What's new

RPG [Lucifer Studios] Rise of Asmodeus

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So for awhile now, I've had it set up so that the player can pick items up by clicking on them (provided they are within close enough distance.) While testing the combat today I noticed you could actually click the enemy's weapon and the item is removed from the enemy's hand and given to the player. And I was able to kill the enemy with it. Pretty funny, but it's a bug and I've fixed it. Being able to swipe items from an enemy is cool though. Could be a talent perk or something later.

I think for most players, it will be easier to pick up items by simply pressing the E key when close to them. I've added that to my list of things to do. It also needs to be done if I want there to be controller support at some point, since controllers can't click things. Except steam controllers.

Edit -
Oh also, I recently added the ability for the player to lock on to enemies by pressing the middle mouse button. It's pretty slick!

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Check this out, I've created the skill check UI.

EDIT:

It's done! That red tick mark moves along the circle's circumfrence and the player will have to stop it inside the "box area" or bad things happen.
1590816617782.png

Lots of math went into the creation of this guy and I'm going to be really excited when players give feedback on it. Hopefully they don't hate it?
Edit again, when I tested it I realized the tick mark was too small ... I was straining to see it. So I made it bigger. I updated the screenshot

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've added some variance to how the sex scene progresses. As an example; once the player is defeated and thrown onto the ground, the enemy may choose to grope them or start tearing clothes off. What they choose to do is based on a few variables. While this is going on, a skill check may appear which allows you to punch the enemy in the head. :] Once they have chosen to do one action, the enemy has a lower chance of choosing to do the same action again. So he doesn't grope your boobs like 5 times in a row.

Now there is actually a chance the enemy won't even try to grope at all as well. They will sometimes just rip each piece of clothing off very quickly and then attempt penetration. :geek: This has a very low chance of occurring. Once this is polished and I'm sure there aren't any bugs I will begin working on building the first cave for the player to explore. Oh and the ripping of the clothes is animated and the item is unequipped and dropped in the world. (y)

So just to recap, we now have these things:
- Movement for all actors
- Combat for player
- AI for enemy
- stats to keep track of things like stamina/hp/dex/endurance/willpower/etc
- basic ui
- Sex

Some key features I'd like to add or imporove upon:
- Main Menu
- Cave to explore
- improved UI
- camera angles programmed into sex scenes
- handful of miscellaneous improvements I have written down in a notepad at my desk :geek:

Last edited:
OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
My AI needs some work. I had multiple enemies in the scene and something strange happened.

Enemy 1 beat the player until she fell to the ground, then enemy 2 came up to fuck the player. Enemy 1 then targeted Enemy 2 and beat him to death before he had a chance to do anything...

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Here's an update, I've perfected the enemy AI. And added some UI so the player knows what they can do once sex starts.
Capture.JPG

You can switch between third person, first person and you can also view from the enemy's point of view :)
You can now also switch to first person while playing normally. I've included an aim offset, which allows you to look around while in first person.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've spent some time fine tuning textures. Here you can see I've made sure that the eyelashes are using a proper two sided material. You can also see the subsurface shading here as well as I have a light pointed directly at the skin.
Also notice the bump of the skin and the "wetness" along the edge of the eyelid. Hopefully all of this makes the character more appealing.
Capture.JPG

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've added extra details to the player character. Namely, a "dirt mask". The dirt can be applied and strengthened or softened using some simple code I've written. I plan to use it to make the player dirty when she has dirty sex or rolls around in the dirt too much. I'll have it happen very slowly so it doesn't just magically pop up.

There will have to be a way for the player to clean themselves as well. The ability to clean yourself won't be in the initial demo, but I was on a roll with the textures so I just went ahead and did it.
DirtIntensity.png

And now I must sleep.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm getting closer. I want to add something to the sex framework that allows the character to be abducted. Basically, whenever a character is raped then it would check the last rapists "abduction point" then it would use that data to steal the player away to that location. Story wise, the player would blackout and they would have no idea where they are or how they got there. This is one of the features I want to include in the demo.

Capture.JPG

I need to have an area for all of this to take place in first. You can see above, I've been testing everything on top of a blank slate. So that is what I will be working on next. I'll be building an area for the player to explore, then stock it full of enemies. I've already coded in and tested patrol points so adding enemies that patrol the area won't be difficult. I can also make them walk around randomly or just stay in one place and play some animation, like a sleeping animation.

Once this is done then I need to do the following:
- facial animations (hard for me)
- switch the picking up of objects to use the E key (simple)
- create a main menu (easy peasy, may take some time to look sexy though)
- create save/loading (simple)

And the demo should be ready.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Working on the cave. The crepuscular rays look nice I think. Took this screen grab from first person view.
Capture.JPG

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have the full layout of the cave system and I am now filling it in with life. I've also implemented level streaming, which allows me to only load small sectors of the cave. I did this by creating a "persistent level" and broke up the cave into a bunch of smaller levels. When the player enters a bounding box associated with one of the levels, that level will load seamlessly. I'm hoping that this will eliminate the need for loading screens. On my machine, everything loads instantly.

I've read that AAA game studios use this same technology to create persistent open worlds without loading screens. It does require a lot more forethought, but I will continue to use this technology for the rest of the game. After the demo has released, I want to add an over world that would be connected with this cave, so the player could simply walk into this cave without the need for a loading screen. The over world, also needs to be chunked into sectors as well. This level streaming will also help the game run on potatoes and toasters alike.

Initially the over world would be mostly empty for obvious reasons. I am only one person right now, so filling a large open world will take time. Once an over world exists, the first thing I will include is a town and fill it with NPCs that have dialog, quests, etc.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've filled the cave with all manner of things. Mushrooms, roots, dust particles, human remains, statues, a portal to hell, light shafts, rocks, rocks and more rocks. I'm going to add a puzzle that I'm sure most people will solve faster than I ever thought possible >.>

But first, I'm going to implement a spawn system, so players will have plenty of enemies to fu- fight.

Here is my outline for the spawn system:
1. Retrieve all spawn points in a level.
2. Choose rand(3-5) of those spawn points
3. Spawn enemies into those chosen spawn points
4. Don't allow enemies to spawn again in this level until some predefined conditions are met.

Should include:
- Patrol point variable to assign a patrol route dynamically.
- randomized weapon

This will work very well with the level streaming I mentioned in the previous post. Because the cave is actually broken up into 6 different levels which are loaded on the fly, each one will handle it's spawn points individually. So you should see enemies in different locations doing different things each time you visit an area.

Edit: There were issues with persisting an enemy when the level unloaded, I had to write a system to keep track of enemies when they unload and reload them when the player came close instead of spawning new enemies.

Last edited:
OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I finished the spawn system. It works pretty dang well. I also updated the pickup system to allow you to pick up things with the E key (and added a E key graphic that appears above all items when you are close enough to pick them up) Holding shift, then pressing E, will instead activate the item's use effect. Working on facial animations now (They are done, I just need to add them to the game and write some scripts to make use of them at the right moments.).

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've posted more videos on my twitter! There's even one with a peak at how the combat works.

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm excited to bring you all the demo here:

There's a cool release video on my twitter as well.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
>7 Gigabyte demo
This better be good
>censored
uh oh....

EDIT: Well.... The framework you've got going is good. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's only really one animation/scene in the demo so far. Kind of a letdown after a 7 GB download, the filesize really needs to be compressed a bit at least. Also, the censorship is RIDICULOUS, do the breasts really need to be censored too?

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Threads merged.

OP
B

Beatru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
>7 Gigabyte demo
This better be good
>censored
uh oh....

EDIT: Well.... The framework you've got going is good. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's only really one animation/scene in the demo so far. Kind of a letdown after a 7 GB download, the filesize really needs to be compressed a bit at least. Also, the censorship is RIDICULOUS, do the breasts really need to be censored too?
It's now 4.5 gigs. There's three sex animations which are selected randomly, I'm working on new animations now. The defeat framework consists of 17 animations all together.

Yes the free version is censored so you can try the game out and see if you are interested in supporting it's development.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
It's now 4.5 gigs. There's three sex animations which are selected randomly, I'm working on new animations now. The defeat framework consists of 17 animations all together.

Yes the free version is censored so you can try the game out and see if you are interested in supporting it's development.
Forgot to mention it was closer to 14 gigs after unpacking it, but good on you for trimming it down a bit. Fair enough about the animations, I may have rushed through the demo.

I strongly advise against such aggressive censorship just to have something to paywall, but it's your call to make.