What's new

ACT Loli [Marume Works] Votom Eve (RJ402185)

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Note: There's a bit of a naming conundrum. The game exe name is Vottom's eve. But the dlsite name is Votom's eve.
1661706691934.png

Or is it called Bottoms eve?

From the same dev of Monster Fighter Boy Ashita we have another similar game but you play a female this time?

Gameplay description:
Its a standard action platformer with the maps and gameplay being similar to Monster Fighter Boy Ashita (I assume there's probably going to be a stealth mission too). New to this game is that there is a lot more text and after the first mission you head to your home base where you can go to the shopkeeper or talk to other characters

Controls:
Z - Dash (it has a overheat bar though)
X - Jump
C - Attack (you can hold C to charge up and do a special attack)
Space bar - pause or save the game at the world map\HQ screen
Up arrow - zoom in (this can be done even while not dead\incapacitated for some reason)
Down Arrow - Zoom out

You have 4 meters. One is a series of Health icons which is your health (you don't get raped on losing all health in this game, you actually just vaporize). Below that is your dash meter which will fill when you are hit by stamina draining attacks or if you dash. If it fills your magical girl loses her clothes and becomes vulnerable to H-attacks. You also have a heart meter that fills when you are being hit by an H-attack (or when you use magic attacks). The meter at the bottom of the all the meters is the super meter which when filled allows you to do a super attack by pressing ZXC all at once.

You can access English at the bottom right of the main menu. Save goes into the game directory.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Gameplay is kinda slow but the animations are quite nice. Great to see a pixel platformer releasing nowadays

OP
dood

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I don't know. This game seems like a major step down compared to the other games. In-game sex is only with ugly looking monsters. The female characters don't do anything yuri related (they do generate a CG rape scene after the stage is over though). The stages have multiple long stops where you just have to wait for the enemies to give up. Enemies are extremely damage spongey and flying enemies are really hard to hit. The upgrades for your special seem unanimously worthless despite their price and of course dying doesn't lead to any CGs since you just vaporize. I'm just surprised the dev who is known for putting so much animations and CGs into their work has made something this completely different in potentially the least best way. I prefer female protags but I'd happily go back to male protag if it means I'll actually be excited when the next enemy monster girl type shows up. It also doesn't help that the serious story is severely damaged by the MTL English translation.

The story also ends poorly too. The MC decides to continue working for their shady evil boss and even kills peaceful protestors. Then she confronts the magical girl and leaves her to get raped. The end.

Last edited:

unkownmyriad

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't know. This game seems like a major step down compared to the other games. In-game sex is only with ugly looking monsters. The female characters don't do anything yuri related (they do generate a CG rape scene after the stage is over though). The stages have multiple long stops where you just have to wait for the enemies to give up. Enemies are extremely damage spongey and flying enemies are really hard to hit. The upgrades for your special seem unanimously worthless despite their price and of course dying doesn't lead to any CGs since you just vaporize. I'm just surprised the dev who is known for putting so much animations and CGs into their work has made something this completely different in potentially the least best way. I prefer female protags but I'd happily go back to male protag if it means I'll actually be excited when the next enemy monster girl type shows up. It also doesn't help that the serious story is severely damaged by the MTL English translation.

The story also ends poorly too. The MC decides to continue working for their shady evil boss and even kills peaceful protestors. Then he confronts the magical girl and leaves her to get raped. The end.
TLDR: Marume Works kind of dropped the ball.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The story also ends poorly too. The MC decides to continue working for their shady evil boss and even kills peaceful protestors. Then he confronts the magical girl and leaves her to get raped. The end.
Well, that sure escalated quickly

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
so the recollection is only for CG mode?

no sprite gallery?

OP
dood

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
so the recollection is only for CG mode?

no sprite gallery?
Yup it seems you have to fight your way to all the enemies and bosses again. Some of the stages don't even have a boss that can H-attack you. Like I was saying, this game is a huge step down from what Marume works usually makes.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Already missing his male protag titles. Absolutely zero interest in this one, but no shade to anybody who enjoys this content.

IntrepidMoon

Reputation score
You have 4 meters. One is a series of Health icons which is your health (you don't get raped on losing all health in this game, you actually just vaporize).
You don't always vaporize, it depends on what attack kills you. For example, if you are killed by the giant fly while it is grappling you, you fall to the ground, kick and scream (without sound) for a bit, then a cloud of larvae burst out of your stomach.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I prefer female protags but I'd happily go back to male protag if it means I'll actually be excited when the next enemy monster girl shows up
In-game sex is only with ugly looking monsters.
Does not compute.
That's like... literally every FeMC game ever.
dying doesn't lead to any CGs since you just vaporize.
The way sex is integrated in this game is better than Monster Fighter Boy Ashita. Not talking content, cause I hate FeMC games' sexual content, but just integration.

It doesn't happen on a separate screen like MFBA. Instead it happens on the main screen.

90% of enemies have sex grabs. To start the adult content, you have to exhaust your protagonist with overheat. That overheat is your stamina. If you dash a lot just like MFBA you can max out that meter, and enter a state where you can no longer dash. In this game though, getting hit also increases that meter.
Once overheated the enemies can grab you.
The upgrades for your special seem unanimously worthless despite their price
The only good special is the last one. It's the pseudo-immortality ability that sometimes drops in the game. It's absolutely busted.

Regarding the story. I'd prefer shitty MTL to no translation and no hope of translation.
The narrative though I agree with you on.

I was rooting for the main character to get her act together when the villain called herself the villain the entire story. But it turns out she's just an apathetic idiot w/ no human morals.
Good news is, this isn't the end to the story. The story continues with the next game, following a male protagonist and monster girls, as they fight against the oppressive regime. Main character here will probably return there as a villain.

Hope she dies. It's the only way to have a satisfying conclusion to her arc.

TLDR: Marume Works kind of dropped the ball.
Not if you're a maledom fan. Game's still pretty high quality. The stages are longer than MFBA, and the powers are more varied and unique.
Not only that but the erotic integration is better since it happens as you explore rather than in a game over area.

I just think he gathered certain fans with his previous games so gaining the other kinds of fans is hard.

OP
dood

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Does not compute.
That's like... literally every FeMC game ever.
What? There are plenty of female MC games where the monster either is transparent, isn't an obvious male allegory (or a male) and the camera focuses most on the girl. The best parts of this game are the tentacle animations but they seem kinda recycled after the first one.

The only good special is the last one. It's the pseudo-immortality ability that sometimes drops in the game. It's absolutely busted.
It doesn't do any damage to bosses. But yeah its pretty good I guess, but default is safer to use.

Game's still pretty high quality. The stages are longer than MFBA, and the powers are more varied and unique.
That's where I disagree heavily. The stages aren't anything special from Monster fighter Boy Ashita. The game is much shorter than it being constrained to only a single stage and while the combat is technically better it isn't exactly good enough to save the game (no dash attack really screws with the game's fun factor because basic attacks aren't fun and magic attacks aren't great either since you can't swap powers mid-game).

Only upgrade is that the h-animations are actually in game now. I'd be more positive if the h-scenes were more to my taste though as the only things I enjoyed are the tentacles and the game doesn't even have an animation gallery for some reason. It's a step down but by how much is debatable and up to the viewer I suppose. Even if you didn't enjoy playing through the game, at least you didn't have to deal with a hard balls to the wall stealth level.

Last edited:

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Unsaid has some solid points, also lmao at this
Hope she dies.
Yeah, this game is fucked up aight.

Btw guys, question, this game HAS story text, right? but, is there any h-scene story text? or just animations? no game over events even or something? just wondering

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
What? There are plenty of female MC games where the monster either is transparent, isn't an obvious male allegory (or a male) and the camera focuses most on the girl. The best parts of this game are the tentacle animations but they seem kinda recycled after the first one.
Ok I was exaggerating when I said every game, but I thought that was obvious hyperbole XD
It's just 90% of FeMC games that have ugly bastards and girls getting raped by monsters. There is a minority of games that don't do that.

Just thinking it was weird that a fan of FeMC games complained about the sexual content in this game when almost every FeMC ACT game I can think of has similar sexual content focus. Doesn't make sense to me.
It doesn't do any damage to bosses. But yeah its pretty good I guess, but default is safer to use.
Nope, it's the best. It does do damage to bosses but not much. It also blocks projectiles because it creates projectiles around you at random so you can focus more on attacking.

That's where I disagree heavily. The stages aren't anything special from Monster fighter Boy Ashita. The game is much shorter than it being constrained to only a single stage and while the combat is technically better it isn't exactly good enough to save the game (no dash attack really screws with the game's fun factor because basic attacks aren't fun and magic attacks aren't great either since you can't swap powers mid-game).
Nah, there are more map gimmiks than just the jump platforms like quicksand and other stuff. The stages are longer and more varied in design.

I think on a general design level there's an improvement. Also... length wise Votoms' Eve is the same length as a single Monster Fighter Boy Ashita game. Monster Fighter Boy Ashita the 3 part series though is longer. It even uses mini-bosses well.
Only upgrade is that the h-animations are actually in game now. I'd be more positive if the h-scenes were more to my taste though as the only things I enjoyed are the tentacles and the game doesn't even have an animation gallery for some reason.
Again... it's a FeMC game so... the surprise you have is more surprising to me, but the lack of animation gallery is strange I admit. He already has that system in place in other works so it shouldn't have been that hard to include it.
Btw guys, question, this game HAS story text, right? but, is there any h-scene story text? or just animations? no game over events even or something? just wondering
I skipped the h-scenes cause I'm not a fan of maledom rape.
I don't think I missed anything in the story though.

The game has non-avoidable sexual content unlike Monster Fighter Boy Ashita. In Monster Fighter Boy, the only time you'd get adult content is if you lose or the bonus stage.
Votom's Eve however has improved the sexual content integration, by having the assassins sent to kill you get raped by monsters when they fail.
The nicest and kindest character in the story gets the worst rape at the end too.
I mean... rarely does a dev switch tones like this between works, but I seriously do not want the protagonist of the game to ever be happy. Like she seriously needs to die. It's the only way I can see her character arc ending in a satisfying way after she does what she does.

It's smart tho.

The shit she does is egregious to the point I don't even feel bad about her getting raped by monsters by the end. Not that I ever find it erotic, but I'm just dismissive about it instead of feeling bad about it.

OP
dood

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Unsaid has some solid points, also lmao at this

There is one game over event. If you lose to the final boss. Otherwise the rest of the scenes are from the girls you beat in the stages.

Kyosuke91

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I just came here to see a cute Magical Girl being defeated and raped, but found an argument and dead wish to her lol

Actually I skiped the texts, so I have no idea why lol

Kazuka13

Reputation score
I learned you can use cheat engine on this game to mod your HP... each heart has a value of 100 so 9 hearts means 900 HP. This is under a 4 byte scan.

I don't know how to get the values for the KO and heart meters though... they seem to ignore anything I change it to. tried figuring this out cause any rape animations has to be done in-stage. they don't have a CG area for that.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
an argument and dead wish to her lol
I mean that's just me.

I don't want her dead cause I hate her, even though I do.
I think the most satisfying conclusion to her narrative arc is her dying.

Don't you hate how bad people in manga/anime and just... fiction in general do bad things, and then just because the viewers like them, they get redeemed?
I've never been a fan of that. Especially in Shounen.

This heroine does terrible shit by the end. She passes the point of redeemability and I personally think the only satisfying way her character arc can end is if she dies.

OP
dood

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I'm not even sure the MC is a magical girl. I thought she was more a reaper than anything else. The pink-haired girl is more of a magical girl than our MC is.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Don't you hate how bad people in manga/anime and just... fiction in general do bad things, and then just because the viewers like them, they get redeemed?
Viewers liking them or not doesn't seem to have any effect. Alot of really detestable villains never get what they deserve in animu, if they do die it's typically painless and in combat. Honestly it's really frustrating that torture of villains is so exceptionally rare. Seems to roll into the naive narrative of good people do bad things.

Last edited: