What's new

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Modding Succubus Quest

I'm very glad to hear that it's working smoothly. I had left the bit of text in the tavern untranslated because what he was trying to say was unclear - it will be corrected and reworded in the next patch. There should also be limited defeat dialogue after you lose in battle - not a full scene, just a line or two of text. If that's not showing up then it may be the next bug to look into.

My next push is going to be translating the maps and story, with the goal of having most of the town, dungeon, and story translated within 2 weeks.

The missing P_files have me a little worried, but they're looking troublesome to move over. Hopefully leaving them out won't lead to any game breaking bugs - we'll see!

Strange, thanks for making all of those files available. Having MOB pictures change depending on their status really spices it up.

Next patch/post will be this weekend unless something comes up/game breaking bugs are found/etc.
About the only post-orgasm dialogue I can think of is just the bit about Lars being "pushed down".
EDIT:
I saw some dialogue come up for Nekomata is she makes Lars cum... but it was untranslated, and it also basically locked the game up as the dialogue couldn't advance. So I guess its a bug.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Modding Succubus Quest

Nya saw some dialogue come up for Nekomata is she makes Lars purrr... but it was untranslated, and it also basically locked the game up as the dialogue couldn't advance. So nya guess its a bug.
Edit: nyan, this quote was purrposedly edit by nyan truly, and meowth not reflect the orrriginal writer's inyantentions. Nyan!

This bug was fun :D Brings back fond memories of sleepless nights and premature hair loss. Good times! :)

Useless kitty puns
Let's play a game of "spot the difference"!
\a[\v[105]]「ニャぁん、もうイっちゃったニャぁ?\w[\v[105]] 
\a[\v[105]]「ニャぁん、もうイっちゃったニャぁ?\w[\v[105]]
1...2...go!
........What's the matter, cat got your tongue? :p I swear there is one :rolleyes:
Edit: In the rxdata file provided (commonevents in that case), the " " (blank) character is missing at the end of some "show text" command. This might cause the text to freeze when the game waits for an non-existant character ("blank") to show.

Jokes and cats furballs, aside, here the bugfix rxdata (extract/replace into DATA). I messed around and went transnyanting these 2 lines for fun.

Note to Clay: this bug is somewhat related to the previously mention "m"/555 issue (the way text is spliced to alter the way it's displayed)
If you're sure you haven't tinkered with the original commonevent.rxdata with anything else than a)RPGM and b)Your decrypter, I recommend you use another decrypter.

I guess it'd be Larsko technically... but you know, like Ayexctko? A female version, ahahahaha.
But I guess as this isn't a dream, it wouldn't really work and it'd make the story pretty strange suddenly...

Any plans to go back to SQ2 by the way Strange?
As much as I'm partial to tomboyish redeads, Lars is a bit too manly a character for that to work out... Plus, no relevant pics available. Too bad. :(

I'll never completely quit Succubus Quest. I'm the overfaithful yandere type and all that.
More seriously, I have set my standards unrealistically high for my (lack of) expertise, not to mention RL stuff. So yeah, true or not, it's best to assume I won't do any more for SQ2. <plays sad violin tune> Well, back to work!

Attachments

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: moding sucubus quest

Here's new sq_patch for SQ1.

in the box:
- SQ_Patch.rb with squd102 content, my previous fixes, prim and proper support for __C (crisis) __S / __Z (bukkake) sprites. Also, some fixes and Rovissa sprites support. Kudos to sqdev, not to me.
- Pretty much compatible with any SQ1 version 1.02 or prior, no matter the language... I think? ;)

- SQ_Patch 3.3.12 (sqdev) for anybody who want to double-check what I've picked from it and why

Exemple of usable battler sprites (succubus):
Enemy-Succubus.png Normal
Enemy-Succubus__C.png Critical
Enemy-Succubus__CS.png Critical, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_I.png Inserted
Enemy-Succubus_I__S.png Inserted, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_I__SZ.png Inserted, bukkake, creampie
Enemy-Succubus_I__Z.png Inserted, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_I__C.png Inserted, Critical
Enemy-Succubus_I__CS.png Inserted, Critical, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_I__CSZ.png Inserted, Critical, bukkake, creampie
Enemy-Succubus_I__CZ.png Inserted, Critical, creampie
Enemy-Succubus_N.png Nude
Enemy-Succubus_N__S.png Nude, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_N__SZ.png Nude, bukkin, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_N__C.png Nude, Critical
Enemy-Succubus_N__CS.png Nude, Critical, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_N__CSZ.png Nude, Critical, creampie, bukkake
Enemy-Succubus_N__CZ.png Nude, Critical, creampie

Yes, the default names are different from SQ2. No, I won't change that ^_^
EDIT2: fixed. Added support for dash with SHIFT key, free of charge.

Attachments

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

in the box:
- SQ_Patch.rb with squd102 content, my previous fixes, prim and proper support for __C (crisis) __S / __Z (bukkake) sprites. Also, some fixes and Rovissa sprites support. Kudos to sqdev, not to me.
- Pretty much compatible with any SQ1 version 1.02 or prior, no matter the language... I think? ;)

- SQ_Patch 3.3.12 (sqdev) for anybody who want to double-check what I've picked from it and why

Gimme that box.
Also that SHIFT change is nice. It's awkward trying to hold Enter...

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

in the box:

Hell of a great patch. Thank you! That really adds a ton of immersion to the game. It's like a Game of the Year edition, hah.

Thanks as well for the PM, Strange. The untranslated game uses a lot of the wait commands that I've been toying around with. Recognizing where the errors are likely to occur is a huge weight off of my mind. I'll be using that when I go back and mess with the script some. Silly question, but what exactly are the units measured? I know \\w is wait, then \v105 would be, like, a variable of 105 I imagine - but are they milliseconds or something else? Next time I do a proper pass over combat text I want to use the wait command to make the dialogue pause long enough to be read.

Also, I'm still alive and working on the game. So far I've got Guruppen proper translated and I'm now working on the castle. I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, so I haven't had much to post - I don't want to put up a patch for just one town and no quest dialogue, especially when dungeons seem to be a lot easier to translate. I promise to have a patch put up either Sunday or Monday, with the next dungeon or two of the story here.

I want to also thank you all for the feedback and information. You're turning what would have been a mind-breaking chore into a fun hobby. Cheers!

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Hell of a great patch. Thank you! That really adds a ton of immersion to the game. It's like a Game of the Year edition, hah.

Thanks as well for the PM, Strange. The untranslated game uses a lot of the wait commands that I've been toying around with. Recognizing where the errors are likely to occur is a huge weight off of my mind. I'll be using that when I go back and mess with the script some. Silly question, but what exactly are the units measured? I know \\w is wait, then \v105 would be, like, a variable of 105 I imagine - but are they milliseconds or something else? Next time I do a proper pass over combat text I want to use the wait command to make the dialogue pause long enough to be read.

Also, I'm still alive and working on the game. So far I've got Guruppen proper translated and I'm now working on the castle. I'm not as far along as I'd like to be, so I haven't had much to post - I don't want to put up a patch for just one town and no quest dialogue, especially when dungeons seem to be a lot easier to translate. I promise to have a patch put up either Sunday or Monday, with the next dungeon or two of the story here.

I want to also thank you all for the feedback and information. You're turning what would have been a mind-breaking chore into a fun hobby. Cheers!
How do you even use the patch actually... I'm not sure where a .rb file is meant to go...

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

How do you even use the patch actually... I'm not sure where a .rb file is meant to go...
:confused: If you dash with shift, you've done it right.
And of course, you won't have any new pics displayed if they don't exist in /GRAPHICS/BATTLERS, just like with SQ2.
SQ_Patch.rb goes into main dir, along game.exe, game.ini... SQDT made it so the Ruby (rb) code within is loaded and overrides base script (scripts.rxdata in RGSSAD) when the game is launched.

That's sqdev's work, and barely 1% of it - I'd say less than that. Some versions have ~180 battlers, most of them with custom messages, skills and whatnot. The Japanese community gave SQDT the praise and fanwork they deserve.

You're turning what would have been a mind-breaking chore into a fun hobby. Cheers!
It's nice to hear I didn't sound like an old disheartening mule, for once. :)

About your question:
*Warning* Do not read if you think Ruby is:
- a red gemstone
- a whore
- hanging around the Gold Saucer

v[104]:メッセージスピード1 (message speed 1 - delay, actually)
v[105]:メッセージスピード2 (message speed 2 - delay, actually)
They are $game_variables[integer] used by RPGM. In that case, they are used as a # of "ticks" which are RPGM's smallest time unit. No idea what the tick/ms ratio is, though.

#def initialize in Window_Message
case $game_system.message_speed
when "slow"
$game_variables[104] = 30
$game_variables[105] = 55
when "normal"
$game_variables[104] = 20
$game_variables[105] = 45
when "fast"
$game_variables[104] = 15
$game_variables[105] = 35
end

SQ_patch.rb redefines them though, CTRL+F for "alias squd100_update" to have a peek.

If you want to know what your skill message goes through:
module RPG, class Skill, def message -> returns string
->used in superclass Battler, def bm_useskill
->buffered in class Game_Temp, message_text
->processed/displayed in Window_Message

Also in Window_Message, all the pretty little commuters and their lenghty processing chain. Not that hard to understand, but a pain in the fanny to remember.

IMHO, it's best to keep the original format; playing around the commuters is often a big, risky waste of time. It takes quite the effort to remember how to use them all, they're hard to bend to your wishes, and last but not least, I sincerely doubt we can do better than what SQDT did. Not breaking anything in the process is already a tad challenging. :p

For instance, I think the Neko messages were intended to have a rythm, from a smooth purring (normal text), to a playful, unpredictable kitten (irregular waits in "clean face"), to a staccato, panting feline (crisis message)...
Converting all this into backslashes, commuters and numbers? Heck. :eek:

BTW, Variables names, Switches names, Common Events names can be edited safely(AFAIK) for your convenience.
+1 for wolfy's "I like it ruff" - puns are hard to revive in a translation-dattebayo.

Edit: the issue might be on my end, but the 4th part of enemies.rxdata (name.split(/\//)[3], the character/temper) looks strange:
orig:サキュバス/3/A/AC/32
your;Succubus/3/A/1100000/32 AC->1100000 ?
orig:インプ/2/B/EL/30
your:Imp/2/B/0010020/30 EL->0010020 ?
I havent done proper testing, but do you know where this change originated?

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

:confused: If you dash with shift, you've done it right.
And of course, you won't have any new pics displayed if they don't exist in /GRAPHICS/BATTLERS, just like with SQ2.
SQ_Patch.rb goes into main dir, along game.exe, game.ini... SQDT made it so the Ruby (rb) code within is loaded and overrides base script (scripts.rxdata in RGSSAD) when the game is launched.
Strange, I did plop it into the main folder but it doesn't seem to work for me. The new pictures are in that big ol' mega pack you posted earlier, right?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Strange, I did plop it into the main folder but it doesn't seem to work for me. The new pictures are in that big ol' mega pack you posted earlier, right?
And they go into SQDIR/GRAPHICS/BATTLERS, where ~3000 files should nest.

Make sure you are NOT using F12 to reset / go back to title. I forgot to add support for that.

I've noticed some inconsistencies with bukkake thingy, since I moved my script from Common Events, where it should belong. A fix would probably interfere with Clay's work right now; I'll do that his next update.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

And they go into SQDIR/GRAPHICS/BATTLERS, where ~3000 files should nest.

Make sure you are NOT using F12 to reset / go back to title. I forgot to add support for that.

I've noticed some inconsistencies with bukkake thingy, since I moved my script from Common Events, where it should belong. A fix would probably interfere with Clay's work right now; I'll do that his next update.
I don't even get the Shift thing to work so I don't think the .rb is working for me, for some reason.

I'm so bad at this manually patching stuff. Where's my pre-patched download!? :p

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Simple test: try this dfiles.eu/files/zr4nctf3j - copy into main SQ1 dir (sorry to ask, but you are using Lars' Succubus Quest, not SQ2, right?)

If file loads properly, you'll get a system message when running SQ1's game.exe.
- I've upped the dash speed so you can't not notice whether you are dashing or not
- we'll be sure whatever zip manager you're using didn't break the file
- Never, ever use basic Notepad or simple text editor to edit .rb files. Just move the file, do not try and open it, pretty please :)
- Do not rename the file either
Well that worked. I got the nice little system pop up so!
Maybe it was WinZip messing it up the zip manager or something...
EDIT:
Seems one of the patches, or maybe my putting in the Battler folder broke something... all battles always end in the enemy fleeing even if I win. Oops...

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry to doublepost, but something I just remembered.

When you start the game proper you hear about Marsha and all that, but when you fight her, she's called Marcia. Just a bit of a continuity thing!

FlyingClay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the heads up. I'll make sure the names are consistent.

Not much time last week to work on the game. Currently still on Guruppen castle, so it's not in a place where I want to release anything. Work is being done though.

Next update should be sometime during the week.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Not much time last week to work on the game. Currently still on Guruppen castle, so it's not in a place where I want to release anything. Work is being done though.

Next update should be sometime during the week.
Still, at least its coming!
I also think Marsha's 'defeat' dialogue is a bit bugged. It sounds like the Dyrad's line (We'll stay in the forest together forever) or something, and I think a Villager Man line pops up really quick into it too for some reason...

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Take your time :)

As far as SQDT's original names go (the ones Civmit translated, not just romanized), you can fin most in original Map names and Battler names. So "Marsha", "Gruppen" and so on. Sorry I didn't keep a log - I'll try and do so next time I'm able to.

Be careful when you change scripts to recognize names - it will impede proofreaders' work, or just add to your own workload.

My translate script for SQ short story won't have SQ1 items,armors or places, but all vanilla enemies should be there if you need them. I'd need to refine my Encyclopaedia entries too, but I can vouch all the data to be accurate and reflecting SQDT's concept, though I'm only fluent in so many Eurpean languages.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

A month huh...? This still going?

Offhand, Strange do you happen to have a patched SQ2 still layin' around? I broke mine somehow...

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A month huh...? This still going?

Offhand, Strange do you happen to have a patched SQ2 still layin' around? I broke mine somehow...
Let's wait and see. SQ games are hard to translate and harder to tinker with. At least for me :)

My current SQ2s are undergoing surgery, as always ^_^ All the patches should be on this thread. Tell me if anything's missing.
You'll need the original SQ2Ex in any case - I suggest you keep a 'factory' version somewhere safe.