What's new

ACT RPG Maker [Mephisto] The Magical Diary of Yoiya and Enbu 宵夜と炎武と魔法の日記 RE181099 RJ181099

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, the Mephisto behinds Kunoichi Ninpocho.
This time featuring the girl from Diary of Yoiya and the purple hair from Ninpocho.

Trial is to come later this month.

Coming early August.

That said, not sure if I like the new artstyle.

So the announcement on dlsite got updated with a demo.
Mechanics, as far as I can tell:
  • You walk around the level finding a key, then an exit, to get to the next stage
  • Levels have enemies wandering around. Walking into an enemy from the rear kills them, any other angle attacks you (I'm sure there's a joke in here somewhere...)
  • When attacked, you initially lose clothes, once you're down to panties get groped.
  • You have a yellow HP and a red arousal bar. Reaching full arousal while groped initiates sex, reaching 0 HP takes out the character.
  • Some interactable elements tick up the diary counter in the top left, others decrease it
  • On sex, you service as many guys as the diary counter - if 0, you don't get any sex scenes.
  • Switch active character with Q, run with W
  • According to mechatranslate, there's hunger and thirst mechanics again, not sure where they are displayed. Thirst prevents running.
  • There's traps on the level that reduce clothing by 1 when triggered, this also removes panties. Once you're naked, they do HP damage instead.
  • Enemies sometimes flash pink, which makes them grope both characters if they attack you. Panty-less is supposed to trigger this too.
There's also a gallery mode that consumes trophies gained from ingame, though I haven't quite figured out controls for it.
Q and W ond the gallery selection screen purchases animations, requiring tokens displayed at the bottom.
Selecting an entry that has items unlocked lets you do... Something? You can select stuff, and animations play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuukun

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [Mephisto] 宵夜と炎武と魔法の日記

What the fuck is wrong with their eyes?! :eek:

tontje

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Devs were stoned while making this 100%....

Maryel

Lurker
Reputation score

omg this guy was still alive? i thought he died around 10 years ago i wonder what happened

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

im starting to wonder if this guy can actually draw but does it bad deliberately

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

After all this time, and the things which he does, I've actually started wondering the same thing myself :confused:

In either scenario, not sure if I like the new art style either, but if there is one thing his games excel at it's definitely being more complex and rich than just another typical RPG, so I'm keeping this on my radar.

Assc0bar

Lurker
Reputation score

Thats an actual improvement compared to his old art...
Still looks like shit though.

sgb3

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thats an actual improvement compared to his old art...
Still looks like shit though.
I don't know, that looks worse than the Miko game IMO. The bodies might be a little better but those faces are horrifying to the point of distraction, even if it's intentional.

omg this guy was still alive? i thought he died around 10 years ago i wonder what happened
Apparently he got a lot of complaints and criticism on his forums about bugs and crashes in his last two games (totally justified in KN3, which wasn't even a finished game until the newgame+ Miko route was added in a patch; there were also a couple puzzle variants that had no solution and could only be beaten if RNG rolled the solvable ones when you entered the stage. Miko game also had secret stage with unlocking requirements so insane nobody could figure it, out and he just ended up patching it so the stage was automatically unlocked.) and couldn't deal with it any more. He was briefly working on a remake of the first KN game, but apparently abandoned it for this.

Last edited:

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Strangely enough this guy's art style has grown on me for some reason. Pretty hype hahaha.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

which also makes something again ^^
The games are actually done quite well.
If by some errors can be seen from the most had games.

At last some one had to use 2 versions since the last version had a fault in one of the plane and crash came.
I await my last or penultimate.

So hope that he has learned from his errors.

Beim vorigen teil mußte man 2 versionen benutzen weil die letzte version ein fehler in einer der ebenen hatte und zu abstürzen kam.
ich meine wart die letzte oder vorletzte.
Also hoffen das er aus seinen fehlern gelernt hat.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

im starting to wonder if this guy can actually draw but does it bad deliberately
His enemies are deliberately badly drawn, but his girls have come a long way since his very first game. Anyone have anything on the remake of KN1 that he was planning?

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The eyes have always been a bit weird. He just took it even further this time for some reason. Other than that it looks better, IMO.

I still liked the minimalist style of the original KN over the later games, though, both in terms of art and gameplay mechanics. Would have loved to see that remake.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So there's a demo available now.
It's rather... Barebones. (See edit on first post for more detailed mechanics)

I'd say he did learn in that the mechanics of the game are really simple -
it should be unlikely to get any gameplay bugs in what's basically a walking simulator.
That said, I think I've seen the trademark disembodied eyes and hands in the animations,
where for whatever reason some animation element either isn't where it should be or isn't what it should be.
So we're still a fair ways from "bug-free" I'm afraid, though hopefully maybe it won't be as impacting this time around...

Junk-Hobo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Those eyes are gonna give mt nightmares. But I seen worse so I'll risk it and take a shot.

Mikufanboy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Pssh, after playing his first game I can say this artstyle is quite the improvement. You guys just need to let it grow on you, much like his other games, and you'll find a vast amount of fap material. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

I can hardly wait for the full game, I do hope we can transfer saves from the trial. The purple haired girl use to be able to transform into a red haired pigtail persona from his other game, I wonder if the full version will have this transformation again.

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

It's out.

sgb3

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Played the trial and I don't know. Other than the eyes the art of the girls isn't horrible, but the game is...ugh. It's meant to be a simple arcadey game, that's fine, but it's just not very fun or interesting and I was bored after 10 minutes. Like it's not even something I'd bother downloading for free after playing the trial version.

This is really not the 'comeback game' he needed after taking such a long break from it. A shame, after the Miko game was so well done.

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

Not a comeback game certainly, but still a damn lot better than the typical cookie cutter RPG games coming out in bundles atm.

Being loli and mephisto though, even though its had a few hundred downloads, finding a working link is proving to be a nightmare. Hunt continues!

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

This is really not the 'comeback game' he needed after taking such a long break from it. A shame, after the Miko game was so well done.
To be fair, his 'comeback' game was going to be Kunoichi 1 remake.

But then he ran into some problem with the H system he was trying (I think he wanted multiple characters to get H at the same time, but isn't in a pre-set scene), so he made this game as a sort of less-complex game to refine the system (i.e. less characters)