What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Thinking about maybe making a character. Just wanting to point out, Chibi's character... is 4 foot 3 inches tall. I'm thinking that's a typo, or it's pedobait....
exactly.

my game character had a thing where she could only drink from criminals, and used her size to do it. she's perfectly proportioned too <3

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

And having heard this chatting to Chibs earlier, I thought it was such a good idea that I plan on incorporating it into the next character I make for the live game I play in. And can you imagine if she actually rose to a position of power. Everyone 'yes mam'ing and 'right away, mam'ing this four foot something girl, makes me giggle just thinking of it XD

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

*shudders* Reminds me of Nikolaos from 'Guilty Pleasures.'

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Haha, her character actually reminds me of the female Malkavian character from Bloodlines, makes me giggle :)

I have a pretty good idea for nearly everyone's intro stories now, I'm just waiting on Ryu to finish, Ronny and Tsuki to possibly make characters, and the actual time on a real keyboard to write out that many threads :/

Other than that, Wallpaper and Chibs have me slightly stuck on how to introduce them cleanly, could I bother you two for maybe a 'day in the life of' segment, or something of the sort?

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'll do my best! Should we just include them in the 'background' section?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

day in the life... sure.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I edited Jaylene's sheet. XD I'm sorry that she's so... blah, I don't know... but I was trying for a normal person and I think I probably strayed into stereotypes a little too far to make it so. :x Just poke me if I should change anything!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Name: Ronell Landry (Ronny to his friends if he had any)
Physical Description: 6'6" tall, roughly 200 lbs. Dark blond almost brown hair, though it lightens when he's been in the sun alot. Deep brown eyes, his left eye is always partially shut as if he'd been punched. A side effect from having a flashbang go off to near his face. Has a very good farmers tan going. Muscular, but skinny build despite his size.
Occupation: Has trouble keeping a job, but currently is working as a stockman at the local grocery.
Aptitude: If it makes sense physical and Mental almost equal, with social much lower. Otherwise the way I put it.
1. Physical
2. Mental
3. Social
Backstory:

Working on it, waiting on some info for background.

Last edited:
OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alrighty, I have ideas for Wallpaper and Chibs now, thanks to the both of ya :)

What kind of info do you want Ronny?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Waiting on Sinful for some background info I don't know that my family couldn't provide. Not sure how much you'd know because it's Canadian military related. If I don't get an answer I'll ask you or make it up as best as I can.

On a side note how close is Medicine Hat to Red Deer, the only places I've been to in the province are there, Calgary, and Banff National park. So I'm just wondering if I'm picturing the area correctly.

Edit: I could definately use the info on the basics of the clans, since I'm doing this without knowing the game. I know Malkavians are lunatics, Gangrel is outdoorsy shapechangers and they are the only ones who can do the most changes, nosferatu are deformed someway but are good for getting info, toreador is artists. I've heard of tremere, cappadocian, brujah, caitiff, setite, and assamite, but don't know what they are, or any opther clans for that matter.

Last edited:

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Think of Calgary, Red Deer and Medicine Hat as a big triangle, where Red Deer is the northern-most point, Calgary is the western-most point, and Medicine Hat is the eastern-most point. Red Deer is parklands/prairie area, Medicine Hat has like... hoodoos and plains. . (Medicine Hat is way south compared to the others.)

As for how far, I'd say about a three hour drive at about 100 km/h? I haven't made the drive in years though.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Its about an hour and a bit north of Calgary. Think Calgary terrain, Medicine Hat feeling, if that makes any sense. As for the military stuff, I guarantee Sin would know better than I, but I might be able to help anyways, shoot.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay that's actually a better map the one I was using they all looked a lot closer. So Red Deer = less mountainous, more plains, therefore more what I'm used to being from Illinois. Thanks.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Double post oh well, this is what I asked Sinful, maybe you or Wall can help, though. I doubt it since I don't know how familiar any of you are with Nova Scotia.

I'm just hunting for some quick info on a character background and you seemed the most likely to supply it. Since my Canadian family don't seem to know. Haven't had any family members in the military there since WWII and I'm not sure how much the units have changed. He was in the North Shore regiment and died at St.Aubin.

Are your military units set up by province I'm making a Canadian veteran of Afghanistan. However he's from Nova Scotia like my family members. So if you could give me an idea of which units would be appropriate it would help, since I always strive for realism in games. Anything you can tell me or if you know of a site that may help. Let me know thanks in advance

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

but I didn't write one ._.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yep, not much I can help you with there. From what I know, units are pretty much set up by base, are they not? This unit is from this base, that unit from that base. Best to ask Sin though, especially if you want an actual name/number for a unit from Nova Scotia.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

but I didn't write one ._.
Maybe I just picked up on something I had missed before then. Feel free to still make one if you want, more character info is always welcome :)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, yay! :D I'm so gleeful, Shrike. I've liked your posts just as a player before. This is going to be badass. XD *waves a foam finger-hand around in anticipation*

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Maybe I just picked up on something I had missed before then. Feel free to still make one if you want, more character info is always welcome :)
kk, I'll get it tonight

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

All right this is what I have so far, some stuff might change depending on what I learn from Sinful or my own searches. Should give you a start though, any questions, comments, etc. just ask. No prefernce on what clan I would prefer as I don't really know them all.

Name: Ronell Landry (Ronny to friends, if he had any in the area)
Physical Description: 6'6" tall, roughly 200 lbs. Dark blond almost brown hair, though it's currently pretty light because he's been in the sun alot lately. Deep brown eyes, his left eye is always partially shut as if he'd been punched. A side effect from having a flashbang go off to near his face. Muscular but thin despite his size, good tan to arms and face. Pretty much forgettable lookswise, being neither handsome nor ugly by typical standards.
Occupation: Has bounced around jobs since returning from Afghanistan, but currently is working as a stockman at the local grocery store of Red Deer.
Aptitude:
1. Physical
2. Social
3. Mental
Backstory: Born in Halifax to your typical family with no real problems, other than the fact that he often seemed to hurt himself though that was no problem since he healed just as quickly as he got hurt. After graduating from high school, he joined the army at 18 as an infantryman. His superiors thought he could better serve in the role of information gathering however, especially from EPW's.

He took to this role well, despite not agreeing with the principal of interrogating people. Even though he was never told to physically hurt or otherwise do anything against his principals he thought there was something wrong with getting people to tell him things in a purely social way. He took to drinking to forget about the way his job made him feel. this continued for a long time as he was recovered quickly from his bouts of drinking. Which worked up until his unit returned from Afghanistan, by then his drinking was hardly under control. Luckily he was still able to be honorably discharged, though he was still an alcoholic.

After his discharge he wandered the country for a year doing whatever job he could hold at the time. He recently stopped in Red Deer, where he easily found a job ath the local store. Not exactly glamorous, but he's not worried about that he just wants to forget about what he was or find a way to accept it.

Last edited: