What's new

LustFire Artworks

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: LustFire Artworks

How would you feel if I suddenly quit artwork entirely, abandoning all plans related to art and improving myself in the H-industry, REGARDLESS of personal situations?
I think you should put the answers in the proper perspective. To most people even the greatest H-artist (for me even musician, actor, writer) ever were to quit, it'd end up being a 'meh'. There are of course fanatics that will wail and claim the end times, just as with all media.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Recently, I've been asking around for commissions and finished one yesterday.

The next request, however, involves a character from a comic book series (Western). It boggles me when I have to compare my art style to the original substance, but how should I react to these kind of requests? I'm still interested in adjusting styles for the sake of gaining flexibility.

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, you're back into commissions.
Have you made pricelist already?

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

In the H-F Forums, I currently put a minimum price of $20, for 1 character. I'm leaning on raising that to $30 if I keep doing full CGs for each commission, though, but maybe after I finish a few more.

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

>>$20 for 1 character....
>>rising to $30
That is really cheap. You probably should add to pricing list options like background type (none, simple, detailed), and shading / coloring. (sketch, basic colors, detailed soft shading etc).
Either way, i think we still need one gameover CG for demo, so if you're back into commissions, pm sent :)

Last edited:
OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I HAD to do this for the sake of the holiday. I didn't show this to the original creator nor did I ask to get paid for this. This was entirely something I did on my own. As it was a speed paint, it is not reflective of the game (in development) and its quality.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Haha! You've spoiled two enemies! Someone's going to sperg out about that, I bet.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I HAD to do this for the sake of the holiday. I didn't show this to the original creator nor did I ask to get paid for this. This was entirely something I did on my own. As it was a speed paint, it is not reflective of the game (in development) and its quality.

she has elf ears? is that just for xmas or did i miss it

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Since I've been doing a few commissions and all kinds of goodies, I was wondering if anyone knows how it's like to transition from an Intuos 5 (small) to a 1,000$ Cintiq Tablet. As I'm also attending college for a Bachelors degree (unrelated to art), I'm still dependent to my parents and am in the same house I've lived in my whole life. But I can't rely on my family's funds forever, and I'm determined to live independently VERY soon (they're not really trying to persuade me to live outside, though). I'm taking whatever measures to up my game with artworks, so the expensive "screen tablet" has been in my mind recently. Plus, I might even get complete personal space if I can manage being the "alpha" of my living home.

Also, I decided to release a full sample of one of my animation set! I forgot to mention that I bought Spine, and reworked the same animation I showed last time. This program is amazing, and I made this WHOLE set only 3mb.. compared to my old method of making it 100mb. The program is still new, but it seems to get the job done perfectly.

In our Action-RPG, we will have the main character sprite fight other enemy sprites in a heavily Zelda-esque combat. Enemy sprites will also attempt to "grab" the main character, playing the CG animation on the right side of the screen. All players will have an "Arousal" status bar, and the sex animations will gradually increase their arousal. Once a player reaches max arousal, they will climax and lose some HP. Certain parameters and character progression will affect various consequences, such as the corruption level of the main character.

Balances will come much later in the development,as we still need a TON of art assets, both CG and sprites. I'm thinking "sexing your way" through overworlds sound ridiculous and repetitive, but hey.. you tell me. :)

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think choosing sex over escape was a thing in a roguelike h-game called... Snow Maiden, I believe? Where if she got a few levels in corruption by getting violated a few times, she could try to please them to get them off instead of resisting, if you felt like you couldn't escape with her current stats.

So, I suppose that sounds good. Even with such an ability in the game though, I don't think they made new assets for it.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, I cannot run that thing from your drop box. Dunno why. Probably windows 10 has something to do with it, but...

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Also, I cannot run that thing from your drop box. Dunno why. Probably windows 10 has something to do with it, but...
Try running the .exe with the other file (data.win)? I modified the link to a .rar file now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That works, danke. Will the corruption mechanic be permanent? Ergo, will she only be showing resistance for a time and then it's all happy face from there?

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That works, danke. Will the corruption mechanic be permanent? Ergo, will she only be showing resistance for a time and then it's all happy face from there?
I would make it a linear progression, like most games. The other important thing is how many things in the sexual experience can cause it to progress (such as initial penetration, climax, etc.). I'm thinking of possibly creating "flags" between each corruption status, if people are still interested in viewing the facial expressions of each type. Alternatively, I remember that the big circle, Acerola, had items for modifying the corruption status of their characters (a simple method).

This also ties into developing a desired balance between physical combat and sex. My rough idea is to modify both combat and sexual parameters in gameplay based on her corruption. However, this can be a problem if I don't decide to add "sex moves" for some enemies and bosses. Furthermore, because of my desire to also give the main character a "reverse rape" move, there can be a packful of CG animation (depending on how general I make them) and sprite work needed for each enemy.

tricky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey there nice artstyle it's very clean and easy to look at.
I'm curious which program ur using for painting stuff

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hey there nice artstyle it's very clean and easy to look at.
I'm curious which program ur using for painting stuff
Photoshop, with Intuos 5 Tablet (small).

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Love your stuff as always, getting better I'd say.
;)

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Finished a Danganronpa commission yesterday~

There's something about Photoshop's resizing that I figured out. I kept using the Billinear "Sharp" method, but it turns out that it kept most of my outlines pretty "edgy". I noticed the differences when I flattened my layers and used Billinear "Smooth" for downsizing, so I submitted the web preview after using this method. I wanna know which one everyone likes overall.

Billinear "Sharp"

tricky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like the upper version more.
I usually just use bicubic auto for resizes. Only thing I realized is that resizes turn out better when I do 50% 25% or 12.5% resizes. So if i need something with 700px height i usually paint it with 1400px and do a 50% resize. In what size do u usually draw ur stuff?
That Pixel repetition thing sometimes is useful too when u f.e. work with pixelart and you want to make it bigger so 200% resize turns a 1x1 square into a 2x2 square with the same content.
The artwork looks nice but i can't get over the nipple rings xD huge turn off for me
I'd add a black line where the floor meets the wall in the background.
nice detail on the characters