What's new

VN/TEXT RPG [Lord Arioch] Seeds of Chaos (v0.2.41)

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Seeds of Chaos [Ren'Py]

I would find it nice if Alexia could be savvy enough to catch on and take steps to pervert the demons' plans ...

std112233

Reputation score

So I get how unrest + morale contribute to gameover - but how to keep em from deminishing?

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So I get how unrest + morale contribute to gameover - but how to keep em from deminishing?
It isn't properly balanced at the moment. The whole castle management system is getting an overhaul at the moment though, so this won't be an issue in the next release.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just to let you all know, the new version will be public this Saturday (3rd Dec).

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Okay guys, link for new version is up in the first post. You'll have to start a new game, as old saves will most likely crash the game. Enjoy. :)

Release notes

- New map exploration system added.
- Castle management completely overhauled to improve the strategy elements.
- A number of new scenes added to introduce the player to the castle and explain their role in the game.
- Two new sex scenes.
- Three new world events.
- Slave training has moved to the bonus menu to be developed later as a subgame.

Known Issues

- Missing art (BGs, CGs, and tiles), these will be added as funding allows in later releases.
- Exploration GUI is currently very basic, will be spruced up in a later release.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I like it! Not a lot of new "obvious" content but I'm sure it was a lot of behind-the-scenes work to set this all up.

I know you said you'd refine it, but I'll reiterate that the map system needs some work. I think I bumped into 1 maybe 2 events while exploring that, and while I think the randomness will work when everything is implemented, maybe for now you could guide people more towards where events are? It just feels kinda weird now as a stopgap between scenes where you just move around a bit randomly.

About the amount of sex scenes; I found two:

Andras fucking Alexia and
Rowan fucking Alexia.

Now, I think you should probably clarify that both these scenes are optional. The first one is only there if you're into netorare, and the second gives you the option to pass it by (probably also if you're into netorare, so I'll have to remember to skip it next version!). But either way, unless I missed one, people who don't want ntr will only get one, so clarification could go a long way.

Anyway, I'm really sad you don't have more patreons! This is a project I'd love to see go far. The writing is pretty good and the art is lovely, so I hope you can keep on keeping on!

Also, banging Jezera seems to be a guaranteed way to crash the game. The sex scene is fine, but once you catch up with Alexia again, the game crashes (it didn't do this when I got banged by Andras). Going after Alexia early also seems to crash the game.

Finally, the update ends before it becomes a thing, but I'd advise you to give the players access to an Alexia stat-screen. Even if the trainer is for a later update, this might make it easier to avoid/hunt ntr content for those that are (un)interested in it.

Last edited:
OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, probably about 60 hours work on design and coding in this one behind the scenes.

The problem with the map at the moment is that there aren't many events, so it feels empty. We are going to add another 15+ in the next release, and then after that we'll start adding more mines, villages, and visitable locations, so it will soon fill out.

I didn't mention they were optional because all scenes are optional (as mentioned in the first post), but yeah, both are.

Thanks. I've no plans on stopping, I'm just going to have to do a lot more in pure text than I originally planned. Hopefully it will eventually start to pick up a bit though.

Will check that out, looks like a variable isn't defining somewhere.

This isn't really relevant to the NTR content as if you don't want to see it, you just turn the filter on, but there will be stats for NPCs later when we add job assignments.

idiot122

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, probably about 60 hours work on design and coding in this one behind the scenes.

The problem with the map at the moment is that there aren't many events, so it feels empty. We are going to add another 15+ in the next release, and then after that we'll start adding more mines, villages, and visitable locations, so it will soon fill out.

I didn't mention they were optional because all scenes are optional (as mentioned in the first post), but yeah, both are.

Thanks. I've no plans on stopping, I'm just going to have to do a lot more in pure text than I originally planned. Hopefully it will eventually start to pick up a bit though.

Will check that out, looks like a variable isn't defining somewhere.

This isn't really relevant to the NTR content as if you don't want to see it, you just turn the filter on, but there will be stats for NPCs later when we add job assignments.
I swear by all holy the more NTR you add the more money I will be sending your way

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@idiot There's plenty more to come. Just have to do that slow burn for the real gut punch feels. :D

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, I can't wait for more of the NTR content myself! I was wondering (you don't have to answer if you don't want to spoil of course) if there was going to be any Alexia/Jezera content? I know Jezera technically trains her in the...trainer mini-game but I was wondering if there were going to be scenes like that in the main game.

Also just wanted to report that your patch fixed the problems I was having! Through experimenting even found the first bad end!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, I can't wait for more of the NTR content myself! I was wondering (you don't have to answer if you don't want to spoil of course) if there was going to be any Alexia/Jezera content? I know Jezera technically trains her in the...trainer mini-game but I was wondering if there were going to be scenes like that in the main game.
Well, I haven't talked much about this since it is still being worked on, but I'll spill the beans a little here. :)

There's still going to be core NPCs and a job system in the main game, it just works differently. Basically, you assign the NPC to a station (location in the castle), and they provide a passive bonus based on the job that they do there. For example, assigning them to the throne room makes them work as a manservant / maid, reducing weekly upkeep cost, or the tavern, where they work as a barman / barmaid and generate extra income, and so on.

Since all these locations have their own NPCs attached to them, there'll a chance for events to trigger while core NPCs are stationed there. The choices you make, along with the core NPCs stats (these'll be a lot simpler than a trainer, probably just happiness, corruption, and obedience), will shape these events.

So short answer - yes, there will be Jezera x Alexia scenes, if you have Alexia working as a maid. :)

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, that's good to know! I'm mostly in it for the ntr but it's good that Jezera will get to have some fun as well!

Final question: the new sex scenes currently don't have art. Will the public release be updated once the art has been made or is it something that'll be added with a completely new release?

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Final question: the new sex scenes currently don't have art. Will the public release be updated once the art has been made or is it something that'll be added with a completely new release?
If I get art for the entire scene back, I'll probably put out a new release out, but at the moment due to funding I'm having to get the CGs one at a time, so they'll just be going in the next release.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

New public release now added to main post, hope you guys enjoy. Planning to have the next release out in 4-6 weeks, with a similar amount of new event content. :)

Release notes
– You can now play until the end of week 12
– Over 20 new events
– Building (throne room) and research (library) now available starting in week 4
– 6 new characters added (3 of which are optional)
– 2 new sex scenes (one MxM, and the game’s first FxF)
– 3 CGs added to the Andras x Alexia scene
– Fancy new map GUI
– Placeholder river tiles replaced with proper ones

Known Issues
– More missing art (need money, blah blah blah)
– Some event outcomes aren’t implemented yet (will all be added for next release)

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think you made a mistake with the upload...the game still stops for me when Rowan and Alexia meet again, whether they have sex or not.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for catching it. Have fixed it and added new links to the first post, so redownload and it should all be fine.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Could make it past that scene now, game crashes when Jezera leaves the room though, whether or not I decided to pick separate or shared rooms.

I'm also not using old saves, just to clarify.

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not my day, is it? :)

Just fixed that as well, so fingers crossed the new version shouldn't give you anymore problems when you redownload it.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No more problems! (On my path anyways...;) )

Really enjoyed the new update, seems like everything is coming together more!

OP
Lord Arioch

Lord Arioch

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Glad you enjoyed it. I feel the same about it starting to come together, and since we don't have any major systems to code now for a while, focus will be on spending the next 3-6 months adding a similar amount of events every month until there is a decent amount of content.