What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

My vote goes towards intro posts -- we've got the PDF if we need something right away, and this doesn't sound like we're going to need to remember saving rolls etc. (Besides, ever since you mentioned that some might even wind up like chapters in a book, of course I'm hooked and wanting to read more. ;P)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey Pheonix, is Rashar supposed to have 'male or female' in his gender section? X3

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ummmmm..... Sure, why not? He can be both at the same time! (I'll fix it in a little)

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Haha, alrighty. I've started to write them out as notes on my phone, I'll wait till I have a few of them done before posting them. Some will have to wait on the outcomes of others though. As for stuff you need to remember, I plan on having everyone keep track of blood and health levels, and I'll watch anything else.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

I hope that my character is okay....

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks good to me, though I'll have to ask a couple things before I can write up a start. I'm trying to do them in order of appearance as much as I can, so it might take a bit anyways. Speaking of which, hey Phoenix, would your character walk places, or is he afraid to get stuch out at night?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Better to walk places than have 'them' trap him on a bus where he can't run away.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

That... Is a very good point. I am made painfully aware that I am not nearly paranoid enough if such a simple and obvious trap as stepping onto a bus has gone without my notice for so long. XD

In other words, thankie.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alrighty, I have Eve, Isabella, and Rashar up, Jonas has to wait a tad, Jaylene and Ronell I'm thinking to put both in the same thread, but probably won't, and I have nothing for Rosemary yet. Did I miss anyone?

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

It's Rosary, not Rosemary.... >_> Unless of course it's someone else's character at which point I'd probably have to change my person's name so as to not sound so similiar.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I really don't have any preference at all after reading about them, but the ones he seemed to fit with best to me are Gangrel or Nossie. Oddly I could see him as a somewhat sane Malkavian, or even weirder a Toreador since he's sort of addicted to watching people he thinks are interesting. Which sort of fits them. What ever you decide works for me though.

Also yeah start with the intros and move to the other stuff when you get the chance. You may want to explain how to keep track of blood and health levels though if we're keeping track of those. Other than that we don't really need much info to start.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Whoops, that's what I get for not reading my own notes, sorry. :/

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

alright, double post, but i'm the ST, so i dont care :p

Couple questions for you Keylo, as I'm kinda reluctant to have Luna in here, as much fun as I think it would be.

1)Was this streak of murders in Canada, or the States?

2)Where did she get her weapons? A revolver wouldn't be too hard if it was a simple one, but an actual functional Katana? Funnily enough, you can buy an actual hand-forged Katana in Red Deer itself (I know, I did ^^ ) but it wouldn't hold up to the punishment you plan on using it for. If they came from the States, what was your plan for getting them across the border?

3)The Luna I know would pretty much go on a giggling Killing spree if she was Embraced and found out about Vampires, do you have a train of thought that goes somewhere else with that? They all are cursed-by-god bloodsucking creatures of the night, after all...

Other than all that, I think she would be much better suited to the Sabbat, but I can fit her into the Cam alright, I think. This was one of the reasons I was hoping for enough interest to run both sides of this conflict, tere are some characters better suited to one or the other.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

One Question... would you not suggest being a guy if you don't want gay stuff :3

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

alright, double post, but i'm the ST, so i dont care :p

Couple questions for you Keylo, as I'm kinda reluctant to have Luna in here, as much fun as I think it would be.

1)Was this streak of murders in Canada, or the States?

2)Where did she get her weapons? A revolver wouldn't be too hard if it was a simple one, but an actual functional Katana? Funnily enough, you can buy an actual hand-forged Katana in Red Deer itself (I know, I did ^^ ) but it wouldn't hold up to the punishment you plan on using it for. If they came from the States, what was your plan for getting them across the border?

3)The Luna I know would pretty much go on a giggling Killing spree if she was Embraced and found out about Vampires, do you have a train of thought that goes somewhere else with that? They all are cursed-by-god bloodsucking creatures of the night, after all...

Other than all that, I think she would be much better suited to the Sabbat, but I can fit her into the Cam alright, I think. This was one of the reasons I was hoping for enough interest to run both sides of this conflict, tere are some characters better suited to one or the other.
1) Most likely the States, which would tie into why she's in Canada now. An organization is strongest in its country of origin, even if it had power in Canada, it would be less than that of its power in the States.

2) Although I make it sound like she's completely independent, she does have her supporters in the shadows. In her departure from the states, her supporters took care of supplying her the equipment from the start, as well as smuggling her into Canada along with setting up a place of residency and etc. (If you've ever read "Until Death do we Part", the organization supporting the blind swordsman and others would be a good parallel.)

3) As I said, slightly modified. Yes, I do have a chain of thought to lead Luna away fro going slaughter happy on vampires, although I can't say the same about any organization hunting after her if she receives "pseudo-immortality"...

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Your character's sexual orientation is up to you, but I can tell you right now, it won't come into play, 'physically' very often, and as hard as it is for me to empathize with men enough to actually play a realistic one emotionally, I don't think I can make a convincing gay NPC for you. This isn't going to be a very sexual game, but if your just thinking of an odd twist to add some flavour to your character, by all means, go for it :)

Edit for da ninja Keylo:
Hmm, this organization intrigues me... Do they supply her with targets as well? What's their motive? How did they find her? Also, I wouldn't mind hearing a bit about your planned motivation for her, so I don't mess it up too badly with the plans forming in my mind. Maybe via PM, if you don't want it too terribly public?

Last edited:

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

<.< I was asking cause I'm not gay XD

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, I must have miscounted the negatives in your post then. In that case, don't worry about it, for pretty much the reasons above.

Also, hey Keylo, I edited in a response to my post above this one, in case you had read it while I was adding it in ;)

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alrighty, Wallpaper, the bar Jaylene works at is called the Toad and Turtle, it's a pub and grill on the south end of Red Deer, and apparently has some of the best food in town. Sound good?

Also, feel free to post in your character's prologue everyone, these are your intros after all ;) if you've been holding back because you feel I did something wrong, lemme know, I'll fix it, 'kay? :)