RPG RPG Maker [ くろごまソフト ] Dragon Hunter D RJ069169

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

Blog:

Mediafire link:

Credits to me, for once...

Description:
Waiting for Monster hunter portable 3rd, i bring you Dragon hunter D.
The gameplay is based on the Monster hunter series of games, and just for that it deserves a thread, but in an rpg maker enviroment.
Baiscally you go out of the main town to gather materials and fight monsters to make gear and complete quests, unlike the original monster hunters the fighting style is turn based, but presents some interestingfeatures that make it different than your average rpg maker turn based fights.
On top of this, the game has hentai contents, and for this it deserves another thread.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xcaliberium

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Dragon Hunter D

you sure the credit goes to you? I got mine from sizustar about 30 hours ago.

OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

you sure the credit goes to you? I got mine from sizustar about 30 hours ago.
The one sizustar gets credit for is the one sizustar uploads, the one i upload i get credit for, is that a problem for you?:cool:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The one sizustar gets credit for is the one sizustar uploads, the one i upload i get credit for, is that a problem for you?:cool:
Its a problem for him alright John. Why else would he be complaining. You need to set him up for anger management. He definitely needs the classes to keep him from lashing out by making an angry complaint.

On another note, thanks for the upload.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll just copy this from the thread I replied to sizu:

Things about Dragon Hunter D people might not realize:
First, you can play it like a traditional RPG and be weak, OR you can learn to COMBO!

You heard me, you can actually combo in this game! Just like Monster Hunter, certain moves can link into each other.
To start with, by hitting direction + A, you start doing these combo moves, which consumes stamina (unlike the basic attack), but since you can link them, it's useful for killing tougher enemies (when you're facing multiple monsters, your attacks will hit the next enemy if the first die during the combo).

This is the basic Sword and Shield's moves (other weapons are listed under the note page in-game):
(the -> means it link to those numbers)
(name are given by what I see in game, might not reflect actual properly of the attack)
1. Up + A: basic slash -> 2, 4, 5
2. Right + A: upward slash -> 3, 4, 5
3. Left + A: downward slash -> 4, 5
4. Left Right + A: spin slash sideway -> 5

5. Down + A: Guard (reduce all incoming damage until you do an attack)

So, it should be obvious by now that doing the full combo (and go into guard) will do a lot more damage and safer than simply doing the basic attack.

As for whether the combo attacks have power coefficient (like how in MH, Long Sword have 33% power on the first triangle attack, or Hammer have 100% on the golfswing), I haven't play enough to know .- .

But hey, this should allows some of you less headache on why you're barely winning some fights.
I give my salute to the creator for keeping spirit of MH and a bigass line differentiating between noobs and good players in here.

.- . Since Sword and Shield can do a full combo and go back to Guard, it's probably the most balanced weapon in the game.
Other weapons:
Lance have 3 hits only, but it have a Backstep (increase dodge) as well as Guard option.
Hammer have few attacks, but higher base power and chance to stun on certain hits.
Greatsword have you choose between going to guard stance or do one more attack in the combo.
Dual Swords have the longest combo and pretty easily the highest damage output, while I haven't used it yet I can imagine it being a massive Stamina drain though.

gmanprime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Don't tell me this is one those dreaded hentai games with...:eek:...GAMEPLAY. I just want to fap dammit.

P.S. Hi, new poster by the way.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And when the hell do you impute the combos? Because I cant do them no matter what I try.

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

And when the hell do you impute the combos? Because I cant do them no matter what I try.
While on the menu, just input the direction + A, don't select attack or anything else like that.

Ukarias

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alright, normally I wouldn't post, so first thanks for the link and such. Next, I'm confused as all... (Mainly due to my lack of ability to read Japanese.) So I have a quick question... How do I get everything rolling a little. Also, by "Hentai content" how much hentai is exactly in it? So far from what I've seen only her armor breaks revealing very little. So my second question is that + how to actually see the content. Thanks in advance...

Edit: I apologize, it seems I've asked a little too soon... (I've managed to figure out what to do, hehe.) So for now I return to my lurking.

Last edited:

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've actually managed to get kinda far in it already.

H-content wise, this is what I found and copy-pasted from Hongfire
1st Event is Blacksmith girl, Reach level 5, then go to the Blacksmith shop to find her missing, go to the Top forest, Go one map right and you'll find her being attacked by Slime, Lose that battle, and she'll get raped by the Slime. Win and come back later, lose agains the Slime and it's your chara that get raped.

There's another Monser Event with the Monster Hunter shop girl at Level 15.

you can do the prostitution thing starting at lv 10, with every guy in town, then the 2 girls you saved at 15 (after you save the monster hunter girl).
The Building to do Prostitution events is in the top left corner of town. If you try going there before lvl10, she won't go in.

On another note, doing prostitution nets you a decent amount of money(and items? I wasn't paying attention)though it changes your title and seems to give the townspeople a negative opinion of the main char.(The cat person in her house will even refuse to cook for you cause of it or something), I'm not sure what other negative effects it has.

And I'm not sure if it's just cause of the Greatsword I'm using, but I've had it stun at times(Up+A attack only though), and the Left+A attack on it seems to AoE

Edit:Nvm, it's the last regular Prostitution event(the gangbang) that causes your title to change, and causes the townspeople to look down on you

Last edited:

Ukarias

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I thank you for the reply. I was still curious as to the H-Content.

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

Thanks Kirshz, prostitution is always a win :D . DLing right now.

Is there an english patch for this?
If you didn't know about it already, there are softwares that can extrapolate the text of rpgmakers game (by detouring it or wathever) which translate it to a standard text format that can be then translated via web services.

The most commonly used is Translation Agregator (that comes with AGTH).

Using web based translators, it obviously results some engrish bullshit, but i guess it's enough for hentai game.

Note that there's a lot of TA/AGTH tutorials out there, not that you'd need it... (altough i recommend checking it out for using atlas, which is a proffessional level translation software that works with TA).

Should defeinately try it.

And if you already knew about it... Come on dude ! I just wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this shit :( (anyway i'm pooping, not that i had that much more to do...).

varavam

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

this game needs jap settings??? :mad:

Thatoneguy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you didn't know about it already, there are softwares that can extrapolate the text of rpgmakers game (by detouring it or wathever) which translate it to a standard text format that can be then translated via web services.

The most commonly used is Translation Agregator (that comes with AGTH).

Using web based translators, it obviously results some engrish bullshit, but i guess it's enough for hentai game.

Note that there's a lot of TA/AGTH tutorials out there, not that you'd need it... (altough i recommend checking it out for using atlas, which is a proffessional level translation software that works with TA).

Should defeinately try it.

And if you already knew about it... Come on dude ! I just wasted 5 minutes of my life typing this shit :( (anyway i'm pooping, not that i had that much more to do...).
Seing as how im kinda new to the RPG-maker line, I did not know, So your five minutes weren't wasted. Thank you.
Have some rep

Last edited:

This_Is_My_Curse

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So yeah, I'm one of the people who doesnt know how to do all of the translation stuff so I'm pretty much running blind in this game, just curious, how do you level up?

MU Mist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

pw: Mist

Last edited:

varavam

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

MMM OK IT DON'T NEED jap sett but i can't level up :(:(

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

MMM OK IT DON'T NEED jap sett but i can't level up :(:(
The Leveling system is a bit different in this game, you only get exp from completing quests, yes it got me confused for a while too.@@

If anyone is stuck with the 1st quest, you're supposed to gather materials to make a weapon at the blacksmith girl, then the lady at the quest counter will give you the 1st set of quests. Do note that once you pick up a quest you're supposed to take the exit to the left of the quest clerk, instead of going back outside of town.

The Blacksmith girl will be the one to make weps for you. The cat npc standing next to her allows you to make armor.

To gather materials just press Z in an area that allows you to do so. Large Cracks in walls for Ore(requires pick axe), Large flower things for...plants? and vegetables(Used for cooking at the cat npc in main char's home, I haven't tested what the food actually does though, probaly heals stamina/sp), small tiles of orange mushrooms for mushrooms and the flying blue butterfly gives random bugs and...nectar?(I'm not sure. I didn't even bother translating what it was. and requires Bug-Catching Net)

1st Quest Set(Hunting Grounds)
Note:There is always a blue chest by your starting point, it gives you free supplies(5 potions and 5 pieces of meat, and some other stuff I don't know) to use during that quest and that quest only, once you finish the quest you don't take them back with you so take advantage of them.

1.Collect Mushrooms: Self-explanatory, just go to the field tiles that have mushrooms on them then press the Z button to gather from them.I don't know how many you're supposed to get but when you think you have enough, you go back to the starting point then go to the Red Chest to turn-in. The quest doesn't give much exp or money, it's considered a "newbie" quest for the area.

2.Defeat Giant Blue Dinosaur(Too lazy to use programs to translate the actual name, well that and I never played Monster Hunter so I don't know their original names):Self-Explanatory. Is found in area 4. The Monster in question can be found north of the starting area. Just climb up the rope and you'll see a monster with a different sprite(a small green dragon) near the cave entrance, just defeat it and the reward is yours.

3.Defeat Giant Horned Bull thing:Found in area 2, just go east of starting point, appears as a giant wolf sprite on the field.

4.Defeat Giant Red Bird:Found in Area 6. Go north from area 4 or go left from the starting point then keep on going up until you get there. Appears as a giant dragon on the field.Can use sleep status effect on you(? Don't remember.)

The rest of the quests are kind of self-explanatory from there. Generally just kill giant monster here or there.Excluding the 1st quest for desert area(find cactus flower) and the first two for snow area(gather ice for the former, place flag at the top of the mountain for the other)