What's new

[Complete - Full] [Makura Cover Soft] 魔剣士リーネ - Leane of Evil Blade 1.27

Ruyne

Reputation score
Game:
Developer: Makura Cover Soft
Original Language: Japanese
Translation: English
Game thread: https://ulmf.org/threads/makura-cov...e-of-evil-blade-riine-re095489-rj095489.3237/

Hey, I've wrapped up translation of Leane 1. No AI Tools - figured I'd do it for practice and maybe to atone for watching anime on Sky7 as a kid.
This is my first game TL. It is a little rougher at the start as I figured out a good balance between using the literal meaning and intent in translation.

More detailed instructions in zip file, but a brief:

Download:

Note that this is only the patch. You can find the game pretty easily elsewhere, or support the dev if you can.
I'm in a moral debate too as Japanese sellers make it increasingly harder to buy/play/text hook their games. But respect to the OG, I just want to pitch in the patch.

Install Guide
- Extract and place patch.xp3 and patch2.xp3 in the main Leane folder (along with data.xp3, plugins, and leane.exe)

I've gave the game a general playtest and verified the scenes/main route/systems, but I've spent waaay too much time on this to test every conditional state.
If there are any bugs please throw them in the thread (excluding why can't I run on mac/non-japanese locale)
I'll try to address them for a short while after the patch is out. No promises.

P.P.S - Saves in the old version probably won't work, but I've included a full gallery unlock.

Attachments

• leane_cover.png
    leane_cover.png
    891.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited by a moderator:
Please update this thread to indicate if this is a partial or full translation.

Updated the mega link to 1.01 to fix the Spy -> Rescue action on prisoners
Updated the mega link to 1.02 to fix the error when discovering the holy cross in alamor village

Last edited:
I'm giving the translation a playthrough now. So far I like what I've seen.

I do see typos and some minor formatting errors here and there though. Would you be amiss if I did some proofreading? I can send the corrected files back to you.

Sure, I don't mind it. Though just for ease of change as I don't want to be tied to maintenance for too long - if you could layer the changes on top of their respective scripts (as opposed to separate word/excel/text files) and bundle them all together when you're done playing. Then all I'd have to do is do a quick check/compile and upload the updated patch.

Update 1.03 -> Fix issue when recruiting the Lizardman
Update 1.04 -> Translate "Manual" (help) menu

Didn't think many people would use the manual and didn't want to hold up the release for it as most of the contents are explained during the story. But there were a couple of comments mentioning it in other forums, and it kinda felt lame to leave out.

Also spent some time looking at improving the word wrapping, but it'd require a full recompile + playtest as well as breaking saves. So I'll hold off on it and do it for any future KiriKiri games.

Back