What's new

ACT [八角家] Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters / ミッションマーメイデン -ハスミと深海の姉妹- (RJ268920)

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
He released a small 'sprite test' update
Basically his IQ is 200, that's all you need to know.

If your using chrome don't translate the page before you copy the password, it adds a space to it( xsqr0vkm is the pass).
That download page gives me a 502 bad gateway error when it tries to download :/

Tested on Chrome, Firefox and IDM

comakill23

Reputation score
Just realized that aswell. I haven't been able to find a way around it though it might be region based considering his comments when translated don't appear to contain any complaining about it.

His first build's post comments did have 502 bad gateways complaints and a strikethrough'd firestorage link so it may just be firestorage being bootlegged.

Edit: Also, seems he's taking a new stance of the big titties judging by the scientist girl in his new screenshots. Can't argue with that though I would prefer the tits not get any bigger than that.

Last edited:

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Also, seems he's taking a new stance of the big titties judging by the scientist girl in his new screenshots. Can't argue with that though I would prefer the tits not get any bigger than that.
What scientist girl? I cant find any screenshot with a big tit scientist.

comakill23

Reputation score
1547411458904.png
His old game had some of this(on NPC's) but not to this extent. It's kinda surprising though considering it used the same protagonist from the old game.

edit:
also this

Last edited:
Reputation score
Since seeing this thread prompted me to check their blog, I figure it's only fair I share what I found.

Alpha demo is out for the new game, for those who are interested in giving it a test drive. Takes a bit of clicking around the blog to find the link itself, but here's a shortcut for you:

(Click the download button in the hasumi2.zip box, or of course the hasumi2Mac.zip if you are on Mac)

As for what the alpha includes:

-1 "Stage"
-3 Enemy types, each with their own H attacks
-1 "Enemy" type that dies on contact and has no attacks of any nature
-A fair number of bugs

And to give a brief summary of the tutorials scattered around the game:

Controls:
-Arrow keys to move and escape grapples
-Z Key to jump
-X Key to Attack
-V Key to Transform

-Green gauge is life
-Gauge under that is your climax meter
-Blue circley gauge beside your life is your Energy meter
-There are crystals scattered throughout the stage that act as a kind of currency, though there is nothing to use it on yet

-Transforming requires a very large amount of your Energy meter to be full, if not completely full before you can use it
-Transforming will clear all negative status effects from you and break any grapples you are under
-Moving around while transformed will rapidly drain your Energy meter, as will being grappled by certain enemies
-Once the meter runs out, you transform back into regular Hasumi
-There is no way (that I could find) to force the transformation to end early

And for those of you who are interested in giving a bit of feedback to the devs, there's a very simple 4 question survey they've put out here:

Survey translation:
Question 1: How did the game run on your system?
1- Fairly Choppy
3- There was a little lag
5- Very smoothly

Question 2: How did the character movement feel?
1- Too slow
3- Just right
5- Too fast

Question 3: Did you feel the character needed a Crouch ability?
Option 1: Yes, a Crouch feature is needed
Option 2: Yes, only if it's connected to some other useful feature (like an Evade or Crouch Attack)
Option 3: No, it's not necessary/I wouldn't use it

Question 4: Do you have any comments on the Test version of the game?
[Free Form Response]

A more complete demo is planned to be released September 2019, with the full version slated for the following December. They've hinted in comments that they will be making more test versions, though no guarantee how public those will be, so keep your eyes peeled I guess.

Last edited:

comakill23

Reputation score

New blog posts, new gif shows off his considerably better art. Save/load feature getting implemented among other stuff, also some kind of chart which looks rather interesting.

This is looking really on track so far, no deviations into shitty design choices. Really glad we can see another game with combat sex that is more diverse than simply touch=rape but also debuff effects and traps. Dunno if things will still jump onto her like the facehuggers in aliens(like in the previous game) but it would be a welcome addition.

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
That looks like a Purple Heart from neptunia.
That is Purple Heart :^)

He says this was a test to see if he would have the patience to make the game have cg like this.
He doesn't. It took way too long. We'll probably get normal non-animated cg.

blaster

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's actually good to see he being obvious to what he want or don't want so he not cough up on an ambitious loop like many dev's hell out there and capable to focus on finishing what he aim for since first move. TBH that many game dev these days give me a very uncomfortable vibe especially when they composed a very high quality one just to milking their backer via patronage site and never-to-finish their product in, like, eternally.

IMO, static CG is fine as long as it what he choose and not the cause that'll unnecessary prolong his development.
Although It might be sad to not be able to see those gorgeous animated full-shot cutscene.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
Who gives a shit about big animated CGs, 90% of the people prefer sprite sex anyways

That does look good, but if it takes a huge amount of time from what possibly could be time spent developing the game/assets, then just scrap it

comakill23

Reputation score
Who gives a shit about big animated CGs, 90% of the people prefer sprite sex anyways

That does look good, but if it takes a huge amount of time from what possibly could be time spent developing the game/assets, then just scrap it
I strongly agree, there hits a point where I prefer quantity over quality. His art looks great and tbh I'd probably prefer he not even touch CG's and just go for the sprite work. Would also be nice if he designs his sprites so you can zoom in on them and they still look good(e.g. not low res) like koonsoft does.

edit: also, I like his art waaaay more than his last game, which was decent but nowhere close to what it is now.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, this is why I haven't been too bent up about NoR's slower progression on game overs.
I feel like I enjoy the in-game stuff more, unless it's an animated bad ending at the end of the game.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I strongly agree, there hits a point where I prefer quantity over quality. His art looks great and tbh I'd probably prefer he not even touch CG's and just go for the sprite work. Would also be nice if he designs his sprites so you can zoom in on them and they still look good(e.g. not low res) like koonsoft does.

edit: also, I like his art waaaay more than his last game, which was decent but nowhere close to what it is now.
Pretty sure there was an update a while back on the blog that mentioned they were adding a zoom function, or making it zoom on auto when caught, so rejoice, they'll likely be high res.

comakill23

Reputation score
new enemy, hypnofucks the MC. Also talk of new version.

I wonder how hes going to do the escape system(he may have mentioned it and it slipped past me), hopefully better than it is.

I really liked Paperheads escape system, it had it's downsides but it was infinitely better than like 95% of all 2D ACT games. I would prefer he do anything but use his button mash system because it seems like a waste with what experience he has with combat sex. Even his old system from undercrust was better because though it was simple(RNG probability & transform) the enemies had good variety of combat sex/restraint effects. edit: also said simplicity was actually better because quick time events are a little annoying and out of place.

edit: also, his blog for any newcomers.

Caernarvon

Reputation score
Excited for this, although I do hope the escape mechanics are further modified. Mashing is the most unengaging/unbalanced thing you could hope to do for a CR type game IMO

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Excited for this, although I do hope the escape mechanics are further modified. Mashing is the most unengaging/unbalanced thing you could hope to do for a CR type game IMO
What do you think is a better compromise? Press any button twice? Press three random, specified directions?

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
And then when the difficulty ramps up it switches to a complex light reflection puzzle!

dfxtent

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Press three random, specified directions?
For whatever my random lurker opinion is worth, I actually do prefer games that go this route. It's easy to fail if you want to (wrong button, or let timer run out), and hits the right level of challenge if you feel like escaping. Mashing, on the other hand, is rough on the keyboard, and generally leads my wife to glance over and ask "Are you getting raped again?" in a somewhat annoyed tone.