What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Mithos56] Sorceress's Tale

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [Unreal Engine 4] Meridiana’s Magical Investigations - Stealth 3D Game

After pressing every button on my keyboard
All the controls are listed in the README.txt in the game directory apart from one:

I would like to see a full-nude mode
You can trigger nudity with the press of N button. This way you can also trigger clothed sex by enabling the outfit back during sex scenes

@Mithos56
The game looks awesome!
Are you planning to have sexual encounters by just seducing enemies and having sex with them afterwards? Or are there any plans for combat rape? Sexy traps maybe?
Would be nice if the monsters would rape Meridiana to give her the long lasting 'well-fucked' debuff ora maybe hampering her progress some other way. I just don't really like the whole "monsters will kill you' concept. So I was interested in how you are planning to handle sex in your game.

Also, it is currently possible to kill yourself by teleporting too much :)

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cyborg999, that is certainly a fair concern to have and I understand concerns with Early Access type things. My only problem comes in that I simple don't have the funding to make a complete game before reveal, and I prefer transparency.

One thing I try to do is give out assets I build as I go. For example, the models for the enemies characters and succubus are on my patreon available to anyone who joins!

But if you do prefer to wait until something is more complete, I totally understand that!

Stranger, I hadn't really planned for the monsters to rape Meridiana at all, but as people keep asking about it, it may come up in specific situations. One of my intentions was that you don't have to lose to see the sex stuff, but if people prefer that, I can certainly think of a few situations where it would be appropriate.

Are sexy traps planned? Yes, yes they are.

Finally, yes, casting to many magic spells can end up draining your magic, although the teleport spell killing you is something I didn't catch, and will correct.

@Shadowknight, I'm sorry, I do have plans to build a demo that has more of a tutorial in it!

DarkExecutor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Mithos56

Hi, it's nice to see new build of your project, it looks better and better:) Unfortunately new build didn't run on my PC, here are some details about this problem, I hope that it will help you to determine the source of this error: when the app starts, it asks to install VC++ 2015 Redistributable and then after the install of the update of VC++ Redistributable (from UE4 Prerequisites included with your build or from Microsoft website - it doesn't matter) the application shows such error: "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

I did small research about this error, it seems that some of the latest updates to VC++ 2015 Redist includes some DLL that can't be installed on Windows 7 without SP1 or SP2 (I have Windows 7 Ultimate without SPs), so that is why it's missing. I tried to add this DLL manually, but it seems that it has some other dependencies on other DLLs, included into that update to VC++ 2015 Redist and that is why such solution doesn't work.
On UE4 side, I guess, that such problem is caused by some Visual Studio update (presumably, 3rd) which forces VS to include such dependency into the build. I didn't have such errors when I tested your first builds, so I guess that such explanation is correct. If you have an ability to make some build without such dependencies using old VS or just turn off some option that uses newest VS Redist - that would be extremely cool:) Also I guess that it's easy to check my hypothesis just by running the app on vanilla Windows 7 without SPs, maybe I'm wrong.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Mithos56

Hi, it's nice to see new build of your project, it looks better and better:) Unfortunately new build didn't run on my PC, here are some details about this problem, I hope that it will help you to determine the source of this error: when the app starts, it asks to install VC++ 2015 Redistributable and then after the install of the update of VC++ Redistributable (from UE4 Prerequisites included with your build or from Microsoft website - it doesn't matter) the application shows such error: "The program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1.0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

I did small research about this error, it seems that some of the latest updates to VC++ 2015 Redist includes some DLL that can't be installed on Windows 7 without SP1 or SP2 (I have Windows 7 Ultimate without SPs), so that is why it's missing. I tried to add this DLL manually, but it seems that it has some other dependencies on other DLLs, included into that update to VC++ 2015 Redist and that is why such solution doesn't work.
On UE4 side, I guess, that such problem is caused by some Visual Studio update (presumably, 3rd) which forces VS to include such dependency into the build. I didn't have such errors when I tested your first builds, so I guess that such explanation is correct. If you have an ability to make some build without such dependencies using old VS or just turn off some option that uses newest VS Redist - that would be extremely cool:) Also I guess that it's easy to check my hypothesis just by running the app on vanilla Windows 7 without SPs, maybe I'm wrong.
I honestly don't know much about this, but I'll look into it and see if I can't get it working!

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Stranger, I hadn't really planned for the monsters to rape Meridiana at all, but as people keep asking about it, it may come up in specific situations. One of my intentions was that you don't have to lose to see the sex stuff, but if people prefer that, I can certainly think of a few situations where it would be appropriate.
Oh, I don't like losing to see sex scenes either. I was hoping for something along the lines of combat rape. Or monsters raping Meridiana and giving her debuffs that will force her to, for example, stay away from monsters (lose spellcasting ability for a time) or lose her clothes, which give her bonus stats, or prevent her from running for some time. Just so that monsters use sex as their attack but never actually defeat Meridiana.
I know all this is too vague and might not be in the game. I am just voicing my own preferences. But the game is ultimately yours to design. So do what YOU want with it :)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Are sexy traps planned? Yes, yes they are.
Hahaha, ;)

Great timing on that question!

One of my favorite features on this work is the totally free-movement camera, nothing ruins a good h-game like not being able to see the action.

Might want to think about adding toggle-able a light-source during h-animations though.

Kuroneko.

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Why does everytime is click on the lastest demo post from the patreon it brings me to the upload page of mega instead of letting me download it?

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Why does everytime is click on the lastest demo post from the patreon it brings me to the upload page of mega instead of letting me download it?
because you need to copy and paste the whole address and not just click the highlitable link.

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You can trigger nudity with the press of N button. This way you can also trigger clothed sex by enabling the outfit back during sex scenes
Yes, I know about the "N" button, but oots and stockings does not equal full nude. Some of us like legs and feet.... ;-)

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, I know about the "N" button, but oots and stockings does not equal full nude. Some of us like legs and feet.... ;-)
Oh, my apologies then. I didn't realise that it is indeed not a full nude mode :)

I, personally, do not like when characters are fully nude and prefer at least some clothing. The best thing for me is when almost everything is visible but there is still some coverage i.e. transparent outfits or very skimpy clothes :)
I like the outfits so far. I wonder if they will be separated into parts at some point: i.e. panties, stockings, top, bottom etc.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I do have a nude completely model done, and she will appear nude at some points!

I can make a toggle in the options so that it switches to that when the player does a sex scene. Although it would look a bit weird with her running around because of her heels!

I can also look at special lighting for the animations, but I do plan on adjusting the way the work a bit. I'll be sure to keep the moveable camera.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I have played the demo a few times now but never thought to try it with a gamepad (xbox controller ) does it work and if not do you think there will be plans for it to work with a controller in the future? If not that's fine just a nice alternative to keyboard and mouse. Loving the game either way !!!

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have played the demo a few times now but never thought to try it with a gamepad (xbox controller ) does it work and if not do you think there will be plans for it to work with a controller in the future? If not that's fine just a nice alternative to keyboard and mouse. Loving the game either way !!!
Controller is my ultimate goal, it should mostly work on a controller right now, but currently its better with mouse and keyboard.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I played the latest demo with my old 360 gamepad, only problem I had is I couldn't figure out which button would kill enemies.

Also: Could you put in code to stop enemies from doing a complete 180 turn right before the player gets to them? One of the most frustrating things about the stealth genre. I understand if you can't or don't feel it's that big of a deal though.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I played the latest demo with my old 360 gamepad, only problem I had is I couldn't figure out which button would kill enemies.

Also: Could you put in code to stop enemies from doing a complete 180 turn right before the player gets to them? One of the most frustrating things about the stealth genre. I understand if you can't or don't feel it's that big of a deal though.
Yeah I don't think all the attacks are properly bound for a controller yet, I can't remember, but you may not be able to cast spells with the controller.

The enemies should only turn around if they hear you, which they can't do if you're sneaking.

Otherwise if they turn around its because they decided to walk in that direction. For this build the enemies have no patrol path, and that should make them more predictable in the future. Sorry about that!

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

The enemies should only turn around if they hear you, which they can't do if you're sneaking.

Otherwise if they turn around its because they decided to walk in that direction. For this build the enemies have no patrol path, and that should make them more predictable in the future. Sorry about that!
Just remembered a thought I had on this topic: when sneaking on an enemy and having it turn around and notice me - I tried to teleport directly behind it and was kind of surprised that the enemy was immediately aware that I was now behind him. I thought that for all intents and purposes I should have just vanished from his sight in a *poof*. I do understand that the enemies are probably just not set up for this type of behaviour. That could be a tactic to counter enemies turning 180 degrees and spotting the player. Unless you specifically want enemies to always track the teleported player.

Mithos56

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just remembered a thought I had on this topic: when sneaking on an enemy and having it turn around and notice me - I tried to teleport directly behind it and was kind of surprised that the enemy was immediately aware that I was now behind him. I thought that for all intents and purposes I should have just vanished from his sight in a *poof*. I do understand that the enemies are probably just not set up for this type of behaviour. That could be a tactic to counter enemies turning 180 degrees and spotting the player. Unless you specifically want enemies to always track the teleported player.
The teleport has one problem in that if you do an unaimed quick teleport, it sometimes puts you slightly in the air, and landing from that small fall makes a noise the enemy hears. I hadn't really though about how much that can effect stealth, so I can fix that pretty quick!

As far as teleporting behind them to get away, its something I'm still playing around with. How easy do i want it to be for players to escape enemy sight?

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

I found that aiming lower usually put me on the ground rather than slightly in the air.

That slight fall can be mitigated by a short fall distance check, no? At least for now.

With regards to escaping enemy sight: you can probably have something like: if player teleported and no longer in sight - check behind in a second or something like that. You can have different behaviours for different enemy types, which would make sense - some are smarter than others.

Exa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't know if there was a feedback for this, but playing with an azerty keyboard is extremely hard.
Switching my keyboard to qwerty mode didnt change the in-game controls for some reason.

I can't tell if it's a problem coming from me or not.

Maybe the option to remap controls could be a good addition if it isnt too hard to add.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty sure that the author mentioned customisable controls are on the to-do list.