What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [Lord Arioch] Seeds of Chaos (v0.2.41)

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'Py]

No worries, I'm not in love with the box myself, but it is something to fix at a later date. :)

Still waiting for art over here, but Keidi has made a few gifs showing off the sprites, you can see them

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Not usually a fan of Ren'py, but this has got my attention. You should PM one of the mods like DarkFire to get this thread moved to the Hentai Games section, because I only stumbled across this thread by chance.

Looks good though, can't wait to try your demo :)!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Needs a demo first before it can be moved, but that should be done in the next few days. Thanks for the kind words. :)

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A little crop preview of the first scene. ;)
OH MY...! Can't wait to play it! ;)

I have a question, will the MC kept his face and not becoming faceless in most CG where his face supposed to be visible?

I actually adore a CG where we can also see the pleasure in the male face, so that preview already hit the spot for me!

Stay healthy! :)

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

[/spoiler]
OH MY...! Can't wait to play it! ;)

I have a question, will the MC kept his face and not becoming faceless in most CG where his face supposed to be visible?

I actually adore a CG where we can also see the pleasure in the male face, so that preview already hit the spot for me!

Stay healthy! :)
Yeah, definitely not a "faceless character" type of game. If you can see Rowan's face in a shot, it'll be his face.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, definitely not a "faceless character" type of game. If you can see Rowan's face in a shot, it'll be his face.
Amazing to hear!
Well in the first place Rowan wasn't supposed to be an self-insert character, he has his own personality and behavior, am i right? :)

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, it is more like, for example, the Witcher, in that Rowan is an active participant in conversations. There's a lot of back and forth, and the player makes dialogue choices at key moments that shape the direction of the interaction.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, it is more like, for example, the Witcher, in that Rowan is an active participant in conversations. There's a lot of back and forth, and the player makes dialogue choices at key moments that shape the direction of the interaction.
You're saying our choices have consequences?

WHAT A CONCEPT!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I know, shocking right? :)

Personally, I'm all about the micro, as opposed to the macro, and I think a long development period of small blocks with player input is really suited to this. I want to make a game where the things that you say and do, and the things you know, make an impact on the small scale, not just large binary outcomes like character you end up with / the ending you get.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know, shocking right? :)

Personally, I'm all about the micro, as opposed to the macro, and I think a long development period of small blocks with player input is really suited to this. I want to make a game where the things that you say and do, and the things you know, make an impact on the small scale, not just large binary outcomes like character you end up with / the ending you get.
So, somewhat like Mass Effect, where the stuff you did in previous games carried over to third one?

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, somewhat like Mass Effect, where the stuff you did in previous games carried over to third one?
I'm also curious about this, because it seems you had planned for this game to become just the first of a saga, hadn't you?

Now that also raises a good question, did you have any plans regarding the New Game+ content, Lord Arioch?
Or maybe there's no New Game+ content at all?

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not so much sequels as the option to play the game with different characters who have a different story line and encounter different events, but are in a shared world with the others.

What I'd like to do, bringing in something similar to New Game+, is have the things you do on one character change the game when you play on the next, creating a sort of persistent world state affected by the player. For example, say your Rowan decides to kill a character, you wouldn't be able to meet that character with others, that sort of thing. It is quite simple to do with variables and if statements, and since the game is being developed in small chunks, it is well suited to this sort of thing.

Reactions: Xil

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Not so much sequels as the option to play the game with different characters who have a different story line and encounter different events, but are in a shared world with the others.

What I'd like to do, bringing in something similar to New Game+, is have the things you do on one character change the game when you play on the next, creating a sort of persistent world state affected by the player. For example, say your Rowan decides to kill a character, you wouldn't be able to meet that character with others, that sort of thing. It is quite simple to do with variables and if statements, and since the game is being developed in small chunks, it is well suited to this sort of thing.
Oooh that's interesting. That would allow for many different playthroughs. But it's also quite ambitious, which in turns means hard to pull of. Unless this isn't the first time you've done a project like this. :p

I just realized I've never posted in this thread even though I've visited it more times than I can count. What the hell? :eek:

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It isn't that difficult, the hardest thing really is populating the game with enough content to make it worthwhile, but hopefully this is where the constant small updates will come in. :)

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just a quick heads up - First backer release will be out tomorrow, first public release is set for May 8th.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Moving this thread out of Under Construction for its long-deserved introduction here. Hope the project goes well!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Okay guys, I'm gonna get a new backer release out later today, so I'm releasing this a little earlier than planned.

You can grab the first public release -