What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [LustFire] Trial of the Erect Sword

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
*If development updates are posted consistently in this thread, I will try to request deletion of the thread containing an abandoned project here: https://ulmf.org/threads/unity-trial-of-the-erect-sword-incubus-thrall.10306/

This project, TOTES in short, is still in early development, but I am actively producing the artworks and animations with all the support and time I am investing for the game demo and release. The gameplay is currently designed as a linear sidescroller where you control the female protagonist, named Shiroko. She will clear enemy obstacles with her two-handed sword and fight bosses at the end of each main stage. Our main appeal with this action gameplay is that sex will also be included in the whole process of eliminating enemies; enemies can attempt to grab and have sex with you, but the right conditions can defeat your enemies effectively by fulfilling their pleasure. Of course, that is if your intention is to beat the entire game with lots of sexual experience.. The story will revolve around the cursed sword she wields which is the central object of a worldwide phenomenon: every male living beings have their penis permanently erect. The fate of the world, whether it can be restored or not, is up to you.

H-Content:
  • Cum Inflation
  • Corruption
  • Fantasy
  • Large Penis
  • Tentacles
System Explanations:
  1. Health Points (HP) will not result in Game Over when it hits 0. You will merely be knocked down for a few seconds leaving you vulnerable to sex with a nearby enemy. Instead, you have limited amount of WIL which will lead to Game Over when it's fully depleted.
  2. However, you do not lose WIL automatically when an enemy reaches you and have sex. It is dependent on your Climax gauge, which accumulates from sexual activities. Each time you climax, you will lose a segment of WIL. Conversely, all enemies also have their Climax gauge and they will lose HP when they climax.
  3. There is a sub-stat individual to Shiroko and enemies called Arousal. This will directly influence how fast the Climax gauge rises during sex. Arousal can be indicated by the Blush opacity on Shiroko and hearts effect floating above enemies' heads.
  4. Sexual experience will add to your Corruption (or Lewd Disposition). This will also change how all sexual stats behave during gameplay.
*Detailed Document:

TOTES is being developed through GameMaker Studio 2, with help from a programmer who has experience with the engine. The in-game animations were initially pixel hand-drawn, but I have decided that the work became too strenuous for me to continue in the long run. The animations will, instead, be created through a bone-animating program called Spine which I hope will please everyone!

When development goes smooth, I will post updates on what has been done in preparation for a proper gameplay demo and modify this thread accordingly. Please be on a lookout when I come back with new posts!

The best way to follow my development progress is to join our Discord server here: (perma-link)

(Note: Due to bot concerns, admin requires users to follow the minimum criteria to grant access to server channels)

I also have a Twitter account, and there may be a few things to catch there.

Sample animation. GIF Export is pixelated on the edges, but GameMaker Studio 2's Spine runtime will display the animation with the correct quality.
Old costume.

Last edited:

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That animation is really smooth!

However it's hard backing something when all I have is a description. I hope a demo is coming out soon because this sounds like something I could totally back!

Good luck on the development.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
That's completely understandable. I started this thread based on a suggestion by someone, and I will use this as a reference and timestamp of my development. The truth is, I was almost ready for a playable test demo because I finished one of the enemy animation set in pixel animation. But I found that for many reasons, this art medium was not for me. So, just a week ago, I began to remake all my currently made sprite animations through Spine.

Once I am done with my current goal, I'll mark this thread as "Active" and advertise my Patreon

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Lustfire creating an action game? This has to be good.

I'm interested in one thing though, will there be ANY monsters except tentacle beasts and such? Considering large penis is one of the fetishes you named above.

Anyways, the sample pixel animation looks really nice, and I can't wait for any updates.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Lustfire creating an action game? This has to be good.

I'm interested in one thing though, will there be ANY monsters except tentacle beasts and such? Considering large penis is one of the fetishes you named above.

Anyways, the sample pixel animation looks really nice, and I can't wait for any updates.
I listed "fantasy", but I might need to assess the appropriate tags to stick to. What I meant with it was that I'll have monsters be fantasy-based, such as goblins, orcs, etc. since this "is" a fantasy-based world I'm making right now.

That means there will be familiar elements I can add, such as elves and mana.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score
with all the info I see on how sexual activities will fit in into the combat stuffs, will it include things like clothes destruction so guys will attack your nipples? or will she be fully clothed the whole time? im just curious since I cant tell just from the one picture alone.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
with all the info I see on how sexual activities will fit in into the combat stuffs, will it include things like clothes destruction so guys will attack your nipples? or will she be fully clothed the whole time? im just curious since I cant tell just from the one picture alone.
I'm still trying to decide this on a production standpoint. I thought about adding a Defense system with the clothes, with an added effect of Arousing enemies depending on what state you're at. But I am not sure if it's easy to make sex animations with her clothes on, so my plan is to make her sex animations while she's naked for now.

But in short, yes there will be clothe destruction.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score
The fact that picture alone tells me I can defeat enemies in lingerine has me excited for this game more then ever. I hope you have the best of luck working on it~

Lilimius

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
A bit sad you decided to switch from pixelated sprite, animations like this don't have much charm as the frames are usually not handcrafted but instead feature some Live2D-styled transforms. so the character feels awfully flat. Well, unless you add many frames to those animations as well instead of grabbing one and just transforming it.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
A bit sad you decided to switch from pixelated sprite, animations like this don't have much charm as the frames are usually not handcrafted but instead feature some Live2D-styled transforms. so the character feels awfully flat. Well, unless you add many frames to those animations as well instead of grabbing one and just transforming it.
Yeah, how dare he switch to an easier format for animating??

Jokes aside, animating sprites is fucking hard, live2D can help, while not breaking the illusion that it's a sprite

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There's certainly a stark difference between sprites and Live2D, especially when the sprites are well-animated. And as a sprite-obsessed freak, I always appreciate games with good spritework, even if the games suck from a gameplay standpoint.
That said, don't let disappointment deter you, @LustFire . The example animation in the OP looks pretty damn good, and considering most people say that using Live2D is much easier than frame-by-frame animation, it's probably a load off your shoulders, as well. Best of luck!

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for all the feedback. I know that there are a restrictions with animations other than traditional, since the sense of freedom isn't there anymore. Today, I just finished an attack animation for her and I'll try to work and post more for further feedback.

Also, I redesigned her main clothes to something a little more simple.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Hey, everyone~ I'll do a monthly update on what I've been doing so far. This month will turn out to be a productive one by the last day, since I've completed a couple animations so far.

I finished my MC's basic ground combo and I think a 3-hit combo is sufficient along with other special moves. This is her 3rd (last) hit in that string.

I also draw her pose when she gets hit by an enemy. Figured I also give this some squash and stretch, but I wanna see how it feels in-game once GMS2 gets the proper Spine update.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nnnnnneat. The bounce on the hit animation looks kinda goofy, but it might look different in-game.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Today, I finished all the essential animations I needed for my main character. It took some time ever since I made the switch, but I hope I can keep up the pace and get better at it for all the enemies I need.

I forgot to mention that I have a Twitter, so there may be a few stuff there I posted instead of others places.

My road-map for the game is going to consist of 6 stage themes, each introducing 2 enemies and 1 boss. Starting at Enemy #1 will be a slime, so stay tuned for another progress report~.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Do you really need that Arousal stat?
"There is a sub-stat called Arousal. This will directly influence how fast you and all enemies fill their Climax gauge during sex. "
I feel like the speed at which the climax gauge increases should be static or enemy dependent.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Do you really need that Arousal stat?
"There is a sub-stat called Arousal. This will directly influence how fast you and all enemies fill their Climax gauge during sex. "
I feel like the speed at which the climax gauge increases should be static or enemy dependent.
I clarified in my OP right now that Arousal is independent to the characters. But I do think it might be unnecessary when factoring in the effect "Lewdness" will have already. The intention was to use it as an advantage when sex becomes an option for elimination.

It could interrupt the flow too much if I add in a climax animation for the MC, so I figured the sex animation should continue until the enemy climaxes. Instead, I may animate a pop-up of her "climaxing" face when she does climax.

Yesterday, I revised my design document for public view, so feel free to take a look at the details:

Last edited:

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Is part of the curse to give the sword wielder breasts bigger than their head? Because goddamn you could suffocate somebody with those pillows.