Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Which do you prefer? Why? The ones I've seen so far:
mediafire
megaupload
rapidshare
hotfile
one other that I can't remember. bongfile or something.

I personally like megaupload, because it seems to be the easiest to download from. Also, I think it's broken right now. You don't have to wait the 45 seconds to download a file. Also, you can get by the free-user speed restriction by right clicking on the "free" button and hitting save target as instead of just clicking on the button. Seems like you can download multiple files at once now, as well, with no waiting period in between files like Rapidshare has. Also, if you want to search for something, you can do a google search for, say, House: House s01e01 site:megaupload.com
This doesn't work for rapidshare as far as I know.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Let's talk about upload services.

I'm partial to megaupload and will settle for rapidshare but i usually dont get links to anywhere else.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've seen Filedump from Zombiefire, and then there's the Mega's, and Rapidshit, other than that, there's not much.

I personally prefer Megarotic for Hentai, and Megaupload for standard files.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I've noticed that when trying to upload something bigger then 100mb, they all suck. Thats it, they all lose equally bad, split archives work, but try anything above 100mb and you're fucked.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

MegaUpload for normal stuff, MegaErotic for pr0nz, don't use rapidshit unless I have to, and I've never tried MediaFire.

Last night I tried . Wouldn't recommend it. My upload took a minute and ended up failing.

I've noticed that when trying to upload something bigger then 100mb, they all suck. Thats it, they all lose equally bad, split archives work, but try anything above 100mb and you're fucked.
I disagree. I downloaded something from MegaUpload that was split into two 500mb files. Both worked like a charm.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I prefer megaupload myself.

Although, one of the new people, antoni1988, seems enamored by hotfiles. (The person seems to be posting a lot of game files uploaded to that site.)

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Well I just uploaded Raidy, a 700mb file to MU. Interested to see if people are able to get to it okay. Uploading seems to have gone without a hitch.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've loaded it up into your momma last night.
In all seriousness, megaupload and rapidshare are about equally good/bad. I tend to get worse speeds from other services. Megaupload at least doesn't have the annoying wait between downloads.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Rapidshare seems to treat my entire ISP as a single computer :/ therefore, I have to be incredibly lucky to get anyhting off of it, thanks to its parallel restrictions. That being said, if I actually manage it I have no complaints, but the Mega's seem to work much better all around for me :)

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I've loaded it up into your momma last night.
In all seriousness, megaupload and rapidshare are about equally good/bad. I tend to get worse speeds from other services. Megaupload at least doesn't have the annoying wait between downloads.
Thanks for that <3

Really? Weird. I tend to get much faster speed from MU, and can download multiple files at once from MU. So downloading a 700 meg file split into 7 pieces takes about ten minutes, because I can just download them all at once. With RS, it takes me twice as long to get just one of those pieces... then there is the 15 minute waiting period in between downloading pieces...

Rapidshare seems to treat my entire ISP as a single computer :/ therefore, I have to be incredibly lucky to get anyhting off of it, thanks to its parallel restrictions. That being said, if I actually manage it I have no complaints, but the Mega's seem to work much better all around for me
Lolfail. I remember in one of the housing complexes in my first college, they had the entire internet running through one router. So when that router's IP got banned from somethingawful, the entire housing complex was suddenly banned. I never thought that Rapidshare must do the same thing. If ANYBODY were to be downloading something from RS... nothing else for the 300 or more people living there... hilarious to look inward from. Not so fun to be a part of. I wasn't assigned there, but one of my friends was. I gave him shit about it all the time.

Who is your ISP?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I use mediafire, unlike everybody else. I dunno why but for my computer, the upload is much faster. Plus I can upload multiple files at a time (Can't remember if you can do that with megaupload/rapidshare).

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I use mediafire, unlike everybody else. I dunno why but for my computer, the upload is much faster. Plus I can upload multiple files at a time (Can't remember if you can do that with megaupload/rapidshare).
mediafire does not allow you to password protect your rars though, you have to do it through them (unno how that works, I think you need a pass to download the file or somethin')

Fab10

Lurker
Reputation score

Megaupload doesn't work for me. It keeps saying I've reached my limit and should wait 7 minutes. Even though I haven't used it for over a month. :(

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I never really found a use for password protecting. I guess that's just me though.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Meh. As far as getting files goes, I tend to use w/e the poster saved it on. If it's MU, fine; RS, w/e. Then again, I only tend to d/l maybe 1-2 things a month, so I've never had issues with any service to my knowledge.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Lolfail. I remember in one of the housing complexes in my first college, they had the entire internet running through one router. So when that router's IP got banned from somethingawful, the entire housing complex was suddenly banned. I never thought that Rapidshare must do the same thing. If ANYBODY were to be downloading something from RS... nothing else for the 300 or more people living there... hilarious to look inward from. Not so fun to be a part of. I wasn't assigned there, but one of my friends was. I gave him shit about it all the time.

Who is your ISP?
Unfortunately, I can't divulge that information, as it would cut down on the Area it would take to actually find me by a fair amount, instead of just Alberta. It isn't one of the major companies, however.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Ummm. That was more of a courtesy asking rather than a "I need you to answer in order to know" asking. But don't worry, your secret's safe with me.
I think.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

I know, no worries, I just thought a 'bugger off, I'm not telling' would have been rude ;) I just tend to keep locational information on the down-low, so nobody walks up to me at the job and goes 'hey Shrike, I loved reading your posts on ULMF' XD

EDIT: Although, looking back, I'm pretty sure I have dropped enough hints that it wouldn't be that horribly difficult to do so... Hay Nunu, you creepy stalker, PM and let's see how close you've come to figuring me out ;)

Last edited: