What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ くろごまソフト ] Dragon Hunter D RJ069169

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Dragon Hunter D

You could try looking at the beginning of the thread or something... though I can't get number 4 to go off, holding both down doesn't seem to work.

Suppose it's nice that the creator kept the spirit of the original game, but it's difficult to pull off combos without some sort of indicator to let you know when it's time to input the next command.

Anyways, thank's for the re-up Ace.
Still doesnt say when you need to press combos..... ive equiped sword and shield and tried all kind of shit and so far didnt manage to pull of a single combo...

If some1 could tell me at what point you need to press combos and how fast you need to be it would help alot.

Thatoneguy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So umm.... Im lvl 9 and I am almost positive i've done everything I can...

There is one 2nd teir quest that Im a bit iffy on, (The one with bosses in every room basically)

My question is on the quests that don't auto teliport you back, Is it correct to go back to the red chest and finish it?

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My question is on the quests that don't auto teliport you back, Is it correct to go back to the red chest and finish it?
This game is pretty much a parody of Monster Hunter in general, collection quests required you to collect the items needed then bringing them back to the Red Chest to complete them, if that's what you mean.

Hunting Quests would auto-teleport you back once you kill the mobs required/ the big target monster in question.

Rauru6

Reputation score

Could anyone upload a link for the game? All of them are broken T_T

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Still doesnt say when you need to press combos..... ive equiped sword and shield and tried all kind of shit and so far didnt manage to pull of a single combo...

If some1 could tell me at what point you need to press combos and how fast you need to be it would help alot.
Actually you don't need to press the X button,but rather the A button to pull of combos(well at least for me the X button does not start combos,but A button does...you press it instead of the attack button when you're on a attack,item use,run away screen,but have to first hold the directional button first and then press an A button...

As for when to press it well you first need to hold the direction button that you will use dependant on the type of attack...if you want additional attacks you need to use a specific combination...For example after you use up + A button you can add right + A attack,and after that left + A,and after that finally down + A which is basically a guard or a temporary power up or evade up which is again dependant on the type of weapon used...
Note that you can't use left + A attack after up + A attack...it has to be done in that specific order for some reason(well at least it holds true for dual swords...i only tried the comboes with the basic knife that you get at the begining before i switched to dual swords)...

Now when doing a first combo attack you will have to input a next combo attack only after you have heard a clang of a weapon(basically when your weapon hits the target)...It requires a bit of practice,but it works reasonably well and you'll use combo attacks instead of the basic attack all the time anyway...
Also note that different weapons have different combo attacks...For example Dual-swords make you have double strikes on all your attacks,so i score a max of six hits instead of a 3 standard ones for all other weapons(so that's my weapon of choice,even if it does not have an added bonus to defence that most of other weapons do).

I hope that this explanation is helpfull...if you have any other questions ask away...

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Also note that different weapons have different combo attacks...For example Dual-swords make you have double strikes on all your attacks,so i score a max of six hits instead of a 3 standard ones for all other weapons(so that's my weapon of choice,even if it does not have an added bonus to defence that most of other weapons do).

I hope that this explanation is helpfull...if you have any other questions ask away...
Dual Sword actually can do more than that, after you do the damage buff move there's a window for you to use the flurry strike which does quite a lot of damage, but only usable after you use the damage buff with some small window of input

Hammer is another weapon without defensive move, instead most of its attacks have a chance to stun the enemy, which can make boss a joke if you're lucky with stun proc

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Dual Sword actually can do more than that, after you do the damage buff move there's a window for you to use the flurry strike which does quite a lot of damage, but only usable after you use the damage buff with some small window of input

Hammer is another weapon without defensive move, instead most of its attacks have a chance to stun the enemy, which can make boss a joke if you're lucky with stun proc
Yeah,good that you mentioned that...I knew that hammer had some kind of stun effect,but i did not try them myself...I prefer firepower instead of stunning so that's why i went for the dual swords...

Also yeah dual swords have a flurry attack...It's called Ogre charge(or Ogre Rush...depends on how you read it and in what context you take it)...I don't use it though as it's tricky to pull off and even the basic attacks are enough for just about anything...

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm surprised that we still have someone reporting this game, anyways I'll get this up as attachments again. Since JohnDoe is gone, perhaps one of the moderators could integrate my post with the starting post.

You don't need HJSplit this time, just extract them.

Attachments

Rystel

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

All the combos for all the weapons are in a guide accessible from the menu.

Basically after every directional attack you can only follow with some specific attacks (or stances), wich are indicated by the numbers next to the attack name.

It took me a while to figure it out, but after it the game is pretty easy. That, or you can just cheap your way to victory by spamming around the overpowered explosive barrels :D.

Caneme

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

a torrent,or mega,or whatever,whenever

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do you guys have problems using the attachments?

Metal Slime

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you guys have problems using the attachments?
The attachments you posted gives a Compressed (zipped) Folders Error when trying to open them.

Edit: Tried to unzip them just now and I get a CRC fail on the rgss2a file.

The rgss2a file is coming up as 33mb. Not sure if that is the file size it was suppose to be or if its due to the error. Also I added the RGSS200J from the attachments to see if the game would world. Got an error before it started up so I'm assuming it is due to the incomplete rgss2a.

Last edited:

AceofWind

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The attachments you posted gives a Compressed (zipped) Folders Error when trying to open them.

Edit: Tried to unzip them just now and I get a CRC fail on the rgss2a file.
Just tested the attachments, I'm not having any issues with it.