girls, and one gives you a specific story for one girl.

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I wonder if we should restrain ourselves from rising the girls affection too high too early.
I asked kenkou and he said affection rate don't do much, but there might be a skill down the line that convert affection rate to power in battle

TheUnsaid

Reputation score

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Eh, if I have to look at the screen for 5 minutes while drooling in order to "properly" lose that kinda takes the edge off. I saw pretty sure I lost my first battle with the imp but sure enough she fucked herself to 100%. In fact, I later went in to intentionally throw, and by basically doing nothing the Imp still got herself to ~90% love which just shows how minimal your efforts have to be in order not to lose.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Eh, if I have to look at the screen for 5 minutes while drooling in order to "properly" lose that kinda takes the edge off. I saw pretty sure I lost my first battle with the imp but sure enough she fucked herself to 100%. In fact, I later went in to intentionally throw, and by basically doing nothing the Imp still got herself to ~90% love which just shows how minimal your efforts have to be in order not to lose.
Honestly?
Yeah. I think that's intentional.

He's not framing these encounters as battles. The entire game isn't about defeating the enemy in the best way you can I don't think.
It's more of a simulation game where your character fucks a bunch of girls in an interactive manner, takes them as his wife and then goes around adventuring and gathering more monster waifus.

You can tell that's the case since the increase in "Love" meter after cumming is so damn random. If you make her cum twice in a row and use tons of dialogue choices to get her love really high really early, the next time you cum your love will go up by like 20% or something which is ridiculous. Game's kinda cheating to make it a close encounter.

__

That being said, it's much easier to lose encounters after the first encounter. If you choose to have sex anywhere afterwards, the monstergirl will be stronger, and if you get to love first, she won't increase her own love by that much (though even if you lose after the first encounter it won't gameover.)

There's no tension anywhere because it's not that kind of game.

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
To revive this thread, KC has recently given an update:

• The game will be released incrementally as Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3 etc., as KC wants to include as many monster girls as possible
  • There are 3 members of the development team: KC himself (handles most art, the text, the battle system and other things); someone in charge of walking graphics, tile graphics and map design; and someone who handles programming
  • However, KC has a plan to give most of the text to someone who's written MGE stories, and would like to hire more staff if he had the money
  • 10% of the money from Patreon goes to paying staff, the other 90% is being saved up for the English translation
  • There's a preview of the werewolf, and it appears that you'll get a harem of werewolves in the game

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
She's no hellhound but she'll do.
MGERPG can't have fully dominant girls like hellhound. The characters have to be the half-and-half girls because of the way the game works.
90% is being saved up for the English translation
That translation full of errors, where Imp's text makes her sound like a 4 year old is taking that much money from him... He's being scammed.

labov

Reputation score
That translation full of errors, where Imp's text makes her sound like a 4 year old is taking that much money from him... He's being scammed.
Hey! That's not the translation. That's just you not appreciating the hand-crafted artisanal writing which caters to the tastest of "stressed out wapanese salarymen" (©Kenkou cross) on the underground. (REEEE)

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Hey! That's not the translation. That's just you not appreciating the hand-crafted artisanal writing which caters to the tastest of "stressed out wapanese salarymen" (©Kenkou cross) on the underground. (REEEE)
I feel like that's a reference to something I don't quite understand.

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
I feel like that's a reference to something I don't quite understand.

This is a mood for me so much, i think i'm just caught in a perpetual state of wondering where i heard something before and if it's a reference to the prior unknown thing, with tiny night lights of solace when i do catch them. ...and then it's usually form something completely different than i thought.