What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [Lord Arioch] Seeds of Chaos (v0.2.41)

Raveman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'Py]

Played the Prologue and things looks pretty good, hope to see some scene with the wife in her new outfit by the way :D

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Played the Prologue and things looks pretty good, hope to see some scene with the wife in her new outfit by the way :D
There'll be plenty more Alexia content, don't worry. :)

iron_jack

Reputation score

I don't usually go for VN's as much, but wow, this is awesome. The art is fantastic, the story is interesting, and did I mention that the art is fantastic?

I also appreciate that you are including M/M content as well. You really don't see that much in h-games.

Can't wait for more. I hope you are able to see this one all the way through to the end.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

IMPORTANT - READ THIS FIRST - You have to start a new game. If you load an older one, it will not work.

Okay, so here's a new release. It is still very rough around the edges, waiting for sprites and some other things before I can add a proper tutorial and introduction, but for the time being you can get some idea of what the game looks like after the prologue, and play for six weeks.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ooh, goodie! :D

For six weeks, huh? Let see how many events i can trigger within that time limit...

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Maybe a bit early for a release? I mean, no harm done of course, but this is essentially a playable version of the teaser you released earlier. We can only go through the portal (which isn't really explained anywhere why, unless I skipped over it at the finale of the prologue) and visit the basement. I get that that's probably the point of this release, but yeah, not a lot to do yet!

I think maybe the menu in the room could be streamlined a bit, because it feels kind of cluttered. I would do away with the stat screen entirely as the Status in the menu gives you that. That aside, I personally would prefer clickable things: the bed is your rest, the chest inventory, a book on the desk would be codex and maybe put a mirror somewhere to check your status, or the status is the one menu element that's always available at the top of the screen for instance. Right now that first room is just menus all over and it looks kinda weird.

I do think you're doing a great job with this game though, it seems like it'll push many of my buttons! I can't wait for it to be developed further.

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Six weeks is a bit misleading since each portal visit or rest = 1 week

However, I love whats currently there especially the MxM! Keep up the good work :)!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

While things have been a bit quiet, work is still continuing. Here's a little teaser of the coding going on at the mo. :)

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Lovely to see those stats on Alexia! I wonder if they'll only change because of your actions or...their lack thereof?

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Some stats will be dynamic, for example lust will rise on its own every turn, the amount being defined by how depraved the character is. Obedience will degrade over time, unless the character is in the dungeon (and if they are in the dungeon, affinity will degrade). So there's a few ways I'm thinking of to make it a bit less static than these systems usually are.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok, it was more a reference to the ntr elements in the game, where Alexia's stats specifically might rise because of Arth(r?)as' "influence". But I'm curious to find out how it'll all work!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, there'll be some of that too hopefully (thinking if depravity is high and affinity drops low enough, Andras starts to corrupt her).

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Looking good so far. Let me know if you need any help breaking your game (bug testing). Look forward to seeing what comes next!

K84

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Amazing art I love it!

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks for making this game :)

I couldnt get myself to play VNs until now tbh.

The art is great like the writing while i have to say thats its sometimes a little bit hard to understand every single word while reading it =D

I made a little lets play for your game till the part where the character stands in front of the castle (dont want to spoiler too much for others :p) and linked your patreon and official site.

I dont expect to give you a huge supporter boost, but even a single dollar per month for you guys would be worth making those videos, you deserve it :)

/watch?v=dA5jwXkq2CY

If you are not OK with me releasing this 3 part lets play. pls tell me and ill take them down, after all im trying to help :D

Greetz Krys

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks Krys, and it is all good, need all the support I can get. :)

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey Lord Arioch, I just played the 1.01 demo today. I liked it. The prologue was pretty well thought out, and I like the little family time at the start. I didn't test all the options to things, but from what I played, the story flowed logically enough. I'd be happy to play more of this story and I look forward to seeing where you take things.

I think you could make the final part of the prologue a bit more interesting in making the player's choice inverted to what results from it. Like, the player chooses to partner with the girl demon, and instead there's play with dialogue that suggests it's not his choice to make, and in fact he gets to be with the male demon. But, since it's ever a good idea to dupe the player like that, there should be a brief power struggle between the demons, this resulting in the player's original choice being reinstated. So, no real change, other than some drama when the player thinks they're going to see something potentially icky.

What think? If was was writing this, that's probably what I'd have done with that choice. I hope you consider integrating that. Oh, if you're able, maybe you could make it a 50/50 chance that the player's choice is (apparently) discarded. So, it doesn't happen every play through, and since it's a bit of fluff, something that could be skipped. But if seen (since luck would have it) then it just adds a bit to things. What think?

Also, what's going to happen with his waifu? Is she destined to become the demon's plaything? Or not necessarily?

I also don't understand why the player wouldn't seek to kill one or both demons the first chance he got. I'd say it'd be quite easy to do, if planned out. So, what idea do you have to make that something that's off the table for a while? I assume eventually the player will get the upperhand in things and so it won't matter, but initially, I can't help but think that he should be angling to assassinate those two the first chance he gets.

Hey, also, I didn't quite like the choices offered when asked to join them. One option should have been worded "Lie your heart out, agreeing with them for now..." Or something. I know the first option functions as much, but it still pretty much still places the player into selling himself to them. No lie, just agreement. I think there should be an option to lie to them. That's often a choice Bioware has in their games when there's an unavoidable choice to make. I sometimes do choose that as well, since it often is the best option.

Anyway, good work, and it's good to see you're progressing with it. The story has an interesting lore to it.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's often a choice Bioware has in their games when there's an unavoidable choice to make. I sometimes do choose that as well, since it often is the best option.
Yes, BioWare, a studio with an immense budget and with a ton of people working for them. They have the money and the workforce to make AA/AAA games. You're talking to someone who makes video games off of a Patreon, and, as far as I know, works on this game alone. And if there were more people working on the game, I would be surprised if the number reached 10.

I think you get the choice to agree and be done with it. One would imagine the game will offer you chances later on to betray them (as you're forced into cooperating or a game over), so there's not really a need to warn you that you are lying. Your actions later on will make that a lie or a truth.

Also, ignoring your choice is bad. I've seen other people on forums stop with this game because it has M/M on it, and it's optional. So, them being forced into it -> no no. H-Games like this have a limited audience and people have or don't have certain fetishes. Being able to pick what you want to experience is key.

LA has said that netorare elements (the demon taking your wife) is optional, so it'll depend on how you play.

I think you make good points, but you have to remember that these people have limited resources.

tryguy

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, fair enough. The prologue worked pretty well, and left the story open enough for things to progress in a number of ways. I was curious about where things were headed.

I found it odd that the wife was left untouched for that extent of time. Four months to get there, another couple of months in the dungeon. Six months is ages, when you're just kept in a room in a foreign castle. I liked the comment she makes at the end, about wanting him to visit more often. It's subtle but telling.

Well, if it's not going to be forced ntr, then hopefully the story depicts it in a way that the player becomes reunited with the waifu as a treat for war progress, rather than simply because he's now agreed with them. It could be a really good story that way, the wife still held hostage to keep the PC in line, and even safely behind locked doors so the player has to enquire about her whereabouts. Depending on how the story unfolds, it could be tense, having to go on campaign for the demons while not quite knowing what's becoming of his wife. And perhaps being sidetracked so that his attachment to her isn't that pressing.

I can see how people would resist the NTR aspects, not wanting it. But I think it'd be fascinating, if presented well.

In terms of end game, I can see the PC winning the demons over via interpersonal relationships. I sense that's how this story is going to play out. Could be straight-up betrayal at some point, and violence. Or could be more romance based, with the PC winning the heart of the female demon and those two ruling (the PC taking the reins). And any number of variations on that. The male demon winning the waifu over in the same way, perhaps departing with her to parts unknown.

Oh, but it would be interesting if the PC had to fight to keep him and the wife together in this situation. Eh, we'll have to see how the story elements unfold. But, I liked the prologue. I don't think much of the demons, but I like how the wife is dressed by them. I did do some exploring, but it seemed boring without some kind of images to accompany the text, so I stopped. I take it upgrades to equipment and rooms in the mansion unlocking comes at a later point? I'd be interested to see how the story progresses from here. The attitudes of the two demons. The nature of the tasks he's expected to do. I'd think the relationship between the PC and the wife would be interesting, depending on events that happen. If he becomes too corrupted, maybe it'll be her that gives up on him, rejecting him for what he's (voluntarily) become.

I hope the story is complex like that. Or can be, if the right choices are made. Anyway, I'll keep track of this one. Good luck with it, Lord Arioch.

Edit: Oh, I just had an idea. When you agree to them, why not have them put a charm on you (say give you an necklace) to wear, to ensure your compliance? That would solve the problem of the PC attempting to slaughter them in their sleep. Also, maybe it could be some thing that could be taken off if/once he's tricked them enough to trust him. Then he could betray them or whatever, or go along with their plans, but taking lead role. The idea is, that there's a controlling necklace, that the player could find ways to remove, and give you back your freedom. I'd like if that were a thing.

Last edited:

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Will we ever be able to play with that guard? :D