What's new

Lost in the Jungle

OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Lost in the Jungle

OK, I'm aware that moral in this topic is pretty low. There's no been much sex lately - unless you count the poorly written and quickly skipped over zombie group thing - a couple of people haven't posted since Formora died, and we've just been killed by a giant dragon, which there's no immediately obvious way past.

So here's some points:
- Even 13 pages in, this is still my first CYOA ever, and I'm learning all the time. Hopefully I'll get the sex/adventure balance better in my next attempt.
- Not having Formora around didn't bother anyone for the first goodness knows how many pages.
- We're nearly at the end. The CYOA ends when we get the top of the Temple, regardless of the decision made when there (although obviously the decision affects the ending).
- There's nothing in the Temple any harder than the dragon (although perhaps a couple of things as hard).

So, chin up! We can do this! We're nearly there! Screw the dragon, screw grief! One last push!

Also, votes A1, B1, and C are all tied on 3 votes each. So I'm just going to pick the one that I know will work (being the writer does have its advantages).

A1 - Use stones to cross the river!

-----​

Still shaken from her untimely incineration, Eve creeps quietly down to where the dragon lies. It's still rumbling peacefully... although occasionally the tail flicks across the rock-covered ground, sending a few flying. Maybe it really is asleep.

Regardless, Eve doesn't waste any more time; she picks up another hefty rock and tosses it into the river. It lands with a splash, but the giant red beastie over on her left doesn't even twitch. Good. Now, Eve considers, a different strategy is required. A rock large enough to stand on would be too big to throw far enough out into the running lava - so lots of little ones will have to do.

Looking behind, Eve spots a selection of more suitable, fist-sized rocks (there's not exactly a shortage of them in this zone). The heat is still overbearing, crushing, and sweat runs freely down her body, as Eve labours back and forth, tossing the stones in, watching as they hiss... but after half an hour of work, she's done. The first platform, wide enough to stand on, is in easy jumping distance from the bank, and beyond that is a pile of smaller rocks that stick out of the lava. It looks sturdy enough, although it took so long to put together, Eve feels she's starting to push her luck with old sleepy over there...
Best to move quickly. Eve jumps onto the first platform, lands smoothly, then leaps across to the pile. One rock shifts beneath her weight as she lands, and for a heart-stopping second Eve feels she's about to be dumped in the river... only to recover her balance just in time.

Heart pounding, and even more sweat running down her body, Eve jumps the final gap with ease, landing on the other side of the branch of Y - and with the exit directly ahead! Exhausted but relieved, Eve sets off across the rock-strewn ground. After a couple of minutes at a steady jog, she passes the dragon's head - and one beady eye flicks open as she passes. Startled, it staggers to its feet, roaring in surprise.

"NO!" cries Eve. "Fuck this! Ramr kveykva!"

A bolt of white hot electricity leaps from her outstretched hand - and strikes the dragon directly in the eye. It reels back, roaring in agony, but Eve's already running for the exit - a lone archway standing empty in the distance.
Eve runs like she's never run before. Behind her she hears the sound of the dragon recovering, furious with her escape. There's a huge rumble, then a splash - it must've jumped across the river of lava in a single bound. A huge, deafening flapping sound, a blast of air that almost sends her sprawling - the dragon has taken flight again.

Shitshitshit-

A huge rumble comes from behind her, but Eve's close now. The roar of fire fills her ears as the dragon bears down on her, swooping down at tremendous speed, fire blazing out before it. The inferno reaches her -

And then Eve's through the archway. Safe. Cool. A white hot, furious fire burns the air on just the other side of the archway - but it can't penetrate. The temperature drops away in an instant, and Eve collapses on the floor in relief.

Half an hour she lies there, sweat cooling off her body and dripping onto the cool stone floor. The roars and snaps of the furious dragon keep her company, but apparently the creepy guy at the temple entrance was right - she's completely safe in the voids between the zones.

Some time later, still shaken but partially recovered, Eve proceeds. Behind her is the archway, but now she seems to be in a stone walled room, with simple braziers on the wall, and a staircase ahead. The stone is black again... how ominous, Eve thinks dryly.

Eve proceeds up the narrow, twisting staircase, and eventually finds herself in front of (another) thick wooden door. Steeling herself, she pushes it open...
and gasps in delight.

A garden. It's dim, like a garden at twilight, but beautiful nonetheless. Thick, green foliage, beautiful, colourful flowers, a pond with water trickling merrily down to it via a small stream... and it smells so intoxicating.
The exit... it's a door on the otherside of the garden, standing on its own with no walls. It's only 10 or so meters away... but the plants!

-----​

Option A) Go and have a dip in the pond to cool off after our last sweaty encounter.

Option B) Go and roll around in the thick grass over there. It looks like fun!

Option C) Go and examine the flowers. Some of them Eve might recognise as medicinal... and they smell so nice!

Option D) Go and climb the tree over there in the glade - perhaps something interesting lies in the branches, or we might be able to see something interesting.

Option E) Go straight to the exit, trying not to breathe in again.

Option F) Examine ALL of the plants!

Two deaths remaining.

HP: 45/50
MP: 69/110
Corruption: 65/110

The only hint I'll give for my next CYOA is that there will be actual character selection (with not all the choices being human or even humanoid) and I've been playing loads of Demon's Souls lately, which inspired me a lot.

Last edited:

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

E. Maybe be ready to lasso ourselves towards the door with Flexible Shadow, or the door itself. Might help stop us from getting into any distracting trouble.

akikaze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

E

Don't look back and run like hell.

Femora die, people die, meh its not like you can't write out another steamy sex scene with another character.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

E.

This is a trap fo sure.

A

aguy

Blast, I failed to choose correctly again!

While I am a big fan of seeing what could possibly go wrong in the bathing area, I don't want to be the jerk who gets us killed again. Though I would vote for it in a heartbeat if I knew it would just be smut. Corruption never killed anybody, right?

So I vote E because it seems the least likely to result in bad times for our hero (prays E results in lots and lots of smut anyway, everyone else was voting for E anyway...)

BTW nice work on the CYOA so far. I have enjoyed it for the most part, I certainly couldn't have done a better job. At any rate I will do my best to vote on through the bitter (sexy) end, regardless! Looking forward to the next one too! Good luck!

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

E Its A trap! also unleash our spores along the way

Squishy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

E, run from the completly not a trap trap

OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Bad news guys; the wifi in my house has broken down, and I don't know when it'll be fixed. I can post this from my 3G phone, but I'm not writing a full update on it, lol.

Anyway, hopefully the issue will be resolved asap.

OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

OK, so I've plugged my laptop straight into the wireless cable, and apparently that works. Hopefully I'll get a new router tomorrow.

Annnnyway, Option E wins! There's a shock. ;)

-----​

It's a trap. It has to be. The guardian at the entrance to the Temple said that each layer had a deadly danger, and he's been right about every other thing. Walking on the soil here probably summons gigantic flesh eating worms from the ground...

"Wait, what?" Eve snaps back to reality and finds herself walking towards a patch of orange flowers. They loom in front of her, at head height, wide open and full... of... pollen...

Eve feels her hand reaching down to the folds between her legs, and snatches it away hurriedly. God, the air in here... for some reason she feels almost as hot as she did in the volcano.
The door! Got to make it out of the door!

Eve staggers forwards a few steps, vision swinging sickeningly. She claps her mouth shut and tries not to breathe in... but it's already too late.
Unnoticed to her, her right hand is rubbing furiously on her sex, separated from it only by the thin fabric layer of her dress.
It's too much to bear. Something explodes inside, and Eve throws her dress up in despair - before immediately sliding a couple of fingers into her dripping wet pussy.
She thrusts them in and out, completely overcome by desire, her mind a swirling whirlpool of lust. Writhing on the ground, moaning and fingering herself furiously, Eve tries to think straight - but can't manage it.

What she does manage to do, however, is catch sight of a particularly phallic mushroom, protruding from the grass just to her right.

Sweat running down her body (again) and fingers still lodged firmly inside herself, she squirms her way across the lawn towards it. Drawing her fingers out with a lovely wet squelch, she sucks them gently, one by one. Next (this plan making complete sense to Eve's demented mind) she pulls herself up into a kneeling position, trying to ignore her furiously burning cunt. Squirming even closer to the mushroom, she squats above it... and lowers herself down.

It slides inside without even a hint of resistance, smooth as you like. It feels satisfyingly thick and sturdy, so Eve props herself up on all fours, and begins to thrust up and down on it, crying out like a wild animal in heat. Up, down, up, down. It rubs tantalizingly against Eve's engorged clitoris, which has never felt so sensitive. The feeling builds inside Eve, reaching a crescendo...
And erupts in a wave of pleasure so massive, so exquisite, that Eve collapses on the ground. Her fall causes her to slide completely down the mushroom, burying its whole length inside her. Juices trickle down its outside onto the grass.

Groaning softly in satisfaction, Eve picks herself up off the slightly crumpled-looking mushroom. Standing up, she attempts to brush herself down, but there's little that can be done for the unsightly soil stains on her dress. Ah well.

Smiling, Eve strips off completely and takes a dip in the pond; she's confident nothing bad can happen now. In fact, as there's so little rush, might as well pass the time in comfort...
One hand grabs another thick mushroom off the bank, and slides under the water, down between her legs. The other reaches for her left left nipple, and teases it gently, rubbing and stroking, tugging gently on its hardened peak. Even though there's no-one around to see it, Eve smiles wickedly.

Some time later - time doesn't seem to have much impact in this place - Eve's recovered enough to make a break for the door. She still feels pumped, like she'd bang the first man she ran into regardless of the situation or his personal hygiene levels... but that's a concern for another time.

Feeling dramatic, she finds the wooden door at the end of the garden and kicks it open. This uncovers the now familiar stone staircase, and Eve strides up it confidently.
This time the entrance to the new zone is different - a huge piece of glass, double her height, set on a runner. She steps up just in front of it - and it slides open.

Wow. Eve steps out, blinking in the sunlight. All around her rise huge buildings of glass and metal, seemingly reaching into the sky (blue and cloud-free) itself. The paths are huge, covered in a strangely smooth black substance, and on them sit bizarre, motionless metal boxes, in a huge assortment of shapes and colors. They all seem to have 4 wheels beneath them and pieces of glass set into the metal... most peculiar.

The paths seem to stretch off endlessly in all directions, in a gridlike pattern that moves between the glass towers. It's not clear where the exit is...
Ah! A man! Clad in a black suit, with black glass over his eyes, pasty white skin, and absolutely no expression on his face... And a weird metal shape in his hand. Small but pointy and glinty.

He walks towards Eve, and as he does so he points it at her - before something explodes, and Eve hears the sound of smashing glass behind her.

Bloody hell!

-----​

Option A) Run!
Option A1) Run until we're very far away from whatever that was.
Option A2) Escape a good distance, but then double back and observe the man from a distance.

Option B) Try and reason with the man. Perhaps he's sane?
Option B1) Use Arouse I to try and make him more... compliant.
Option B2) Don't use Arouse I and just try to be intimidating.

Option C) Kill the man. Brutal, but required.
Option C1) Thunder Bolt III to the head.
Option C2) Fire Blast III to the head.

HP: 49/50
MP: 75/110 (restorative mushrooms, yay)
Corruption: 74/1??

Notes:
The Temple is supposed to test everyone that enters it. If we were less corrupt, the plants and their spores would have had us entranced for turns, perhaps until we starved to death. Being corrupt gave us just the hint of immunity needed to escape.
Conversely, being less corrupt would have helped out with the dragon, which could literally smell the evil on us (far from being a simple beast, it was very intelligent and sentient, but Eve never got the chance to find that out). Swings and roundabouts.

Now I'll spoil this by saying that corruption has absolutely no impact on the difficulty of this zone. :D

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

A2 run away then double back to babble about 'inside jobs' and the 'jews did it'