What's new

Miami, Florida, United States

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score
Re: Miami, Florida, United States

Sarah watched the exchange, then shrugged as she prepared to go on with the mission, moving on from there.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The elevator took them to the desired floor, and when they stepped out, it was to a scene of chaos.

Several people were laying on the floor, half convulsing in terror, while several others had apparently knocked themselves out. The map of the floor stated the room they had to go into was several doors INTO the chaos, but before they could move, something else happened.

A yell came from behind them from a man's voice.

"No, that's not true! No! Stay away from me!"

This was followed three seconds later with the sound of a handgun being fired three times, and a sudden crash.

Had they turned around, they'd have seen a tall, young man backing away from them, then fire two shots into their group, missing horribly, before finally turning the weapon and blowing half his face off.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"Hooooooooly... shit....... and I thought Malton was the nuthouse..."

Sarah literally stood there in shock as she watched the hall, the madness there almost a little too much for her.

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin sighed as he walked out of the elevator, seeming to ignore the chaos going on in the hall "Home sweet home." he says, taking a couple steps down the hall and turning his head to look back at the group "What's the matter? Afraid of a bit of insanity?"

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"A LITTLE?" Sarah half-yelled, looking at him oddly. "I'd seen city streets that were saner..."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

About then a single woman entered the hall and spotted the small group.

"Ah good, your here, let's get to work shall we? Follow me."

This was likely Dr. Gregory, considering where she'd come from.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Akira looks down at the ground, unwilling to look the scene while nodding mutely and following the doctor, appearing to be a little shaken.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"Doctor Gregory I presume?" Sarah said, her face still a little pale as she followed the doctor. "Is it always this wild around here?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

She shook her head yes to the first question, then no to the second one.

"No, it's gotten like this over the past few days. Really started in badly though when the first storm wave hit yesterday afternoon, and now we've got a hurricane rolling in on top of it. Don't know exactly what's going on but ......."

She got a sudden distant look on her face and trailed off, staring out into space as she abruptly stopped walking.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sarah took a few steps before noticing her stop. "You ok?" she asks.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"The item is probably effecting her, as well. We should hurry up and find it, before it claims more lives." Kevin states, shaking his head lightly as he tries to shake the painful memories that had been dragged out from his head.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After a moment she snapped back to reality, carrying on as if nothing was wrong.

"Several items of interest were brought in recently, and one of the workers here found a large cross made out of solid Quartz Crystal that had once been hanging on a wall in a hidden passage beneath the building. He also said that there were what appeared to be mine shafts left behind from the old Quartz mining days. I've taken the liberty of having the items brought upstairs to my office, though one thing that strikes me oddly is that this all started right after that mine shaft was found and the cross removed from the room it was found in."

Once more there was a massive clap of thunder, and the visions would fly through the team's heads once more.

It was only about three minutes after this that they realized there was a buzzing noise, and a moment more to realize their Farnsworth was going off.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sarah managed to not collapse this time, the freakish visions of her past flicking before her eyes now slightly dull compared to the insanity around her. Quickly she opens the Farnsworth before asking, "Shoot." To the attendent, she waved a hand for her to continue with what she was saying, an ear on both her and the device.

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Kevin groans as the memories flood his mind, then snaps back to reality when he notices the buzzing, reaching into his coat pocket and retrieving his Farnsworth "This is Kevin. Ugh. Everything alright?" he says into the deice, his left hand grasping his face as he speaks

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Chris's image winked into existence and he spoke.

"Just checking on you folks with all that's been going on lately. Gods you folks look like hell warmed ov ... Was that THUNDER I just heard there?"

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"Let's just say that this artifact isn't just causing the weather to fuck up and leave it at that, ok?" Sarah said dryly, with a hint of annoyence in her voice. "Got any information of a quarts crystal, perhaps in the shape of a cross?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was a pause as he bit back some kind of retort then got serious.

"Quartz? Of course ... Ok, listen, Quartz under the right circumstances can cause massive delusions, even what some might call paranormal activity to occur depending on the circumstances. Your not looking for an artifact, your looking for a spot where you could hang another piece of Quartz to cancel out the rest of them, most likely this cross you mentioned. Also, be VERY careful, the Quartz isn't causing the storm, but the storm WILL make the effects of those delusions, those visions if you will extremely real feeling, not to mention increase their quantity and quality by .... oh I don't know, ten, maybe twenty times? Sarah, you need to cancel out that Quartz NOW, if it continues more deaths will occur, and right now you don't know who's going to snap and who isn't. I'd join you if I could to help, unfortunately I'm actually in England right now finalizing something for us later. Is there any other way I can be of assistance right now?"

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"I think we got it, we'll try and cancel it asap," she said quickly, shutting the connection off. "Can you show us that cross?" she asked the attendent. "I think it needs to go back to the mine section..."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Um ... yeah. This way."

She leads them into a room after a few moments, and several stumbles later. Inside is a beautifully carved cross from a piece of Quartz, truly a masterpiece in the form of work. Carefully she hands it to Sarah then adds, "I hope your right, it's starting to get really bad now."

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Don't expect me to snap easily." Kevin says dryly to the comment about who is or is not going to snap. He would then chuckle as he noticed the cross, thinking strangely of what was causing the problems. "Let's just fix this quickly. I don't want to be here any longer than we need." he says, and, for the first time, he shows a hint of fear in his voice.