What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Mithos56] Sorceress's Tale

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Unreal Engine 4] Meridiana’s Magical Investigations - Stealth 3D Game

Velsomnia, the version released to the public so far has the goblins try to grab you, instead of you seducing them, so I believe you are playing the same version everyone else is. Although there should be some invisible walls stopping you from falling off the map!

At this time, it is just the goblin, the project is still young and I have not made any other enemies yet. There is no way to beat the level, as this is not so much a full demo but a prototype build in progress.

HentaiProdigy, good call! No the animations aren't just clipping! The plan is to make sure each creature has its own sex animations, and those will be unique between the creature and the heroine, Meridiana.

velsomnia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I think I may have bugged it by teleporting outside the map when I was trying to run from a goblin.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dartred, I've been searching around for an answer, and the best I can find is to try a few things.

First, included with my game build should be a prereq setup. You can find this in the Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us/UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe. Try running that in administrator mode.

If that doesn't work, I've read some users have had luck going to their control panel/add-remove programs and doing a repair on the microsoft visual c++ redist packages. (They right click on them and choose repair).

I don't know if that will fix it, but its really the best I could find.
try the first idea and no luck, same thing. in my control panel to add/remove programs. it only gave me the option to uninstall them. nothing about repair.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Dartred, I'm really sorry then I'm not sure how to fix the problem outside of those solutions. I'll keep looking and if I find anything I'll let you know!

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sounds good. you tried to help and i appreciate it.

amoredcore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

sounds good. you tried to help and i appreciate it.
Urgh sorry i couldn't recreate what was causing this problem at all, can i just ask what operating system your using? there might be a link to the operating system in use and the error that is popping up. As far as i know Visual C++ Redistributable Packages only run on OS up to windows 8.1 and below e.g Windows 7.

Your hardware should be able to run Unreal engine 4 stuff regardless unless DX10 if you have windows 10 is causing problems... Causing conflicts...

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i'm using windows 7 ultimate. here's a little more on that

kka

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Try to install DirectX:
Code:
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Some guy on the UE forums had a similar Problem and the devs there said, that DirectX and Visual C++ 2013 Runtimes are the only prerequisites:
Code:
forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?6848-Required-dependencies-for-UE4-games
(the DirectX link in the first post of the UE thread above is offline)

apachesp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really Nice.

The beta itself (or even prealfa) works nice, I'v seen only once a goblin in "bad position", so instead of a blowjob she was receiving an "eye fuck". And, if two or more goblins are together, one of them wil "fuck the air".

The game itself looks really nice. The animations are great, the heroine is sexy, and the camera control and heroine movement is just "PERFECT".

Waiting for this game to see how evolves. If the history and gameplay are as good as predicted, would be a must to buy.

PaladinZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow that was really great!
For such an early view of the game the animation,with a few exceptions ie toons not lining up and humping air, it was solid. I will keep my eyes open to for this one.
I wonder is there any other games using this engine out there?

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The game is looking prettty good overall. Love the main character :D. I just maybe miss a bit more of a customized ui in terms of fonts and maybe different bar layouts.

I know of at least two more in development but are still unannounced he he :rolleyes: xD

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for all the kind words!

The problem with the animations not lining up properly has since been corrected, and now they don't hump the air anymore. I have also upgraded it in the latest build so there are different animations if there are two goblins vs just the one.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Neat, the misalignment during animations was the only negative thing I could say about this. Great modeling work by the way! Interesting game that I'll definitely be keeping an eye on.

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Wow that was really great!
For such an early view of the game the animation,with a few exceptions ie toons not lining up and humping air, it was solid. I will keep my eyes open to for this one.
Only other game I know that uses it is Whorecraft.

Here's the blog.

Ironn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

like the quality of the 3D models, waiting for the continuation.

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Quite nice. Though I think the timing of the breast bounce is a little preemptive when she's on her back. The transfer of motion and energy needs to happen, and it's kind of reaching a peak before there's any real force enacted on her frame. The timing of the breast swing with her on all fours giving a blow job is fine, it appears.

Did you model her lips after Angelina Jolie? Because that's who's they remind me of.

And finally, one of my biggest pet peeves in H-games is lack of hip movement. We use our hips A LOT, so play around with that idea a bit more; she just looks stiff at the moment.

swiftmoon101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this might sound stupid but... is the current demo only for 64-bit?

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this might sound stupid but... is the current demo only for 64-bit?
The first demo was, and someone pointed out that they'd like a 32 bit version.

I actually just released my more updated build to the public on my patreon, that is a little more updated. It does have a 32bit and 64 bit version

patreon.com/posts/4522696?alert=1

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

downloading it now :D

Will be back later to comment about it. This time i'll try to do it in a developer perspective (yeah as an ue4 dev myself).

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ok so i played it and i have to say it much more better than the first one i tried.
Love Meridiana and love the animations. Also love the mgs alert sound haha.

Have a question tho, what are the probability percentage for getting one sex animation or the other? cuz of all the test with all the enemies i did only got the sucking one all the time and the fuck only once.

Well now as a dev i'll mention what i saw even if they're obvious a wip and is ment to be changed.
- Now it got sounds yay! But there's always the same footstep when you're clearly walking on different terrain types, that made it sound a bit weird.
- The radius to be able to use a spell is too small (maybe is it just a single line trace?) so it makes it really hard to make the fight dynamically attractive. Also the light spell is pretty useless when the enemies are chasing you because it always goes away without hitting anyone. Maybe just like the teleport targeting system you should implement an enemy targeting system for the spells?
- The enemy ai acts weird. They can find you pretty easy sometimes even when Meridiana is at his back (even on stealthy mode). Other weird thing i found is that they usually get stuck with almost everything. I saw them walking against walls and boxes.
- Found a bug when Meridiana seduces an enemy that is near a wall. He will clip inside after finishing the animation. What can cause another bug because if you active the sex animations, Meridiana will clip inside the mesh too.
- Another suggestion on the skill usage would be to use the fordward vector of the camera instead of the character. This way it makes it faster to fight (just like the aim to the camera function mgs 3/4/v have)
-Found the transition between the sucking animation to the idle one a bit weird... Meridiana seems to alter its rotation in other than the yaw when she's transitioning back to idle.
-About the animations; they look pretty good and that's why i'd like to make this suggestion to you and is that you should use matinee to make them a bit more cinematic. This way you can add camera planes to focus it in a more detailed way. The camera planes would change during the animations just to give a more cinematic feel as i said.
-Two suggestion about the stealthy part of the game: The sound is VERY important so you should lower the music volume and increase the ingame sounds like footsteps (and the enemies movements to so ppl can find them more easily). In the stealth mode you should get the camera closer to Meridiana to make it easier to find enemies too. Just because when Meridian's crouching she can't run, this mode should act in some way like an aiming mode (talking about the camera). TLoU has this system when crouching if i recall.
-Are you planning to add any way to alert the player when the enemy is about to see you? just to make it possible to hide in the right moment. Some screen indication or maybe a radar?
-I'm wondering what's the use for enemy looting. Right now i just found it prints a text in screen with a number haha I really want to know what that will be used for. Money perhaps? to buy more skills hmmm :D
-Now the skills use the stamina param... So what's the use for the magic power param now?
-Btw love the ui on the enemy bodies to loot :) But i think the hud bars needs more customization (custom bars instead of umg ones) as i mentioned in my other post.

I think that's it. I end up mixing question on it too but i hope you find it useful. And just remember i mentioned things like the hud bars that i know it may not be your current priority but just wanted to point everything i found ^^.

This game has potential and i really want to see where it gets once it has real environments (instead of the placeholders) with its gameplay and story.

Last edited: