What's new

ACT [八角家] Mission Mermaiden - Hasumi and the Deep Sea Sisters / ミッションマーメイデン -ハスミと深海の姉妹- (RJ268920)

I only had to orgasm once while being hypnotized to trigger the sex animation. As long as you have that certain status, it should trigger. It's easy to tell if you have it by her having pink eyes while walking around.
Ah my bad, I had the purple status every time i triggered it, so i got confused and assumed that was what you needed. I wonder what that purple status actually does then?

So I managed to get a text hooker working with the game, Textractor for those interested, and i managed to grab the descriptions for the three items you can buy that are on the third line of the shop, below the consumables. On the topic of the consumables, the first item is not a heal, it clears all status effects. It's very useful for removing the purple hypnosis status effect, which persists even if you transform, which normally clears everything else. The three items are equipment, you can slot them into the four boxes on hasumi's profile using one of the options in the menu.

The Items:
アクセルチャージャー
Accelerator charger
敵撃破時のEnergyチャージ率上昇
Energy charge rate rise when defeating enemy

ドレインプロテクト
Drain protection
拘束中にEnergyゲージが減少しなくなる
Energy gauge does not decrease during restraint

ハイレジスト
High resist
抵抗ゲージの減少速度を緩やかにする
Slow down the rate of decrease of resistance gauge

Another option in the menu shows you the effects and descriptions for any status effects hasumi currently has, I've found five staus effects so far, and will leave their translations spoilered, since they're a bit wordy.
催眠
Hypnosis
拘束時に抵抗できなくなることがある
Sometimes you can not resist at the time of restraint
敵組織は侵入者を捕えて無力化するために、精神に作用する特殊な装置を開発しているようです。
一度催眠状態に陥ってしまえば抵抗する事を忘れ、敵のいいようにされてしまうかもしれません。
(変身かピュリファイヤーで解除可能)
Enemy organizations seem to have developed special devices that act on the mind to capture and neutralize intruders.
Once you're in hypnosis, you may forget to resist and you may be treated as a good enemy.
(Can be released by makeover or purifier)

潜在催眠
Latent hypnosis
敵に触れるだけで気持ちの良い催眠状態を思い出してしまう
Just touching the enemy will remind you of a pleasant hypnosis
何度となく催眠状態を経験するとふとした刺激で催眠状態が誘起されてしまうようになります。
頭の奥に染み付いた心地よい陶酔感は戦場であっても戦士を無抵抗の少女に変えてしまうでしょう。
(ピュリファイヤーで解除可能)
If you experience hypnosis many times, it will cause the hypnotic state to be induced by an occasional stimulus.
The pleasant euphoria in the back of your head will turn your warrior into a non-resistance girl, even on the battlefield.
(Can be canceled by the purifier)

恍惚
Blissout
拘束時に抵抗できなくなることがある
Sometimes you can not resist at the time of restraint
クラゲ型の敵が発する光は幻覚作用をもたらし、見た人をうっとりとさせてしまうようです。
通常視界に入る程度では影響は出ませんが、頭部に取りつかれ至近距離で浴びてしまったら取り返しがつかなくなるかもしれません。
(変身かピュリファイヤーで解除可能)
The light emitted by the jellyfish-type enemy brings about a hallucination effect and seems to make the person who saw it captivating.
It does not affect if you enter the normal view, but it may become irrecoverable if you get caught at the head and bathed at close range.

粘液まみれ
Mucus covered
拘束時に抵抗ゲージが上がりにくくなる
Resistance gauge does not rise easily when restrained
敵のバイオ兵器が分泌する粘液は身体に絡みついて動きを鈍らせるだけではなく、ローションのように滑って抵抗する力を分散させてしまいます。
一方でこの粘液を好んで摂食する生物もいるようです。
(変身かピュリファイヤーで解除可能)
The mucus produced by the enemy's bioweapons is not only entangled with the body and slows down movement, but also disperses the sliding and resisting power like a lotion.
On the other hand, some organisms prefer to feed this mucus.

絶頂
Climax
敵は時に予想外の方法で侵入者を捕え、無力化しようとしてきます。
絶頂によって身体に直接的な影響があるわけではありませんが、少し歩みを止めて息を整える時間も大切かもしれません。
The enemy sometimes tries to catch intruders in unexpected ways and neutralize them.
Although the acme does not have a direct impact on the body, it may be important to stop the walk a little and adjust your breath.

魔種寄生
Demon seed parasite
??? - This is the white text description.
膣奥に違和感を感じる。
このまま放置すると危険かもしれない。
(変身かピュリファイヤーで解除可能)
I feel discomfort in the back of the vagina.
It may be dangerous if left as it is.

恍惚の刻印
Blissout Seal
??? - This is the white text description.
繰り返し触手と恍惚の光で愛された対象はその種が都合よく性の発散に利用できる個体としての証を刻まれることがあるようです。
不気味に光る紋様が秘めた効果は未だ完全には分かっていません。
(ピュリファイヤーで解除可能)
It seems that the object loved by the tentacles and the light of the eyebrows repeatedly bears the evidence as an individual that the species can be conveniently used for sex release.
The effects hidden by the spooky patterns are not yet fully understood.
(Can be canceled by the purifier)

胎動する魔種
Quickening Demon Seed
胎動する魔種戻る植物型の敵はまれに近づいてきた相手に自らの種子を植え付けることがあります。
すぐに取り除けば問題はありませんが放置した場合に宿主が自分の部屋など安全な場所に移動すると、そこで根を下ろし進化することもあるようです。
(ピュリファイヤーで解除可能)
Infrequent monster species The plant-type enemies rarely plant their own seeds on approaching opponents.
If it is removed immediately, there is no problem, but if it is left unattended, if the host moves to a safe place such as your own room, it may take root and evolve there.
(Can be canceled with Purifier)

Last edited:
the guy never drop his lore-wise habit huh ?
It's pretty fun and interesting to read all this staff tbh.

So I managed to get a text hooker working with the game, Textractor for those interested...

If you're just wanting a few item descriptions like this, Google Lens should suffice. No need to work with the headache that is text hookers (unless you're wanting a full game translated).

Tedious, trivial, and full of bugs is more or less how i feel about the demo. I like the animations and sex/hypnosis progression, but the game just feels flat to me everywhere else. The gameplay, combat, and level design is just boring imo, and the H/struggle mechanics are completely trivial with zero challenge or impact. There is more than enough potential and room for growth, but as it stands i cant help but feel let down a bit.

Its bad enough the struggle system is just the usual mash to get out, but when you can literally mash out of every enemy in less than a second on top of killing them in the process, how in the world does H ever factor into the gameplay? Even when you purposefully stack in the bad effects and hypnosis, you can still mash out in maybe a second, theres no chance for anything to happen unless force it yourself.

Dont get me wrong, there is far, far worse out there, but maybe i was getting my hopes up just a bit too much. Hopefully it shapes up and improves from here, otherwise for me it will just go down as a game that you play through once for the scenes and animations and grumble about wasted potential.

Actually, there's just not enough in the demo to really give you a full taste of the struggle system, because there is a corruption system which takes a while to get going. And without being able to save the game, it's a bit difficult to notice.

So the deal is, the more she orgasms, the harder it is to escape. At some point, if it gets bad enough, she'll get an evil marking on her belly which will cause her to get stunned randomly, both in combat and during grabs. There's actually quite a difference in how hard it is to mash out of a grab if you have that plus the semen-covered status that the plants give in stage 1-2. Also, the semen-covered status also makes it harder to struggle out of a grab.

I'm thinking it'll eventually work similar to Undercrust where the more enemies there are and the more attacks that hit her all at once, eventually it'll make it nearly impossible to break out of a grab.

Also, I think the machine near the exit to the lab will help afflict you with statuses? I had explored the game quite a bit before checking it and found it had the various listed. I tried clicking them and I think it afflicted Hasumi with them, but upon trying to exit the menu, it soft-locked on me.

A few other things I've noticed: status can carry over from one level to the next. I beat the Slug Queen and went back to 1-1. I still had the semen on me. About the only animation that was missing it was getting caught by the soldier's traps and only during the struggle animation. It would actually come back during the orgasm animation. Must be unfinished.

Also, I noticed a gemstone in Hasumi's room after beating 1-2. Dunno what it says but it's probably just one of those end-of-demo messages.

Also, to clarify the items, the first one (purple) clears status ailments. The second charges the transformation gauge. The third one is equippable and gets replaced once you buy it, and up to 3 items can be bought so far. I think it's another bug, but I think you can buy a quantity of each even though you only get 1.

Last edited:
Actually, there's just not enough in the demo to really give you a full taste of the struggle system, because there is a corruption system which takes a while to get going. And without being able to save the game, it's a bit difficult to notice.

So the deal is, the more she orgasms, the harder it is to escape. At some point, if it gets bad enough, she'll get an evil marking on her belly which will cause her to get stunned randomly, both in combat and during grabs. There's actually quite a difference in how hard it is to mash out of a grab if you have that plus the semen-covered status that the plants give in stage 1-2. Also, the semen-covered status also makes it harder to struggle out of a grab.

I'm thinking it'll eventually work similar to Undercrust where the more enemies there are and the more attacks that hit her all at once, eventually it'll make it nearly impossible to break out of a grab.

Also, I think the machine near the exit to the lab will help afflict you with statuses? I had explored the game quite a bit before checking it and found it had the various listed. I tried clicking them and I think it afflicted Hasumi with them, but upon trying to exit the menu, it soft-locked on me.

A few other things I've noticed: status can carry over from one level to the next. I beat the Slug Queen and went back to 1-1. I still had the semen on me. About the only animation that was missing it was getting caught by the soldier's traps and only during the struggle animation. It would actually come back during the orgasm animation. Must be unfinished.

Also, I noticed a gemstone in Hasumi's room after beating 1-2. Dunno what it says but it's probably just one of those end-of-demo messages.

Also, to clarify the items, the first one (purple) clears status ailments. The second charges the transformation gauge. The third one is equippable and gets replaced once you buy it, and up to 3 items can be bought so far. I think it's another bug, but I think you can buy a quantity of each even though you only get 1.
Cool, I guessed there was a corruption system since pollution makes a return as a stat in the menu, but I didn't know about the marking. Is that in the game already or has it only been mentioned in the blog?

Is it possible to return to the lab later on? Once I clear 1-2 there are 4 icons on the map but i can't do anything with the 3rd and 4th.
Edit: I'm an idiot, I completely ignored the button on the map. Found the lab at least...

Last edited:
I felt like there was something to this game, though it has the Zelda CGI stage syndrome. Hand drawn or artistic stages are difficult to navigate sometimes. Though if your computer is up to spec the combat abilities allow you to pretty much navigate wherever you damn well please with enough determination. It feels awesome, I just hope in the full game you'll get abilities based on the combat modes from the PRG, your power mode or agility mode. It'd do a bit to very up the combat a little.

Though just being able to bounce enemy projectiles back at them is already good enough for me.

Cool, I guessed there was a corruption system since pollution makes a return as a stat in the menu, but I didn't know about the marking. Is that in the game already or has it only been mentioned in the blog?

It's in the game already. It just takes a little bit before it comes around. It probably has something to do with the H stats on the pause menu, but it'll start happening the closer the orgasms are to each other.

It's similar to the event in the second (plant) area against the Succubus boss. In fact, the marking looks just like it, and I think it has a few layering issues where it's visible most of the time, even when it shouldn't be.

Then my question becomes, how does she orgasm or build corruption and statuses if you can mash out of everything within 1-2 seconds? It doesnt seem like enemies can reasonably do anything to you through natural gameplay, even if some elements of corruption and statuses carry over.

EDIT: Went back and cleared the first level. Ran into every single enemy and full cleared the level and all enemies with 2.5 ticks of her pleasure gauge filled. I dont get H, and I dont even have to use attacks to clear levels, this is a problem in my eyes (at least how it looks to work so far)

EDIT 2: Cleared worm level the same way and got (i think) the level 2 semen debuff. Then went back and full cleared level 1 again and hit slightly less than half pleasure. I do see a stat tracker in the menu, but I cant notice a visible difference in the struggle mechanics (if any at all), so the escape difficulty remains the same. I almost feel like the level 2 semen debuff should have been the standard escape difficulty?

Last edited:
Found 2 more status effects, the first being the curse seal/crotch tattoo previously mentioned, and the second is called magic seed parasite or something, which I got after going several rounds with the plant pod-things. The curse seal is gained through sex with the jellyfish, but you don't get it at first. I think you need a certain amount of corruption for it to appear, as it took several rounds to get the first time, but I can get it on the first orgasm now. It gives you random stuns that raise your pleasure gauge while jellyfish are nearby, and attracts them to you. Like the Latent Hypnosis, it can't be cleared by transformation, only the purification consumable.

I have no idea what the seed status does. Both of these status effects have ??? as their white text, where others have a pretty simple description of their gameplay effects. Thankfully the tattoo has pretty obvious effects, though i guess there could still be hidden features I haven't found. At first I thought the parasite seed was a prerequesite status for the seal, as i got the seal for the first time after getting seeded, but I've debunked that, as I can get the seal without the seed, so I really have no clue what it does.

Gonna do some more experimenting with other enemies, the stage 2 slugs and boss don't seem to have any hidden features if you go several rounds, but maybe I can figure out what this seed does.

I'll update my spoiler with the translations for the status.

When I ran the plant thing through google translate, I figured it was something like a seed being planted inside Hasumi, so maybe some sort of surprise alien pregnancy thing that can only be triggered while she's in the lab?

Not a fan of pregnancy fetish personally, to be honest, but that seems to make the most sense.

Struggle system is still hilariously easy, though I imagine that's just for the test. Nevertheless it's impossible to lose to anything but the boss unless you're purposefully trying and even then it's difficult.

Struggle system is still hilariously easy, though I imagine that's just for the test. Nevertheless it's impossible to lose to anything but the boss unless you're purposefully trying and even then it's difficult.
Much of the difficulty comes from status effects you get afflicted with. try getting one of the hypnosis statuses and the slimed effect, it's much harder to struggle out with that combo. Really though, I don't see an issue with the struggle system being easy, struggle systems have always been about how much effort you want to put into struggling, especially in games like this with multi-stage grapples that make things worse if you don't struggle. I know a lot of people have compared this system unfavourably to the previous game, but i really don't see a huge difference.

Remember, in hasumi 1 you could escape out of a grapple 99% of the time if you have a full mp bar. What drains the mp bar? failing to break a grapple. This is the exact same situation, where you can't fail unless you let yourself, and until you let yourself, you can't fail, you could even abuse grapples for the free turn that breaking out gave you. Yeah there were one or two enemies with unbreakable grapples, the slime plant effect and the restraint ring, but the first was broken by a cheap ice spell, and the second could be hit with the lightning spell for a cheap, spammable aoe perma-stun, so not exactly difficult to beat. To make things even easier, you could choose to ignore the entirety of the struggle/hypno mechanics by popping into mighty/swift mode, which made you immune to one of the two types of lewd you could be hit with, and I cannot recall any encounters that used both types, with the possible exception of the miniboss on the 5th floor that served as a boss rush of previous bosses.

Struggle mechanics are almost always hilariously easy if you try, because its incredibly hard to balance, especially in games like this with mechanics that affect the struggle system. Make the struggle too hard at first and it becomes legitimately impossible to escape under more difficult situations like the one I mentioned above. Pretty much the only system I can think of that makes itself difficult in a good way is the QTE system from Enokifu's red collar girl.

Honestly, I don't get why some people seem to expect the dark souls treatment from h-game mechanics, and this is coming from someone who loves challenging games.

Edit: July report is out, sounds like they're very happy with what they achieved this month, I believe they've finished work on world 2. Timetable for the third demo is now October, with the release of the complete game estimated for April next year.

Last edited:
Struggle mechanics need to hit that sweet spot between actually being "struggle" mechanics, without becoming chores. As you said the slave colar game did it best. Its no button mashing, but you still have to pay attention to not mess up the inputs. If the struggling's too easy it doesn't "feel" like a struggle. Remember, we only play these porn games because they provide context for the porn, so its not exactly a pet-peeve if it underperforms in that department.

Something that the Slave With the Red Collar did, was also give the opponents unique properties. If you screwed up once on a certain opponent, that was it. Straight to the game over rape for your character. Sometimes you needed to quickly end an opponent. Other times you needed to adopt an alternative approach compared to the constant attack, attack, attack strategy prevalent in most games.

It is what makes games like MGQ, The Slave with The Red Collar, and SHRIFT more memorable to a portion of H-Game fans. They did do something slightly different and you couldn't skirt those mechanics. Onto this game. This game isn't like those games in the slightest for one reason, it's an action-platformer. This is not a RPG.

I think this game is fine where it is. It's a fun action-platformer with tight controls with beautiful artwork. If you want the H-content, it's there and has it's own depth. A game like an action-platformer cannot force the player to view anything. You have full control over your character and it's up to you if want to let that enemy get their grapple off.

Except that this game is absolutely an RPG. On the lighter side of it to be sure,and definitely not something like a turn based one, but it is not a pure action platformer either (that would be most of the Mario games for example). In any case, it is fair to compare the H mechanics and grapple systems to other similar games. In fact, we can compare them to that of action games in general, because the platforming aspect is largely irrelevant and divorced from the H mechanics in all of them. In terms of potential, the H mechanics are definitely above average, but the current implementation and difficulty is garbage when there is obvious intent in the game design to have the H be a relevant factor in the gameplay (Corruption, stat tracking, stacking status effects, damage from orgasms etc).

The game itself is not fine, however. I can't think of a single action game where I can get hit by every enemy in the level and win without a scratch, let alone still circumventing the entire H system. That is just poor game design and I wouldn't pay money for it let alone have fun. The game then is only good for the gallery, because if the only way I can see H is by not playing (zero grapple difficult), and the only way I can lose a level is by not playing (zero difficulty for enemies and platforming), what the heck am I doing "playing" the game at all? At least for other games that have bad H mechanics you can justify playing it because the gameplay elements are solid (i.e, This is a game I would play even if the H were removed). As it stands, this game (to me) is not worth playing without the H, but the H is currently irrelevant to the gameplay as well so we are just left with very nice artwork and great animations (prime gallery material).

Oh, and there is exactly zero challenge in the "platforming" as well without fall damage or enemy placement being able to hurt you, so the game can't even fall back on that aspect right now.

If the game were released exactly as is but without bugs and the rest of the content, I would then just call it a bad game with a good gallery. It is, however, still a demo with a lot of potential, so why wouldnt we discuss the flaws and try and hope for something more substantial for everyone down the road?

Are the original Castlevania games RPGs? I think not, they're action-adventure games where you can hold a couple of items. Finally on the argument it's 'just' gallery material. I don't have money or even the means to pay for any game that doesn't have a physical release. That train of thought is precisely why we had Japanese devs joining the anti-gaijin camp until they had big bucks thrown their way. If I had the money, I'd gladly donate to even doujinshi artists whose books I've had the enjoyed viewing online. We cannot expect every game to on the level of MGQ or other miraculous projects and they cannot reach that level without funding or motivation. These 'circles' are typically one man operations give them some leniency. You cannot argue, this artwork is of a quality you cannot find in the west, or even regularly in the east.

Are the original Castlevania games RPGs? I think not, they're action-adventure games where you can hold a couple of items. Finally on the argument it's 'just' gallery material. I don't have money or even the means to pay for any game that doesn't have a physical release. That train of thought is precisely why we had Japanese devs joining the anti-gaijin camp until they had big bucks thrown their way. If I had the money, I'd gladly donate to even doujinshi artists whose books I've had the enjoyed viewing online. We cannot expect every game to on the level of MGQ or other miraculous projects and they cannot reach that level without funding or motivation. These 'circles' are typically one man operations give them some leniency. You cannot argue, this artwork is of a quality you cannot find in the west, or even regularly in the east.
The art is phenomenal don't get me wrong, although I'm of the type who also appreciates the mechanics behind an H-game being fleshed out and not just a gallery. If I wanted a 'gallery' I'd just watch Hentai, but when an aspect of a game straight up does not function unless you as the player let it there's an issue for me. It is not difficult to balance, unless I'm somehow a game design genius. As others have said Slave Collar did it perfectly and it gave the user the option to set how difficult the QTEs were in-addition. I'd be fine with there being an option for grab mechanics to be this easy so long as there was an option to make them an actual part of the game.

In Hasumi one it might not have been easy but at certain points you could fail struggles (plant boss part). That was still part of the game, it's just that many H-game devs don't no how to balance these mechanics properly or AT-LEAST give the option for them to be easier or more difficult as opposed to just flat out inconsequential.

If you'd paid attention this thread, you'd there's groundwork here for more mechanics. This game is still in development and the demos are free. Feel to critique it, just don't judge the book by its cover. We've only seen two stages, those could probably be considered tutorial and introduction to the games villain. While I understand the appeal of a difficult platformer like Erotico or what it's called. It boils down to do I really feel like getting salty and heated over an H-platformer after I've already blown myself out playing another game like Battlefield or For Honor. No, I also feel like the majority would agree I'd rather the game be a relaxing experience and somewhat involved experience rather than another teeth clinching IWBTG, Cuphead, or Kaizo game.

I really have to go out of my way to finish a game like the Slave With the Red Collar. For one hard reason, we get buggy messes unleashed onto this market all the time. Needing to wait for a patch to allow you finish an easy game is difficult to deal with. Needing a patch to conquer a difficult game is demoralizing. It's nice to have a developer like this who'll at least pass the quality assurance test and actually allow their games to be finished with no show stoppers before being rushed out to market and irks me their games are dismissed as galleries when they're perfectly playable.

If want an adrenaline rush then use cheat engine scan the game, inject a speed hack, and play the game at 2x speed if the difficulty matters so much to you.

Thats all I am doing is just critiquing the current state of the game, and I definitely mentioned that there was a lot of potential and room for growth. Also, nobody is saying this game needs to be on the level of cuphead for difficulty or MGQ for memorability, but it does need SOME challenge. I should die running into every enemy in a level, yet instead they all die and i take no damage and still have no H consequences. It may be a demo, but that doesnt necessarily mean he wont alter this to an acceptable level before release. I mean, if you enjoy playing a game you literally cant lose at, that's fine, but its not my cup of tea and that's why I said it would be just a gallery for my purposes if that is how it ended up in the end.

I think your going way off to one side when talking about what we want for difficulty; I just want the ability to lose if i play poorly, but you can literally kill everyone by running into them and win, this is my only real issue. I also want a relaxing experience, but your gonna have to give me a difficulty option at the very least then if this is the baseline experience we are to expect.

Lastly, nobody is denying the artwork quality here, it is exceptional. That's why i want it to be better implemented into the gameplay experience, instead of purposefully going out of my way to see it, or just mind numbingly run through a level and auto win. I dont think the things we want out of this are really as far off as you are making it out to be.

Last edited:
Wasn't Kirby this easy as well? I vaguely remember only the bosses being difficult.

Back