What's new

ACT [Kyrieru] Kurovadis (RE093841)

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Kurovadis (OUT NOW! BUY IT)

Ha, I opened that page and it showed 473 downloads, then I refreshed and it showed 475 already! I hope this means big money for Kyrieru, he got my 5 bucks too.

(I am looking at the correct download counter above the picture, right?)

LemonEater

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wooooaaaah 445 sales ALREADY.

With just us he's made atleast 500 (Him saying he can make the game fulltime) Off the day one on dl site he's made 445 downloads. I'm glad you're making it Kyrieru! ^^

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

He is top 1 on dlsite, very nice beginn, .
I see the promotional screenshot is censored on the dlsite. Is the game actually censored, or just that pic? Or, is the dlsite version censored to conform with Japanese censorship laws?

Any idea how he did the Japanese description? Looks polished. :)

Floating Penis

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I see the promotional screenshot is censored on the dlsite. Is the game actually censored, or just that pic? Or, is the dlsite version censored to conform with Japanese censorship laws?

Any idea how he did the Japanese description? Looks polished. :)
The DLsite version is censored, if you buy it on his blog(link is on the first page) you get an uncensored version. It's also $5 instead of ~$10, and he only gets $5 per sale on DLsite anyway, so just buy it on his blog unless you really really like DLsite or something.

PerBert

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm only speaking in his mindset. I'm personally against the distribution of the links, but for me to remove the link would be a unfair for two reasons. First, there are people looking to find the free version. Normally this wouldn't suffice, but Kyrieu has also said he does not mind the distribution, though it hurts his sales. This would mean that if I were to remove them because I felt it was unfair to him, then I would only be satisfying my own opinion and anybody who shares it, while those who wanted a free version would be left out. In other words, I'd be acting alone if I were to delete the links on behalf of Kyrieu.

Am I indirectly advocating the piracy of his game? Somewhat, yes. But in the words of the creator, it'd be hypocritical of me to remove it on grounds of piracy. Imagine if I were to delete the links in the RPG Maker thread because every link there was essentially a pirated version of a purchasable game. Nobody would support my decision. Who would listen to me if I were to tell them to just go buy the game instead?

Does your opinion matter to some people? Sure. It made me double check whether my decision was correct. Does it matter to Coolguy? Not really. You aren't going to use the link. Does it matter to the people who are looking for a free link? Probably not, or they wouldn't be looking in the first place. Of course, you could always be that one post that convinces people to not pirate it, and hats off to you if it is, but it still doesn't mean that everybody is going to listen. There'll be people who want the free version, and if Kyrieu is alright with it, then I'm not going to deny those people what they want. Now if he were to NOT be okay with it, you'd better believe I'd delete the shit out of any link I find.

But yeah, get back on topic, etc.
It is not a problem for me, I just wanted to speak my mind, remember the pros of buying the game and kindly ask coolguy to reconsider his post.
I'm not going to rave about piracy and theft because I would feel really ridiculous.
I've read Kyrieru's post before "delurking" and I'm perfectly fine with your decision.
Thanks for your reply.

By the way, from what I read, Kyrieru "low-price and no piracy ranting" policy seems to pay off... maybe someone out there should really begin laying off their "Marketing and IP promotion Dept." (yes EA, yes UbiSoft... I'm looking at you! :D )

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

For those wondering about the DLsite version,

The tough part about DLsite is that I don't directly manage the file that is downloaded. I have to do everything through Curious Factory.

For instance, when I uploaded the game to them in the first place, it was V4, but now the game is at V5, and there's no way to get the new version up without a long delay. I'm going to make sure to do a lot more testing next time in order to prevent this issue, as well as provide a link for updated versions in the text file that comes with the game. (which I would have done this time if I were smart)

As for censoring products, you have to censor it yourself before uploading it. I wrote the description in English, and it looks like they translated it.

T

Trooper38

bought n payed for legit at darkfires request back to lerking.

shadowthief

Lurker
Reputation score

I tried buying the game for the sixth time...all I get when I click the buy button is:
Overture Interactive

Error Detected

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

...anyone knows how to fix this...it's mighty anoying

edit: ok found out how to buypass this just have to be already logged in to paypall I guess..

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Tried the game again and after figuring out the controls I have to say that I like it quite a bit more than the previous attempt. The platforming does get pretty frustrating though...especially at the parts where the skeletons are lobbing bones at you as you're trying to wall jump up to the next area.

As for the whole problem with dlsite vs buying from his blog...I would say if you have the extra 5 bucks to spare, buy it from dlsite. The numbers that he gets from there will earn him more recognition and more money in the long run than buying from his blog. I'll be buying from dlsite this weekend presuming it doesn't bug out on me again like it did last time I bought from there.

ssringo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Tried the game again and after figuring out the controls I have to say that I like it quite a bit more than the previous attempt. The platforming does get pretty frustrating though...especially at the parts where the skeletons are lobbing bones at you as you're trying to wall jump up to the next area.
I'm at that part and thanks to a combination of my old controller (d pad is slippery) and the up key being the roll ability (I honestly don't think the Up direction should ever be for anything other than aiming a weapon in that direction, there's plenty of keys to use without resorting to direction keys), I keep dying there from darting all over the place. Royally pissing me off. The handful of times I manage to get up top I wind up dying to the pink enemy that darts around because I only have 5 hp left.

Thinking about starting over on weenie difficulty since the platforming is trying my patience far more than enemies are anyways. That way I can just blaze through the enemies after scraping through the platforming dangers.

That aside, it's a great game. Really digging the music as well.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

. -. I actually like how up is the roll, so I can actually hit X to wall jump and up at the same time for longer distance.

The speed difference between roll jump and a normal wall jump is...quite noticable.

DickButtowsky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

. -. I actually like how up is the roll, so I can actually hit X to wall jump and up at the same time for longer distance.

The speed difference between roll jump and a normal wall jump is...quite noticable.
The roll is hella awesome, you can actually roll constantly and get to really fast speeds if you alternate between up and down well.

I call it, The Catpounce.

Made me think of the speedrun potential this game has.

Last edited:

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

The roll is hella awesome, you can actually roll constantly and get to really fast speeds if you alternate between up and down well.

I call it, The Catpounce.

Made me think of the speedrun potential this game has.
Now imagine when you get the damage roll, too bad it's not invincible ' 3' otherwise the game would indeed be ezmode with catpouncing everywhere and killing things just by (t)rolling around.

BunnyBunnyBun

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Could someone maybe make a list of all the different enemies that give gameover CGs? I thought I saw them all, but the image up on dlsite shows her BJing someone and I never saw that one. Wondering how many other things I missed during my playthrough.

shiverman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay... so for the cheaters out there is a heads up. If you set everything in the save file to 1 in the column portion where there are zeroes then get the roll ability you unlock most of the supers. I still haven't figured out how to modify your life from the save file, but for those who would like to cheat here is save file with all of the special weapons.

Attachments

scira

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there any reason to take Con over Def? you get i believe 5 hp per con but it seems like each point of Def reduces damage by more than that.

shiverman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just a few more hit points I suppose? But yeah Def is NICE!

Drakon

Reputation score

There is no reason I found to take CON over DEF, as 'environment' damage scales with HP (+ max HP means spikes do more damage), and defense negates 2 or so damage per hit from enemies per point.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there any reason to take Con over Def? you get i believe 5 hp per con but it seems like each point of Def reduces damage by more than that.
Well, once you reach about 25 defense I think, nothing in the game will hit you for more than 1 damage .- .so at that point adding more Def is just pointless.

So if you want to last longer at that point, more CON.

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

CON is by far the worst stat(And by worst, I mean never, ever spend points in it. It is absolutely awful).

CRG is amazing, and at the beginning(until about 6 points) is the best stat in the game. More of it is good, but I thought 6 gave me the right level to dodge enemy attacks, and then come around for a hit, making a good pattern(I believe 8-9 would be better for the tentacle-lock things in the final area, because you'd be able to get in 3 hits before it attacks you instead of 2 and a half/3 quarter charge).

Personally, I went 1 ATK 1 CRG for two levels, then 2 DEF for the next level(etc.). Once I reached 6 CRG, I spent my levels on ATK/DEF equally until the end of the game.

I beat the last boss with 13 ATK, 13 DEF, 1 CON, and 6 CRG at level 16(iirc), with ~40 life remaining.

If Kyrieru makes a safe-for-work version, I would certainly put in the time to speedrun the game and put up a video for everyone.