What's new

[Lupiesoft] The Menagerie [VN]

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [Lupiesoft] The Menagerie (2nd October Release!)

The last time you commented on the demo Jadex I gave those comments to the team and I'm pretty sure they tried to improve on it in someway.

The thing that was added to the game just before the final day were extra backgrounds for some of those non background scene's one or two have been bugged or won't load correctly and a fix is being put up this happened because non of the team or anyone in particular had time to test it out before the game launched.

A patch should be out within a day to include those fixes along with the opening video.

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The last time you commented on the demo Jadex I gave those comments to the team and I'm pretty sure they tried to improve on it in someway.

The thing that was added to the game just before the final day were extra backgrounds for some of those non background scene's one or two have been bugged or won't load correctly and a fix is being put up this happened because non of the team or anyone in particular had time to test it out before the game launched.

A patch should be out within a day to include those fixes along with the opening video.
That is great news, the opening sequence goes a bit smoother now. I'm really enjoying this game so far.

The characters are so interesting and different that the first major decision was difficult. Even so, I can sometimes see the difference between major and minor decisions, and I think that creates a great story where you don't feel pressured by constant major decisions. I also really like the setting and story, but I knew those would be consistent from the demo.

I tried getting through one of the stories, but I was so curious about the other characters that I ended up saving and taking a different path. So far this game is living up to the high expectations I had from the demo, for sure.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Happy you found it a smoother experience you made a difference ^-^

Updated the main thread to include a link to the sound track on Itch.io

We crept up to the no 1 slot on MG not sure if that happens on every new release but here we are ^-^.

madkins

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been looking forward to this since I played the demo about a month back, and I must say I'm not disappointed. The characters are all interesting and I felt invested in them during each storyline. I hope we get to see more of them in the future. I do wish there were more scenes in the game, but overall I'm impressed and left wanting more.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have a confession to make.

Literally ten seconds after seeing the screenshots, I was googling around looking for a torrent for this (don't look at me like that, this is ULMF, afterall, piracy is kind-of our thing)

(un?)fortunately I couldn't find one, so i'm going to screw around in the demo then possibly actually pay for the game. (shocking, I know)

I guess it depends on the quality of the demo and what sort of payment options I can use on the manga-gamer site. I don't really want to be using my card on a website I've never heard of before, and will probably never use again.

Ah well, demo first, everything else tomorrow. (he said at 4:30AM)

Last edited:
OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well I don't judge very much myself I know a lot of swedish and latvian friends that seem to find piracy much more normal, I can barely keep up with them telling me to play games, but when they find one they really enjoy they tend to buy it.

I'm kinda surprised no one knows about Mangagamer since I've worked somewhat in companies that are involved in localizing I know most of the main players. I guess its cause companies like Jast/Sekai/Mangagamer don't directly talk about their titles in the various adult communities, though I know a few monitor them, whilst Nutaku is showing a strong presence.

In the end even if someone pirates a title as long as they create conversation about a game it tends to be a good thing unless they despise it :D then it would of been unfortunate if they bought it in the first place. Then if they didn't like it no harm done.

I suppose the patreon model of an always free game and early access is a growing scene because of an option to this.

If i had updated my thread on hongfire they might of got on the case quicker. *edit seems like someones gone and made their own thread anyway*

Last edited:

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ah I finished the Jouya story it was really good. It does end up getting a bit emotional and I thought that was a good touch.

But my question is are there more scenes with Pru? She only got one in Jouya's story and shes so cute I was hoping there were more with her.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

We're looking into doing some bonus game content. My flat mate wrote Jouya's story so I'l let em know first hand.

"Pru is mostly in Jouya's, since she's Jouya's assistant. I'd be fine with writing bonus content for Pru though." Skow

xvolverk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any chance you'll offer this somewhere besides MG? The demo linked earlier in the thread was pretty fun, but MG won't accept my CC.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Taosym says hes looking into it. I'l give you an update and a Pm if we come up with any alternatives.

frostyone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

how do you unlock 2 last scenes ? and is it connected to what you do to the egg ?

Daverost

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So did the game just end for me after taking the sleeping aids because of the choices I made? I remember the demo ending at that point (and my demo saves are still around, not that I have any idea where they're hiding on my HDD), so I got kinda confused when that happened in the full game. Skipping through with some other choices does seem to get me to some text I haven't read before, though, so I guess I'm good?

It was just kind of awkward for the game to suddenly kick me back to the title screen like that.

I guess I'll have to just start a new game and make other choices if that's the case.

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So did the game just end for me after taking the sleeping aids because of the choices I made? I remember the demo ending at that point (and my demo saves are still around, not that I have any idea where they're hiding on my HDD), so I got kinda confused when that happened in the full game. Skipping through with some other choices does seem to get me to some text I haven't read before, though, so I guess I'm good?

It was just kind of awkward for the game to suddenly kick me back to the title screen like that.

I guess I'll have to just start a new game and make other choices if that's the case.
From my understanding the dreams are tied to most of the significant endings to the game as well as story progression so making the decision to suppress the dreams means business carries on as usual and the game ends

Daverost

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It wasn't a decision I actively made, but it was forced on me probably due to my other choices, but that makes sense.

I went in a completely different direction with my choices this time and I'm much further in.

E

erobotan

I guess it depends on the quality of the demo and what sort of payment options I can use on the manga-gamer site. I don't really want to be using my card on a website I've never heard of before, and will probably never use again.
Mangagamer is among the best publisher & website when it comes to Eroge. So you don't need to worry anything about your credit card :D

The other one is JAST USA

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Daverost: The general recommendation is to ignore the old save that renpy recognizes this happens across most renpy games. A fair amount of the pacing/text was changed from the demo edition so you might miss a thing or two out. Haven't extensively tested what loading those old saves do either.

Some of the writers are on a break atm so I won't be able to answer every type of question but doing my best to get them answered by me or the team in the general.

I've not done every option myself either personally and with the writers having worked on different routes of the game it takes a certain person to answer some things correctly.

I'm finding it pretty strange that people don't recognize MG and they've done a lot over the last 7-8 years or so. But like I said before I guess its the difference between what you recognize on this forum with the majority of stuff being dlsite links. Its not like "most" Japanese games localisers communicate around here.

Last edited:

ragm54

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Damn, just went to Mangagamer to buy it but it only accepts credit cards? No other payment options?
Well looks like I will have to download it somewhere or wait until it's sold anywhere else, I don't credit card and I don't plan to get one.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

ragm54: another user on the forum by the name of xvolverk had the same issues we sorted it out over pm but what we essentially did instead was pay the amount through itch.io for on the soundtrack purchase instead and then I handed a Key directly over.
Itch.io gives you digital receipt of your purchase along with the email/date/amount paid.

Theirs a old post on mg forums about options

I personally use a debit card just fine and personally wouldn't get a credit card either.

Though in the long run we are looking at the potential of selling it elsewhere or on our site directly. I'l consult some other adult devs about this.

ragm54

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

ragm54: another user on the forum by the name of xvolverk had the same issues we sorted it out over pm but what we essentially did instead was pay the amount through itch.io for on the soundtrack purchase instead and then I handed a Key directly over.
Itch.io gives you digital receipt of your purchase along with the email/date/amount paid.

Theirs a old post on mg forums about options

I personally use a debit card just fine and personally wouldn't get a credit card either.

Though in the long run we are looking at the potential of selling it elsewhere or on our site directly. I'l consult some other adult devs about this.
If the game was on a site that accepts PaySafeCards or PayPal that would be lovely, yes.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Whilst its not impossible to get paypal working in certain circumstances. The general gist is paypal doesn't work with adult games. This is the same reason you can't pay through paypal on Patreon.

Might I ask where else have you bought your adult games so far ?