What's new

Member Announcements Thread

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

Of course.

But my shrink told me to start opening up. So I am. And... I love it. I'll never be a social butterfly, but at least I can be social with my classmates without fear of getting horribly rejected.

I should start writing journal entries again, and take them to my shrink for each session.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

meh, shrinks. All they want is your money, thats why I've never gone to one when people have suggested I should. I'm perfectly fine without one.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Actually, mine is a really funny guy. He's definitely helped me a lot, and it's noce to have someone outside of the situation to talk to when shit goes down.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've found that the greatest shrink around is myself. And although this has rendered me horribly insane, I'm a happy person. :D

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol I'd try your method but I'm nothing but a big ball of paranoia and hate. I do more damage to myself than others do.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh, If you just live your life and take pleasure in as much as you can, I think I can do fine without a shrink.

I just need the wind and the sun:D

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Meh, If you just live your life and take pleasure in as much as you can, I think I can do fine without a shrink.

I just need the wind and the sun:D
and a rock

Can people stop knockin my future profession :(
I hope we can agree that, even if we ourselves don't need one, it can still be a convenient service to some?

Glad to hear things are working out!

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

*huggles Toxic* You wanna practice headshrinking on me? lol

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Actually I feel kinda out of it, for some reason I have dropped everything to do with psychology for like 4 months.
Don't know why.

Always a listening ear though, if anything, a shrink can be sometimes substituted with just a good friend.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

What field you wanna' go into, Toxic? I'm gonna' either do Child Psychology or Sexology. :D

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What a coincidence. It's funny how every time I say I excel at sex and children, I see everyone's face go all funny, then I have to explain I mean that separately.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

What a coincidence. It's funny how every time I say I excel at sex and children, I see everyone's face go all funny, then I have to explain I mean that separately.
SUUUURE ya do... sure y--- oh, wait, sorry, that's Oni.
NEVERMIND.

:p

But yeah, my one friend is going for psychology, I dunno if she has any field she's specializing in, but she's a natural at it. It's awesome, I get free sessions :D ..... although, sometimes, it's not by choice >.<
Hell, sometimes it even goes the whole 'chair-swap' direction, and I'LL be the shrink with HER as the patient suddenly, and I don't even know how it happened.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

We're a tricky people. It's like being a mind-reader, but it's hard to relate to people, cuz you pick up people's tendencies and submeanings very easily and you don't have any scale to gauge on whether or not everyone else picked up on it. I feel like I'm assuming everyone around me is a dumb child when I say "Yo, did anyone else notice how pissed that guy was?" and I didn't realize everyone else saw it too. But at the same time the very opposite will happen, and you'll find yourself confusedly trying to explain why a mouth twitch represented a general distaste to a situation and everyone's looking at you like "what the fuck are you talking about?"

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Hmm... maybe that's why sometimes I'll wind up being the one with the clipboard going 'mhmm, mmhm, mmhhmm...' ... I tend to be able to read people decently enough to know how to act around them, and I know some of the buttons to push to make the situation go one way or another.

Heh, I've had to explain quite a few times to quite a few people why someone stormed off or kind of went off silently, but only once or twice have I had it where everyone else picked up on the same things I did.

Funny thing is, I seriously have - hell, still am - considering majoring in psychology. The problem is, I'm a lazy bastard >.< . Maybe I'll just be a guidance counselor or something... I could be Mr. Mackie ;p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's weird, it's part of the reason that I feel psychology isn't really a science, which it technically isn't especially considering it's entire standpoint is based on "individual variance" and sure I can see the beneficial purposes of it, but it's something EVERYONE does. You study it naturally by just being. A average 4 year old doesn't know how to suture a wound, so that's seen as an important science down the line, but everyone knows, "If I steal that kids cookie, he's not going to like me"

Obviously, I used very bastardized metaphors, but I mean, you get my drift. Everyone is a psychologist, it's all based on degree.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yeah, Psychology is more of something you FEEL, but everyone tries to make it seem like the hardest thing to do. I mean, yeah, you're trying to get to the bottom of a serious issue that even the person themselves doesn't know how to resolve, but a lot of times all it takes is simply an outsider's view on it.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Alrighty guys, last post from me most likely! Lots of love and don't blow up the forum while I'm gone.

Be back Sunday night, late