Let's talk about upload services.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Let's talk about upload services.

You never want to purposely provoke Nunu...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Too late :) and that's why I asked for a PM instead of a straight post. And so long as he/she/it doesn't come and publicly embarrass me at my job (long trip from Melbourne, that would be D: )) I think I'll be able to survive.

Momiji

Lurker
Reputation score

I know, no worries, I just thought a 'bugger off, I'm not telling' would have been rude ;) I just tend to keep locational information on the down-low, so nobody walks up to me at the job and goes 'hey Shrike, I loved reading your posts on ULMF' XD

EDIT: Although, looking back, I'm pretty sure I have dropped enough hints that it wouldn't be that horribly difficult to do so... Hay Nunu, you creepy stalker, PM and let's see how close you've come to figuring me out ;)
Don't be surprised if, instead of PMing, Nunu comes and knocks on your door.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

From what I've heard of Nunu, Momiji is spot-on.

Thanks for the politeness though Shrike =) Your privacy is completely your business. I'm still uncomfortable about sharing my gender on here, let alone location... though I would think most of you would have guessed by now.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

didn't you already refer to yourself as male somewhere? Although, by the simple reluctance to share, I would assume female... If so, don't worry too much, very few people around here actually bite, for all they bark ;)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Shrike: Nunu can actually check your IP and tell your approximate location and service provider. It doesn't tell very accurately, but by searching my IP-address it gives my city(Helsinki) which isn't enough to track me down. Helsinki is a pretty big place, after all.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, but that comes along as the same problem rapidshare seems to have with my internet, doesn't it? you know those annoying pop-ups that can see your IP? the ones that are always like "Find your match, right here in <Insert city/town/whatever here>"? It gives me the name of a tiny town about two hours from where I actually live ;)

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Actually I don't. As I've said, no-script stops all pop-ups.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

meh, well my point remains, My ISP is fuckin' weird. In other news, Imma go pass out now, night night

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I prefer RS since I have a premium account (and have for ages), and the /rs/ board on 4chan is oh so useful for finding stuff, and irfree.com has lots of brilliant stuff for download from RS.

MU is also okayish, especially if you have a login (like me), as it seems to allow you an "overdraft" with your maximum download per day, that is, it carries over download allowances to the next day. I've never been told I've reached my download limit with MU since getting a login, and I've downloaded over 2 GB easily in a day.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

What I don't get about MU is how it seems broken. I remember that you weren't supposed to be able to dl multiple files at once, and that there used to be a 45s waiting period for free users. Not anymore. They seem to have taken that out, but the silly little comparison chart between free/premium is still the same.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I still have both those things as a free user.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Seriously? I wonder why it doesn't happen for me. o_O