What's new

ACT [kyrieru] Eroico RE115470 RJ115470

Bunnyav

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Eroico -Develouped by kyrieru-

Played on easy; my first death was dealing with slime girls in the second area. I hadn't recalled the instructions for the dash attack though. I think the post rape break invicibility needs to be longer, I can't tell you how often one hit became two or three from getting up.

I experienced two bugs.

1. In the area where spinning logs first show up; right after using the dash blocks in the lower right corner, the slime girl near the moving grey platform hit me, raped me, and we both slowly sank through the floor closer to the enemies below. I stopped the rape before seeing if I would have gone throgh the non-jump down floors.

2. In a verticle shaft after encountering the first plant girl, I attacked an enemy as I stood on the edge of a ledge. A second version of me fell off the ledge, then moved in synch with my inputs. After jumping upwards so the double went off the screen the game just went ballastic, showing the background with no terrain and the Tree boss stage 1 root attack animation over and over.

It's nice to see a male protagonist in RoR games. They are rarer and you get more "girl variety" in your H animations. Would be nice if the guy got some benefit like an mp refill from the free sex he was getting. The GO CGi for the catgirl is fantastic!

EggsnBacon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I don't see what the problem is...

In my opinion a Male protagonist has as much potential (maybe even more!) as a female protagonist.

You know why?

Because 1 Male Vs. Countless varying Females

Vs.

1 Female Vs. Countless varying Males

I rather see more hot women than men having sex.

Female Protagonist = "That male soldier is raping the girl! Oh now it's a male knight! Oh now it's a male robot! Oh now it's a male-"

Male Protagonist = "LOOK AT THAT SEXY CAT GIRL RAPING ME! OH NOW IT'S A SEXY SLIME GIRL! OH NOW IT'S A SEXY WITCH! NOW IT'S A FAIRY! NOW IT'S A SEXY-"

I rest my case.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I don't see what the problem is...

In my opinion a Male protagonist has as much potential (maybe even more!) as a female protagonist.

You know why?

Because 1 Male Vs. Countless varying Females

Vs.

1 Female Vs. Countless varying Males

I rather see more hot women than men having sex.
It's a fair case to make. But I don't like seeing males at all (I know, personal preference, just saying). But with a female protagonist, you have yuri and monster, plus more 'indrect' options, like various H-themed traps.

Not saying the male protagonist approach is bad. It's something that some people will like, and some people will not. As I've made fairly evident, I'm not much of a fan of it. But you know what? I'll probably continue to follow Kyrieru's game, and ultimately play it with adult content turned off, because his game mechanics are good enough to make me take an H-game with content I'm not a big fan of, turn that content off, and then play the game anyway.

That's right, Kyrieru. You just keep doing what you're doing, because your games are so solid that I think people will want to play them even if they don't like some of the content. Or at least they should be wanting to.

Last edited:

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I personally prefer pure yuri over anything but having a male protag is a nice change of pace every once in a while. Even if you don't like the h-scenes the gameplays nice enough to play through it as a normal platformer.

My opinion on the game so far.

It needs a little balancing and a lot more checkpoints at the beginning. Forcing someone to survive through like 6 screens of shit at the very start is a horrible way to start a game. It's like saying "Here's the game, if you can't master it right away then your fucking screwed!". Be a little more lenient with the checkpoints at the beginning of the game so people can get the hang of it while still being able to progress. Having to play from the start every time until you basically master the controls is complete bullshit and turns what could be a great game into a steaming pile of rage inducing shit. I honestly haven't tried the newer easier version yet since after about 3 hours of seeing the first screen I finally got to the first checkpoint (After the first checkpoint it gets a lot easier at least for me.).

P.S. Kyreiru: It might be super easy for you because you designed the game yourself. You know all the secrets, how everything works, and how to exploit virtually everything you put into the game, so it's gonna be a lot easier for you than the everyday gamer.

Edit: I'll play the easier demo later and go into depth with everything I like and am annoyed about the game as it is right now.

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I must say, I like this. It looks good, sounds good, and it definitely gives me that SNES feel.

I like the male protagonist. Not as much as a female, but this doesn't bother me. It depends on how you approach it.

It's tough to get used to and of course the checkpoints would be a plus.

I love the design of the enemies and the animations are what's expected from you, excellent.

Hopefully the enemies start to differ in positions, he seems to be getting mounted an awful lot, provided it being in development.

Maybe a blowjob or titfuck here and there.

I like the cgs and wish you luck on this, I'm pretty excited about this, thanks for sharing your demonstration.

I hope at some point there is a monster which excites the hero, manipulating him into raping the said monster. That'd be cool, just to see a bit of male dominance.

I wonder if the "passers" are really passing it up, or playing it as we speak.

Cole

Lurker
Reputation score

Really liking the game. It plays well and I appreciate how it's more than a "move right and keep attacking to win" kind of game.

Controls are pretty good although I'd give magic its own hotkey. The H-content is pretty good, but I'm confused--what do the red and blue bars do?

I personally love the male protag. There are simply not enough male-lead games these days and, like some others have said, I enjoy being able to see lots of different girls instead of the opposite.

Haven't played the second version, but got a little farther than the first fairies in my first playthrough, and a bit farther since. It's a bit unforgiving, but I enjoy the challenge. It also seems like it'd be a blast to speedrun--its got good momentum.

All in all, it's pretty awesome. Nice work Kyrieru! =)

Lumarin

Lurker
Reputation score

I had no idea that my comment on Kyrieru's blog was posted in here as well(The cheat save), I haven't lurked as much as I usually do, been doing stuff...

Anyways, looking forwards to more from you Kyrieru! Thanks for all the hard work!

Also, I'm one of the few who prefers a male protagonist, simply because the female protagonist has been done to *death* in recent times; We're finally seeing some branching out in possibilities with MGQ, Violated Hero, etc, and it's fantastic!

Of course, I enjoy both, but new and interesting things is always better than the dusty old formulaic RPGMaker game #90000000000000000000 where the dumb bitch gets fucked by orcs, tentacles, etc. Yeah, it's fine and all, but I've already played something like four hundred of these games at this point(case in point, I have TWO DIFFERENT little red riding hood games made in RPGMaker using almost exactly the same mechanics by two different studios). It's why I enjoy some specific games including Kyrieru's work so much.

Good platforming H games were exceedingly hard to find, in addition to a few other genres. Fighting games, RPGs, and Text-scrolling adventures were pretty much all that was out there until something like three to four years ago.

TL;DR: I went on a rant-spree of (minor)ranting proportions, my apologies and thanks to Kyrieru for making these great games.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

Known glitches:
- The options aren't fully implemented yet.
- The blue crystal things are wonky.
- Apparently Rocks are capable of feeling love.
- A bunch of graphical stuff.
- Apparently Rocks are capable of feeling love.
This made me rofl so hard, and I imagined a million different scenarios in my head for like 30 minutes..

This isn't a glitch, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE.

I love my rock and IT loves me too. XD

Aside from that, AMAZING game, I knew oneshyota couldn't be the ONLY good male-protagonist RoR game out there.. This dev is really getting on my good side for this..

The game isn't hard, so much as it is hard to figure out.. I didn't look at the first post for controls because I wanted to figure it out myself, but all I could manage doing was dodging, slashing, and jumping.. It was only until I watched the demo that I realized you can CONTROL where your character charges when you tough the blue boxes, and that I noticed all those fancy moves you can do like shooting projectiles, rushing, slashing down, and what-not.

I've only seen the hentai content for the first two enemies, which is nice, but I REALLY want to see some diversity.. Handjobs, blowjobs, maybe some thigh-sandwiching, you know, the classics.

This game may earn it's place at the top of my list (Or damn close) when it gets completed.. I've got high hopes for this, at least assuming the dev doesn't flake out.. Up until now I had assumed he vanished and retired after his first masterpiece, not sure if he's here to stay or if this glimpse of progress was a fluke..

Here's hoping!

One last thing, apparently there's a small debate on female protagonist vs male protagonist..

The way I see it, most people subconsciously put themselves inside of the hentai game they play..

Those who play with a female protagonist get her raped, usually imagining themselves as the raper,
unless it's something really ugly, then they just get off on simply watching her get violated..
(Still, usually imagining at least the dick of the raper is his)

For a guy like me, I LOVE male protagonists because of the simplicity of the matter..

There's a 100% chance that what EVER is going to rape the male character, WILL be very attractive..
No wierd monsters, tentacles, just good ol' fashioned, classic tits, pussy, and legs.

And for me, whom likes to imagine himself as the MALE, being subdued by the FEMALE, that's a very
wonderful prospect..

Think of it this way..

Wouldn't you rather be jumped by a horny female and raped,
than violently pin one down yourself, and rape HER?..

Maybe it's a moral thing, maybe it's an instinctive thing, but I myself simply get off way more to
the protagonist being male, and I honestly find it odd that not a lot of other people do..

Last edited:

Unnatural Kiwi

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Considering I play most H games for completing it rather than the H content, I'm fine with male or female MC. Risk vs. Reward sort of thing...you lose, you get raped.

At any rate, looking forward to its completion.

Last edited:

Jeszael

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

For a guy like me, I LOVE male protagonists because of the simplicity of the matter..

There's a 100% chance that what EVER is going to rape the male character, WILL be very attractive..
No wierd monsters, tentacles, just good ol' fashioned, classic tits, pussy, and legs.

And for me, whom likes to imagine himself as the MALE, being subdued by the FEMALE, that's a very
wonderful prospect..

Think of it this way..

Maybe it's a moral thing, maybe it's an instinctive thing, but I myself simply get off way more to
the protagonist being male, and I honestly find it odd that not a lot of other people do..
I am quite happy I never managed to put my words into text regarding the male versus female aspect, because you did it for me. Kudos :)

The choice of a male protagonist will probably be the reason why I will buy this game and why I didn't get Kurovadis. As previously mentioned, I do not think Eroico is too hard, there is a small learning curve at the beginning and it does not get much harder until the boss. I like the fact that it really feels like a SNES/Genesis game, really looking forward to this one.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One last thing, apparently there's a small debate on female protagonist vs male protagonist..

The way I see it, most people subconsciously put themselves inside of the hentai game they play..

Those who play with a female protagonist get her raped, usually imagining themselves as the raper,
unless it's something really ugly, then they just get off on simply watching her get violated..

wonderful prospect..

Think of it this way..

I think it is the other way round, in a female based ror you take on the role of the female...as such you can surrender yourself to lust at any time... but it's struggling until the end that really brings out the best of the genre, letting the player experience being backed into a corner and controlling a character getting driven to the height of ecstasy...

i think it borrows from the thrill we get from playing weak characters in horror games, resident evil, silent hill...

in short it feels good to give in... and while it loses nothing from using a male protagonist per se, a lot of us see women as more vulnerable.

p.s - i always imagine myself in the characters shoes and wish id been born as a woman, and have never been able to experience domination as a male... i just can't give in :/

Zikare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, it's interesting how completely different another's perspective can be.

What arouses me is simply seeing a female character receive pleasure. Bonus points if it's somehow 'wrong' - eg. from another woman or inflicted by the wrong species. At no point do I imagine me or even just my dick as the assailant.

This has blown my mind and I think I can even understand now how some people might not like, for example, lesbian scenes! :D

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

i for one just think that a male would not fight women who want to have sex with him... normally a character would just fuck her and say "thank you, now i feel great!" ... if he's not mentally underdeveloped, overly religious, married (lol) or a child and that's not like a hero.
so there is much more tension in playing a game with a "weak" female heroine, who just wants to fight evil while avoiding those perverts craving to take her, because her heroine suit is just so damn sexy.

Last edited:

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I guess if you add a Princess that he is trying to save to it then it might make a little more scents why he doesn't want to with the monster girls. mushy mushy true love only for his princess story think that would sell it. of course its a nice game with out it, we already knew you could make a awesome game.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'll add that various titles of the genre (monster girl quest, 犯され勇者, shota fighter ...etc) are quite successful, so no pressure
Never heard of "Shota Fighter", do you got a link for that?

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

no you can't have a link cause it has a Shota in it. male version of a Loli

RoadBuster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think it is the other way round, in a female based ror you take on the role of the female...as such you can surrender yourself to lust at any time... but it's struggling until the end that really brings out the best of the genre, letting the player experience being backed into a corner and controlling a character getting driven to the height of ecstasy...
This matches my sentiments pretty well.

In any case, I would have preferred a female MC, but that doesn't stop this game from already being amazing. I'll drop my cash for it without hesitation.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This matches my sentiments pretty well.

In any case, I would have preferred a female MC, but that doesn't stop this game from already being amazing. I'll drop my cash for it without hesitation.
I have no preference over male or female MC, just how it's done. If the MC is male, I want variety of the females and scenes (some vanilla, some rape, some reverse rape, always a harem). If MC is female, some clothes destruction, different outfits, and a even wider variety of scenes since it's most likely going to focus only on her.

The only time I ever put myself in the shoes of the MC is if it enriches the story. If the story's MC has an identity, there's no point in putting yourself in his/her shoes.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

The game is awesome!I just tried it,and i must say that i'm impressed.
Kyrieru,you're a god!