What's new

Mad God's Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Age of Worms

((You seem to have forgotten to give them an additional instruction. :p ))

Ashnod follows Melissa's lead, only standing in front of her, making both of them still rather visible due to his height.

"Aye. And before ya do, drop whatever ya looted from these folk. Unless ya wish to have metal in ya rather than on ya."

((Intimidate check from me as well.))

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score

((Bloody hell, you guys move fast when I have class...))

Teren turned and followed the pair outside of the inn, knowing that this could get ugly. Alas, the stronger or more cunning always get what they want. Such is the way of nature, he supposed. Ah, well, best be on hand in case someone needs their wounds tended.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Craig grins gleefully as he walks up to stand next to the dwarf and the redhead with the now glowing hand, fingering the short sword and morningstar hanging from his belt. "I'd advise you to do as the lady and the dwarf say gentlemen; you're outnumbered here."

(Join in on the intimidation.)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

As the tall woodsy looking fellow exits the inn to stand behind the dwarf, the red-head, and the grey-eyed warrior; the thugs hear the challenge and leave the shop to face the motley crew assembled. As they walk over their bravado quickly disappears and they drop their daggers.

"Dang it Marek, I knew we shouldn't have listened to Irontusk," whimpers the other shorter of the two.

"Quiet, ya wanna end up shanked in prison, he has friends ya know," says the taller one. "Alright we surrender, just don't hurt us," he adds.

((Ashnod and Craig use aid another to add a +2 to Melissa's check: No one notices anything through spot or listen checks.))
Roll(1d20)+16:Melissa
5,+16
Total:21 vs. 15

Roll(1d20)+4:Craig
16,+4
Total:20

Roll(1d20)+2:Ashnod
13,+2
Total:15

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(God damn that beguiling influence is useful. A level 1 character isn't supposed to succeed on a roll of 5.)

The fight having been averted, Craig asks the unknown dwarf "Well, what do we do with them now? And who's Irontusk?" Remembering his manners, "and what are your names, by the way. I'm Craig, Craig Winchester, at your service."

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score

"Name's Teren, natural philosopher your service," said Teren, bowing deeply. "Explorer of worlds, bringer of balance, servant of nature."

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

"Name's Mellisa. I'm a traveler." Mellisa said, adding her two cents to the introductions. She seems for a moment to forget that Eldritch energy is surrounding her hand - but after a moment she looks up and flicks her wrist. The energy vanishes, much as the flame of a candle might were it blown out.

"I agree with mr...Craig, wasn't it? Tell us about who put you up to this"

(Why did you think I took the influence? Warlocks might not have a big bag of tricks compared to other arcane casters, but they still have some very useful stuff. ^_~)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The thugs obviously spend all or most of their time on the street judging from their smell and appearance. The taller thug eyes you warily, "I may've surrendered, but I ain't saying nothing to ya." The shorter one just stands there shifting from foot to foot nervously.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

He turns to Craig a faint smile on his face. "I be known as Ashnod, and I'm a mercenary for hire. This just happened to fall on my ears." Hearing the taller man, he turns back to the thugs. "Jus' because ya surrendur'd doesn't mean we have to be done with ya. And I'm not so sure yer friend here will be as closed-mouthed as you with the proper... coaxing." He says, taking out his whetstone and sharpening his axe, now turning to the shorter one. "So, how many of yer fingers would ya like ter keep, thief? If the number be high, ya better start talkin."

((Intimidate again))

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After nodding to the two, Craig turns back toward the thieves, grinning sadistically, and says "Another good question is how many teeth you'd like to keep. You might want to hold on to the few you still have, after all. Might be hard to eat with no teeth AND no fingers." while glaring directly at the shorter ones eyes.

(Intimidate again, seeing as how pbird isn't doing it for us again yet.)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

The shorter thugs eyes go wide at the thought of being hurt and without even looking at his companion. "Irontusk just told us there'd be some easy pickins' here is all. We didn't mean no harm," he blurts out. "We didn't even break in the door was already broken when we got here. Just don't hurt me I'll tell ya anything you wants, just don't hurt me."

"Bah you always was soft, Flegon. Don't expect me to back ya up in the pits if he sends someone after ya." The taller one growls.

In the distance you can see a portly merchant walking your way with a guard patrol coming from the other end of the street.

Roll(1d20)+4: Tassadar
14,+4
Total:18 vs. 15

Roll(1d20)+2: Ashnod
1,+2
Total:3

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

(I can't be online and in this forum 24/7. XP)

"Right now there's only one thing we want to know. Who's Irontusk?" Mellisa steps forward a couple of steps, and says quietly "If you tell me, I'll do my best to stop those two, but if you don't well...who knows what'll happen?"

(Intimidate?)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"He's a half-orc who sometimes works for the Green daggers, down in Barge's End. He gives us tips sometime, I don't anything more about him, I swear." Flegon says.

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

Mellisa smiles in an actually friendly way this time at Flegon, and glances over her shoulders at the various other people.

"Anything else you lot can think of asking?"

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(I was wondering if it was gonna be a fat guy or an old guy for the requisite merchant. Lol, someone already rolled a critical failure. :p)

"The Green who? How big of an organization are we talking here? And what else can you tell us about this half-orc? How many fools like you work for him? How well equiped are they? Be....... detailed, if you will." I ask, (enough of this storyteller "Craig asks" crap) hoping to get as much information before the local guard drag Flegon off to some prison where he will be of no use to anyone. The idea of coming into conflict with a vast criminal organization was unappealing, to say the least.

Last edited:
OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((Sorry forgot to include the guy's description, he prefers the term big-boned))

"The Green Daggers is the newest gang in town, but no ones heard from them for a few months. Irontusk works somewhere's down in Barge End, he's about 6' tall, kind of pale, he has a large iron cap on his single tusk, and he wears a really snappy suit of leathers." Flegon adds as the guards and the other man continue to draw near. "That's everything I can think of honest."

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Don't worry about it. It's an NPC.)

"You're probably lying. Or at least not telling the whole truth. But that will do." Wait for the militia and the merchant to get here.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"In the name of Nerof Gasgal, Lord Mayor of Greyhawk, what goes on here citizens?" Asks the obvious leader of the guards, who wears a tabard with a silver lightning bolt grasped in a hand upon it, as they arrive at the scene. "Everyone stay where I can see you, and no funny business while we clear this up." He adds as the six guards draw their shortbows and cover the group assembled.

Meanwhile, the merchant arrives from the other direction and looks at his shop with horror. He quickly rushes in and looks around frantically. Apparently unable to find what he's looking for he rushes back out furiously. "Alright who broke in to my shop, what's going on here?" He says looking to the sergeant of the guard for answers.

(I'll wait to make sure everyone has caught up with everything, before continuing.:))

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Thanks. I don't want to have to carry the non-combat parts, my character is the worst negotiator in the group after the dwarf.)

I smile reasuringly at the guard, and say "Your intervention is most timely, my good captain. Or whatever your rank happens to be. We, that is, the dwarf, the druid, and the young lady here, were notified by the child of the owner of the pub just over there that this mans shop was being broken into by these two gentlemen. We intervened, and luckily there was no bloodshed."
Turning to the merchant, "They seem to have made something of a mess of your shop, I'm afraid. I apologize that we couldn't have gotten here sooner, my good sir."

(Yes, he's going to talk like a snide sarcastic ass for the entire campaign. :p)

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

"What the man says is true - we heard about a robbery, so we intervened. Fortunately once they were caught these two were quite happy to throw down their knives - which are still laying over there by the way - and cease their activities. Right?" Mellisa says, glancing over at the two robbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.