What's new

[Lupiesoft] The Menagerie [VN]

ragm54

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [Lupiesoft] The Menagerie (2nd October Release!)

Well, I have to say I had big expectations of the game, and it has surprised me, this is even better than I thought, second good surprise after Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's well written and even without context you start to understand the story.

The art is excellent, it has it's unique style, and the protagonist is a futa, not very common, I like it. A little short for my taste, but, this is worth all the money I haven't paid that I will pay. Eventually.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, I have to say I had big expectations of the game, and it has surprised me, this is even better than I thought, second good surprise after Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's well written and even without context you start to understand the story.

The art is excellent, it has it's unique style, and the protagonist is a futa, not very common, I like it. A little short for my taste, but, this is worth all the money I haven't paid that I will pay. Eventually.
Well thanks non the less for coming to us with your opinions. Had quite a few comments about it being quite short. We'd love to rectify that in the future when we can support the writing team for more of their time. This release has done relatively well for us so far and has done more for us then our steam release this summer. Even without the option of youtube coverage.

Seems like Kimochi has contacted us and I'l talk to Tao & them again later about maybe making that an alternative location to obtain the game. I've known about Kimochi(formerly steamy) for quite some time so I'm interested in pursuing this.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Reviews have also started coming in for the game. In general we know what we need to work on first. We'l be looking at Asuma/Key route in terms of both editing/length and looking at adding some extra cg's to it. Comparable to other routes its a fair bit shorter.
Rather then just taking that feedback and improving it for the next game we're going to make some changes to it. Can't say when exactly they'l arrive but we want to make this a long lasting game that has value for the future.

imacatetc

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Reviews have also started coming in for the game. In general we know what we need to work on first. We'l be looking at Asuma/Key route in terms of both editing/length and looking at adding some extra cg's to it. Comparable to other routes its a fair bit shorter.
Rather then just taking that feedback and improving it for the next game we're going to make some changes to it. Can't say when exactly they'l arrive but we want to make this a long lasting game that has value for the future.
I'm so glad I'm finally getting to see smut from Lupiesoft! As an original backer for Dizzy Hearts I've been waiting anxiously for art and lore from this awesome world you guys are crafting, the smut is really just a bonus. It is a very well done bonus though, and something I hope comes to light in Dizzy Hearts as well as it did here.

That being said, I do echo some of the other concerns, I know you mentioned you were looking into them so you can ignore them really, I just so rarely feel strongly about a game that I prefer to get them off my chest with the positive.

- The transition syncs are off in places, so the pictures get confusing when they don't match the actions or jump ahead sometimes.
- The world is so woefully unexplored (this isn't a negative against the team, it just goes to show how much potential it has!).
- The Key/Asuma route definitely could use some additional art, what it has is fantastic but with as much feeling as the game explored between the two it could have had more!

I hope the game sold/continues to sell well for you all, I bought it as soon as I saw it was released and I'm very happy that I did so. I hope to see additional content be released (if possible!) for the characters we've been introduced to in the Menagerie and that they aren't forgotten in light of the bigger releases you have coming up.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm so glad I'm finally getting to see smut from Lupiesoft! As an original backer for Dizzy Hearts I've been waiting anxiously for art and lore from this awesome world you guys are crafting, the smut is really just a bonus. It is a very well done bonus though, and something I hope comes to light in Dizzy Hearts as well as it did here.

That being said, I do echo some of the other concerns, I know you mentioned you were looking into them so you can ignore them really, I just so rarely feel strongly about a game that I prefer to get them off my chest with the positive.

- The transition syncs are off in places, so the pictures get confusing when they don't match the actions or jump ahead sometimes.
- The world is so woefully unexplored (this isn't a negative against the team, it just goes to show how much potential it has!).
- The Key/Asuma route definitely could use some additional art, what it has is fantastic but with as much feeling as the game explored between the two it could have had more!

I hope the game sold/continues to sell well for you all, I bought it as soon as I saw it was released and I'm very happy that I did so. I hope to see additional content be released (if possible!) for the characters we've been introduced to in the Menagerie and that they aren't forgotten in light of the bigger releases you have coming up.
Its interesting to see one of Dizzy heart's backers here on the forums ^-^ The original team has grown/changed somewhat since then. Dizzy hearts is still what brought most of us together though & was the initial reason I joined myself.

The transition issues are another thing we're looking into it was mentioned on twitter so I suppose I absently forgot to mention it here to.

We explained some stuff to the new editor that has started helping us out after the game came out. It became apparent that there was a lot more we were not explaining in the game that we might of mentioned elsewhere or in lore posts. We knew about it but somewhere along the line we missed out the chance to explore/talk about it.

Whilst Asuma/key route will get some attention first as it is the area that most people have pointed at needing some fixing up in. The other routes will get their due extra content.

The launch has been pretty great so far. We(I) were a little worried how sales would go. Especially considering the lack of ability for most media coverage and a lack of sites willing to cover eroge. Yet they are doing just fine atm and its made a real difference for us on our sustainability.

Last edited:
OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Update from the team in regards to what Lupiesoft is up and a bit of direct information on whats upcoming for menagerie

"This title had some issues with its initial release, and so we’ve decided to patch the game. There will be new scenes, improved transitions and pacing, and most importantly two more erotic scenes per route! (That’s six total.) Some of the existing art will also be updated."

For extra early access to materiel or info you can support us over on patreon. Though when the vn is properly updated I'l make a new thread.

For those that don't want to wait and havn't tried it yet Menagerie is currently available on MG Along with the (Older Demo)
but maybe available on other avenue's at a future date.

For the latest info and other art samples.

Last edited: