What's new

Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight (not a progress update)

LanceRPG

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight

It really looks well made ,
as a developer too, I know it must take you alot of time.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

[...][...][...][...]
Yo ER, it would be muuuch appreciated if you could just edit your first post when you have added thoughts or extra opinions regarding something; rather than posting again and again.
Proper thread etiquette and all. ;)

Keep up the good work, Heiyuu!!

sandchainz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Just noticed the test version.
Looks very good, I like it!
Great job man :D

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Fullscreen is fine, thanks! You might want to mention that in the readme if you haven't already.
ah good, also yeah its in the instructions.txt file

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@ER786647
thanks!, to me it is very important to make enemies diverese, i really don't like h games where the enemies are repetitive or just humanoids with sligthly different features, for voice and sounds, im still seeing what i can do, i'd have to find a VA who can do a decent dandere

@sandchainz
haha yeah, seems like the forums have been busy, but atleast thats a good sign, thank you too

@zipetya
i'll try, no promises lol

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's great to see this thread being interacted with.
Haven't tried out the games yet but, I'll give it a shot when I do have the time for it, going to give out some words of what I think about it once that's done.

Oh right before I forget, the art style is superb !!
Perhaps one day you and Kyrieru would to collaborate, that'd be quite something.

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's great to see this thread being interacted with.
Haven't tried out the games yet but, I'll give it a shot when I do have the time for it, going to give out some words of what I think about it once that's done.

Oh right before I forget, the art style is superb !!
Perhaps one day you and Kyrieru would to collaborate, that'd be quite something.
thanks!, and sorry haven't made any updates, job stuff has been keeping me pretty busy, was planing on doing things this weekend but i had to visit family members, but imma have some days off soon, soo imma try and focus on working on them

and yeah, actually you could say ushiero was basically a collab idea we worked on, he actually did some design art for the bunny girl while we figured out her outfit and some the story ideas

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

At the risk of sounding contrarian; can we please slow down our enthusiasm a little? :confused: I look forward to this project as much as the next guy, but this thread is already 8 pages full of praise with merely an alpha-demo that showcases the engine being out.
This isn't adressed at the Heiyuu at all, rather at the people posting, I can't be the only one who's always disappointed seeing the thread bumped only for it to be more praise for progress that hasn't been released yet. I'd rather see the next bump be related to the game's progress, and the praise and feedback being preserved for that.
To reiterate, this isn't me being critical of the project at all, take as much time as you need Heiyuu. Its more about me (and many others I presume) wanting to keep up-to-date with the project only to be disappointed every time this thread is bumped.

Of course this could all be sidestepped if Heiyuu has any form of social-media we can subscribe to, if something like this exists I'll just use that instead to keep up-to-date.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I mean other than that guy like quatripple posting a page back, it mostly seems to be people just one shot messaging, you can't really blame anybody for that when you yourself are posting in here lol. Of course if the dev posts a lot, there will be frequent interest. Not like these are necros on a dead project or something (That pisses me off, like what happened with cherry poi threads for years lol.).

Agree that he needs a blog or something though.

Last edited:
OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

ah, sorry i didnt know that was becoming a problem, well the main reason i dont do a game dev blog is because i feel it is too much work for not much, since that would just mean people/and me would have to go two places, and the thing is that i wouldnt update it that many times, for a whole blog to be dedicated to just like 5 or 6 posts max, it seems like a lot of effort for nothing, and i prefer to interact directly on here.

that aside i was trying to see if i could edit the thread name so i could change it to say whether or not theres a new update on the game, so people know when theres an actual update, and not me just interacting on here

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ah, sorry i didnt know that was becoming a problem, well the main reason i dont do a game dev blog is because i feel it is too much work for not much, since that would just mean people/and me would have to go two places, and the thing is that i wouldnt update it that many times, for a whole blog to be dedicated to just like 5 or 6 posts max, it seems like a lot of effort for nothing, and i prefer to interact directly on here.

that aside i was trying to see if i could edit the thread name so i could change it to say whether or not theres a new update on the game, so people know when theres an actual update, and not me just interacting on here
I'm sure you can, considering you're the OP of the thread. :D

Personally, i agree that just having one place where you post your works is much simpler and less work, but sometimes, having a blog or the likes of your own could give you some kind of additional freedom, ownership, and authority.
-Freedom: Unlike this thread, you can derail your blog a little to write something, whether it's about the game or not.
-Ownership: By having your own blog with development infos of your game, you sort of establishes that you're undeniably the creator.
-Authority: Cuz in a blog, you're the only one who can post things (usually others can only comments on your posts), you have the biggest authority.

Well, i say maybe hold on making a blog until you've decided to make games that will be on a bigger scale.

Last edited:
OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight (not a progress update)

well i have a blog, but thats mostly for non game related things, just practice stuff and sketches, someone linked it a bit back ago, but i'll add it on the main post, cause im sure people will start saying i died/project is dead if i don't

sadly i havent had time to work on the game as much, at max i have two days a week to work on it, and thats only if i have the motivation to do so, but theres been a lot of life/work stuff going on apart and its been pretty hard to get back into it, still doiing little things here and there but not enough to show, which is why i hadnt been on the thread for a while, i apologize for that ;w;

(link to my regular blog is on the main post)

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Masamusume Demon Moon and Ushiero Bunny-Knight (not a progress update)

sadly i havent had time to work on the game as much, at max i have two days a week to work on it, and thats only if i have the motivation to do so, but theres been a lot of life/work stuff going on apart and its been pretty hard to get back into it, still doiing little things here and there but not enough to show, which is why i hadnt been on the thread for a while, i apologize for that ;w;
You always said that working on the game is not your main focus in life, so setbacks are expected. Just don't drain yourself, the work you've done so far looks lovely. Real life should be your main priority anyway, I hope you get things sorted out and have easier days ahead of you. Ganbatte! :)

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

thanks!, gonna be working on the game today, gotta design one more enemy for masamusume since i feel like theres something missing to the enemy lineup, apart from that gotta get some animations for the zombie done same with the spider and finally gotta start fixing some of the programming of the animations in game

also did some drawings trying to get how the girl will look, passed it through that pixel filter, its pretty cool, also helps i drew it in a small size

Last edited:

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

also did some drawings trying to get how the girl will look, passed it through that pixel filter, its pretty cool, also helps i drew it in a small size
Heh, it does look pretty good.

Also, in regards to the enemy line up, are planning to have the bat as just a 'flying trap' to avoid, or are you intending for all of the foes to have animations?

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Heh, it does look pretty good.

Also, in regards to the enemy line up, are planning to have the bat as just a 'flying trap' to avoid, or are you intending for all of the foes to have animations?
you mean the crow? cause i think thats the only one that wouldnt have an animation, thats actually why i wanted to do another enemy, i was trying to see if anyone had an idea, but i guess i'll go with something simple

blackshot19

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Maybe you could do something different like a possessed flying carpet (or some other similarly sheet-like object)? If the player collides with it it can wrap around them instead of dealing damage and drop them to the ground until a ground mob comes by and grabs them or until the player struggles out?

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

you mean the crow? cause i think thats the only one that wouldnt have an animation,
Aww, shame.

thats actually why i wanted to do another enemy, i was trying to see if anyone had an idea, but i guess i'll go with something simple
Well, if you're basing the foes on Japanese demons...

Maybe take out the claws, but a demon bird-headed serpent would be pretty cool.

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

its a cool design, problem will be adapting it to sprite/pixel, for some reason that messes me up sometimes, you gotta find the balance between making it a bit cartoony and also close to the source

OP
Heiyuu!

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score

bleh my days off got wrecked because of memorial day, basically gave me my two days off that are suppose to go together seperate, still worked on the game, but only managed to work on tiles for another area, which i still dont like the colors and i'll have to fixem later on, also bad template bushes

Attachments