What's new

ACT [八角家] Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters / ミッションマーメイデン -ハスミと深海の姉妹- (RJ268920)

That's the thing, some of us would argue the grapple/resist/escape mechanics within this genre IS one of those important parts of a Hentai Game, because it (imo) helps tie the gameplay and Hentai together to create a more involved and interactive experience with additional player agency to outcomes (when done well). I would say more, but based Jesus posted before me and summed up basically everything I would have said lol.

Actually, I think it wouldn't be very difficult to include an options toggle for grapples, please everyone for minimal effort.

Last edited:
is the new struggle mechanic included in the latest demo?

Why are we even discussing struggle mechanics?
I just want the hentai to be good and the gameplay to be bearable.

I mean, I'd argue that the gameplay can be unbearable based on how a mechanic that would see a ton of use.
Kinda like rpg games: if it has random encounters in this day and age, I find it unbearable. I feel almost the same about mashing struggle mechanics.

What, you dont like fighting a Zubat every 3 seconds in long, dark caves? That shit is peak gameplay sir.

I do not. Especially when the only benefits to these zubats requires me to lose to one and there's no instant suicide button.

I do not. Especially when the only benefits to these zubats requires me to lose to one and there's no instant suicide button.

Then you are simply uncultured swine, not worthy to gaze upon the pinnacle of current year gameplay mechanics. Begone!

Also, as an on topic note, was there actually an update to the demo, or just a mention of an update?

What, you dont like fighting a Zubat every 3 seconds in long, dark caves? That shit is peak gameplay sir.
ROFLMAO
Real talk there though
This guy knows what he's talking about

seems like a progress update rather then a actual update :/

Curious has anyone heard the dev's opinion on an English version or translation support? I would be happy if we got the means to translate it or even if he just ran the game through google translate and called it good. Translating Unity seems like it could potentially be a huge hassle if not impossible.

Curious has anyone heard the dev's opinion on an English version or translation support? I would be happy if we got the means to translate it or even if he just ran the game through google translate and called it good. Translating Unity seems like it could potentially be a huge hassle if not impossible.
Now that you mention it, I don't think any of the existing translators (at least, none of the ones I tried) can hook onto the demo.
On the flipside, though, it's a platformer, so you can probably reasonably get through the game even without understanding the dialogue. It misses out part of the experience, for sure, but much like google translators it's still "better than nothing".

Now that you mention it, I don't think any of the existing translators (at least, none of the ones I tried) can hook onto the demo.
On the flipside, though, it's a platformer, so you can probably reasonably get through the game even without understanding the dialogue. It misses out part of the experience, for sure, but much like google translators it's still "better than nothing".

True true, I know there is ways to translate unity it's just complicated, and like you said almost impossible to easily hook it like your typical RPG maker game.

Thinking about a translation this early in development is bogus. He didn't even finish the first stage, I reckon he has more important things on his mind rather than a translation

Thinking about a translation this early in development is bogus. He didn't even finish the first stage, I reckon he has more important things on his mind rather than a translation
True, but it would be nice if it was put forward so he has a chance to script his dialogue neatly from the get go(I suspect he already is, but you never know). From what I know it's possible to leave dialogue in the open where anyone can translate it.

There was an update on the blog at the end of last month, which made a couple of major announcements regarding the game:
Firstly, they're running behind schedule, so may not be able to hit their original goal of releasing in December.
Secondly, they're expecting to release the next demo in July, with a third demo in September.
Thirdly, they gave a good bit of detail on the composition of the game and what the demos cover. The diagram in the article doesn't really need explaining but i'll try to summarise.

The game will be split up into three worlds. Each world will have three stages, with a boss at the end of stage 2 and a second, major boss after stage three of each world, so six bosses total. The worm boss they've shown before is the mid-world boss that can be found in stage 1-2. The final boss for stage 1 is described as being plant-like. The original demo only covered stage 1-1, the July demo will cover up to the end of 1-2, which will include the worm boss. The September demo will include all of world 1, and stage 2-1 as well.

Let the hype begin.

Back