What's new

ACT Patreon Unknown/Hiatus [LustFire] Trial of the Erect Sword

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I finished Enemy #1: Slime, generally speaking. I can easily go back and edit the animations to make some visual improvements. I didn't expect to finish in less than 2 weeks, but I think handling less layers made it easier to manage.

Idle Animation

The other animations are: Walk, Attack, Grab Attempt, Grab Restrain, Hit Stun, Defeated

Sex Animation (part 1)

So, to demonstrate part of the Lewdness (Corruption) system, there are 3 facial expression profiles based on the range of Lewdness she has. Although, her sidebangs are covering her face too much in this one. :x

Next up is Enemy #2.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
From what I've seen so far I'm pretty hyped for the demo, but I've been left with a couple of questions. Hope you don't mind if I ask 'em on here instead of discord.

How close are we to a demo? I know you said you were close before the art change, but I'm wondering how much there's left to go over.

Will there be any customisation for the main character? Anything from skin tone/outfit colour changes to full on hairstyles and outfit varieties for instance.

Will there be breast-focused and/or girl/futa on girl scenes?

Also... from an animator's perspective for the one scene you've posted, I'd say the... eye thingies on the slime should hit the character's behind rather than just slide under the thigh. IMO, it looks kind of odd that they don't make any physical contact with her but she reacts like they do.

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
From what I've seen so far I'm pretty hyped for the demo, but I've been left with a couple of questions. Hope you don't mind if I ask 'em on here instead of discord.

How close are we to a demo? I know you said you were close before the art change, but I'm wondering how much there's left to go over.

Will there be any customisation for the main character? Anything from skin tone/outfit colour changes to full on hairstyles and outfit varieties for instance.

Will there be breast-focused and/or girl/futa on girl scenes?

Also... from an animator's perspective for the one scene you've posted, I'd say the... eye thingies on the slime should hit the character's behind rather than just slide under the thigh. IMO, it looks kind of odd that they don't make any physical contact with her but she reacts like they do.
"Close" might've been exaggeration, sorry. I finished sprite animating 2 enemies, but was left with the boss of Stage 1 before I started changing everything. There are many other things I need to take care of, art-wise.

There's no customization planned. That's quite a lot to ask for, tbh, not just because I'm the only artist of the project.

Can't say anything about yuri/futa atm, but it's not my forte.

I faced a confusing snag while dealing with the Slime sex animation. I would be able to layer the eyeball in front, but it is causing complications with the "cum" animation part, since the cum fluids need to layer in front of the eyeball.

Overall, I have to make sure I get the game out with the important stuff I want to deliver.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
"Close" might've been exaggeration, sorry. I finished sprite animating 2 enemies, but was left with the boss of Stage 1 before I started changing everything. There are many other things I need to take care of, art-wise.

There's no customization planned. That's quite a lot to ask for, tbh, not just because I'm the only artist of the project.

Can't say anything about yuri/futa atm, but it's not my forte.

I faced a confusing snag while dealing with the Slime sex animation. I would be able to layer the eyeball in front, but it is causing complications with the "cum" animation part, since the cum fluids need to layer in front of the eyeball.

Overall, I have to make sure I get the game out with the important stuff I want to deliver.
Thank you for answering my questions!
You're right about focusing on the important stuff and getting a demo out soon as you can. Honestly, I was just nitpicking and asking about stuff you might have been working on in the far future.

In any case, I'm happy to wait on things. This seems like a title worth watching, so I'll be patiently following development. :>

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Been a while, but I've been going at a good pace so far. It took me 2 months to finish Enemy #2: Goblin partly because of a lot of events going on.

The next one might take just as long, even with full focus. I made a draft of the design, but I think I'm satisfied and will proceed with the animations of this boss.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Whoo, good that this game's still going, I was starting to worry about it.

The goblin boss looks pretty great so far too, I hope the design for him doesn't change much or at all. The strong bod n' cute face make for nice contrast.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
That loin cloth hints at something big coming our way. I bloody love the artstyle you've got going here. The contrast of the content, with fetishes and such, and the adorable drawings is amazing!

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
This might be sudden, but the next few months may either be life-changing or difficult.

In any case, I hope for the best results while I try to work on TOTES.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Holy fuck dude, that's some big news there. I hope the operation goes smoothly for you without any complications.

DaBouncer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm curious about how much further you have before you release a demo, do you plan to finish the boss then compile a demo, or do you have other tasks that need to be finished first?

OP
LustFire

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Hey. Sorry for the long silence. I actually had an operation on October, but I went through steady recovery.

So, I don't want to kill anyone's spirit so suddenly, but I probably should say this. I cannot develop TOTES at a steady rate due to lack of financial incentive and the time it would take to develop from start to finish (and it's A LOT I set myself up for).

Most importantly, however, I took a step back and began a new project that I'll expect to work diligently until April 2020. This project requires me to do about 10 CG animations in total, but there's other visuals to expect in the game. I am getting support from a publisher, so it's got me driven to build myself up in H-game production. And to be honest, it's probably more encouraging to have a major individual watch over my production progress.

Check out my Twitter post if you wanna see a taste of what's to come:

Higher-quality Video:

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Well, that is unfortunate. I've thrown the Hiatus prefix up on the thread. If there comes a time when you decide it's not worth continuing or that you will focus on completing this project, please let us know.