What's new

Madrigal OOC Chatter

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Madrigal OOC Chatter

All I have to say for brains is that my character (Although she has rather high brains) has never had the chance to use the missionary.

devild

Lurker
Reputation score

i like too keep brains down and in RP games often picking to play the lesser intelligent characters, that way if i do something stupid it can be classed as IC *shifty eyes* of course making use of every stat in the system is always quite good.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

i like too keep brains down and in RP games often picking to play the lesser intelligent characters, that way if i do something stupid it can be classed as IC *shifty eyes* of course making use of every stat in the system is always quite good.
I may adopt this style in the future. XD That's hilarious.

D: Pheonix hasn't even touched a man, has she?! *laughs!* Will this be a continued trend?

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

I doubt that it's unusual in the Burrows. Though, I was actually kind of expecting her to do something with Flaqus... Almost feel sorry for the guy, though he did act quite nobly.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Because I'm a weirdo, I like to make little stories in the back of my mind for all of the NPC's -- or at least make inklings of stories, since I'm too busy to decide on everything one way or another. Flaqus was able to get his (and not just from the mothertree, for all I'm sure he thought it was a good idea at the time!)

Flaqus is not nearly as noble as he made himself out to be with Pheonix. He's very good to new players to the cavern (as in, new faces) but he's the bane of Nest. Flaqus has a 'noble thief' theme going on somewhere in there. :D

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Hah, I didn't really catch that from the thread. I'll have to go back and read through it again. Well, hopefully we'll see more of him, in any case.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I didn't mention it very much; just in side reactions from other NPC's. Trying to build up a whole cast from scratch is challenging for me! XD I want to make the caverns so that everyone who makes it their home winds up knowing one another fairly well -- hence why they'd recognize newcomers.

Well, maybe not the firecavern as much. God damned partiers. X3

Speaking of which, I need to add that to the 'places' thread. I'm getting all backed up!

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know if I made this clear earlier but:

If your character has produced offspring, and those offspring are listed in the NPC pool (I'm a bit behind -- Alexis and Pheonix's two latest are still in waiting, as are Enhuvin's two newest!), you're allowed to pick them up to play at any time in the future. The only decision that you have to make while your character is still in Falia's cave is whether or not to buy extra traits for them! Those can't be changed once the offspring is running around in the Burrows!

Secondly:

Would you guys like the OOC option to sell off the offspring that you create for additional XP? This would remove them from the game forever, meaning that they won't be NPC's nor will you be able to switch over to them in the future. Right now you can do that anyways, you just don't get XP out of it.

Personally, I like seeing these guys run around and pop up in other threads. :D But if you want to stack up your XP, it could be a good option.

Lastly: if you do switch to playing an offspring, how about being able to switch back to a previous character at the cost of XP? (10xp?) Would that be a nice way to feel like you're not putting your first characters to pasture forever, while at the same time having fun with any new ones that catch your fancy?

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

<_< I don't play, but can I answer?

There really isn't all that much for the players to spend XP on, anyway. I'd say what players get from the normal things is plenty.

And yeah, the option to switch between characters would be nice, I would think.

Now I have a question, did Falia put Enhuvin to sleep for a week, as well, or what? Wasn't he still on the same day?

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Fair enough.

And you'll have to find out. :D

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Bed for me, you guys. :D Welcome back, Pheonix!

I should be back tomorrow most of the day. Since it's a holiday while I'm at work, and a rainy, snowy day too, I'm hoping it's going to mean a nice, quiet day!

Cheers!

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I added a few more NPC's to the NPC list, and added Ahket's and the Fire cavern to the places. I still need to add Neiomu's cavern (not like there's much to describe!) as well as more NPC's, including JKat's two brats, once she gets me their information. Still also need to tweak the game mechanics (I keep putting that off >_> <_< >_> <_<!) but I'll keep you updated.

I'm feeling a little burnt out at the moment so I may take it slow replying to posts. If it weren't for the fact that I was at work, I'd probably crawl into bed right about now! XD Probably something to do with the fact that it may start snowing again... my hibernation senses are getting twinged again.

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Awwwwww *hugs wallpaper* Don't worry, we understand that running an RP is tough :D

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Aw well, it's not that so much -- I'm really enjoying the threads on the go at the moment! It was just an earlier morning than I wanted (blech, 6am after going partially night owl) and slogging through icy mist this morning has left me feeling a little brain-drained.

XD I also feel really bad for Tillias, where I left him. Will definitely have to think something up to make him feel better!

Also, Rule, did you have anything planned with his sickness bit? X3 I feel like I'm missing something and should be helping him reach some kind of plot point, though I don't have all the pieces!

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm having a plot in the back of my mind, though it's warbled like ruwwik. I do know what he'll ask for when he manages to meet Falia, and that'll probably drive his own plot forward quite a bit. Until then it's pretty much a quest for sex.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh good, that's about the page that I was on, in terms of 'quests'. XD

Goldstein

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey wallpaper, Kattunge, if I say anything in the MC that contradicts canon, give me a shout, alright?

And, devild? I'll try to involve you soon. Sorry about having to wait!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score

Will do! You're a-ok so far for what I know.

wallpaper's gone to bed for the night though, I think.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh snap -- it wasn't so much that I'd gone to bed, as much as the home internet had cut out and the roomie had set up all of her studio around the router so I couldn't go down to reset the ISP. 9.9

Sorry, guys! I'll be back today to post around the work stuff that they've got me doing! :) I'm feeling a mite recharged again so I'm hoping to post back relatively quickly. ^_^