What's new

ACT RPG Maker [Mephisto] The Magical Diary of Yoiya and Enbu 宵夜と炎武と魔法の日記 RE181099 RJ181099

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [Mephisto] 宵夜と炎武と魔法の日記

Just how hard is it to buy a game on the japanese dlsite? Is that something I can even achieve living in Europe?

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just how hard is it to buy a game on the japanese dlsite? Is that something I can even achieve living in Europe?
Probably easier from europe than from the US, considering your credit cards might actually acknowledge that other countries exist.

Pitfalls I remember:
- You'll probably need your card set up for 3dsecure, or whatever they call it this month:
Basically, on online purchases, you'll get a redirect to your bank's website to confirm the transfer.
This reduces credit card fees, so some stores require it, and dlsite may be one of them, not sure.
Most likely, you've already set this up if you've used your card for anything other than paypal online,
but if you haven't, the process might get confused and/or require you to set it up.
- Chrome's "translate this page" feature is essential to navigate dlsite's forms
- You want to register an account and use that to purchase, so you'll be able to get updates.
- One of the form fields for name didn't accept regular ascii characters - it required japanese characters or double-width characters.
Either get a web translator to transcribe your name into double-width characters, or copy some random japanese string from the website.

And remember: Officially, this probably isn't supported - dlsite has an english version precisely to create a foreigner dump over there.
This means they can restrict its content when necessary, and media is happy that some of the crazier stuff "isn't available" on the foreigner store.
That said, they don't really have an incentive to make it perfectly watertight -
a sufficiently determined foreigner is indistinguishable from an estranged japanese expat.
But you likely won't be able to ask their support for much help, since officially, you're just supposed to be happy on the eng dlsite.

Scud

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ho god, why internet!? WHY!?

OP
lazycat

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

In case anyone haven't seen it, there's torrent of this game out there now.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is no real fight system.
Man can not even be completely cure.
Is actually made much too heavy.

if who think with segedit.
is festellen that it has no impact XD

But what I really crap find that you can not back.

The only positive is the animation.

Last edited:

Lerianis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A good game but MAN..... repetitive past level 25 and the difficultly spike by just adding more "Turns on and off" trap items past there is almost impossible to get past.
I finally had to cheat and buy a whole bunch of the "Gives you more life!" items to get past all those fire traps because no matter how well I tried timing it I would always get hit by some trap.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

if we do not succeed, there is no Game Over !!!

You start back where you were last^^

amgwtfover

Lurker
Reputation score

My biggest gripe with the game so far has been how there is no CG option apart from the start of the game (useless as u have nothing to purchase CGs with) and i assume at the end, only at level 20 so far and a bit bored of the grind, kinda hoping for a save roundabout now.

SkeletalKia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My biggest gripe with the game so far has been how there is no CG option apart from the start of the game (useless as u have nothing to purchase CGs with) and i assume at the end, only at level 20 so far and a bit bored of the grind, kinda hoping for a save roundabout now.
I second the save being put up, I actually sat through and beat the game, but then couldn't figure out how to save ,y finished game, until I saved over my last level save. Even had 90 percent of the gallery unlocked T.T

Oh and to save a finished game, when the gallery and new game options pop up, press x, the last option in the menu that comes up is the save option.

Also the q and w keys put your earned points into cgs in the cg menu, each event has 3 for each girl before its marked as complete.

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What version of RPG Maker does this require? I keep getting the RGSS-RTP Standard not found error.

I have my OS set to Japan locale and I can play every other RPG Maker game except this one.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It needs the Japanese RPGMaker XP RTP:

Scroll to the end of the page and click the big blue button.

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It needs the Japanese RPGMaker XP RTP:

Scroll to the end of the page and click the big blue button.
Thanks a million! I'll give that a try later. :)

PICO

Cthulhu
Reputation score

am i really need to install the xp rtp??

i heard it have way to play game by rpg maker xp without install rtp
but don't know how to do that :l

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

PICO said:
am i really need to install the xp rtp??

i heard it have way to play game by rpg maker xp without install rtp
but don't know how to do that :l
Some people say you can drop the unpacked files straight into the game's folder. I've never gotten it to work that way, though.

And don't worry about having to install the RTP. They're tiny.
Tech-blurb incoming.
Any virus reports are false-positives as they don't recognise the file.
A lot of Anti-Virus suites false-positive a shedload of things because they don't know what the file is. That's what all these "WS.Reputation.1" reports basically are. The program has no reputation score to give it so it uses this generic thing, assigns it a bogus "Medium Risk" rank and quarantines what could be an essential file.
But that's enough of that.

Long story short: they're small and virus-free.

Last edited: