Oh bother.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Island OOC chat

I should... Probably... Get to posting...

But I'm having such difficulty making that first step, especially since I don't even think Neo knows what the hell he'd like out of his thread.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I should... Probably... Get to posting...

But I'm having such difficulty making that first step, especially since I don't even think Neo knows what the hell he'd like out of his thread.
Should I make a map?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Due to a request and my own desire to give folks a bit to read, I've posted a rip and edit of the MGE Settings translation. It explains much of the basics of the world of MGI, and should help people understand, at least to some degree, the way of the world.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And god damn it I hate invisible members.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hello, and thank you for tuning into the Daily Raptor. Today I'm going to answer some Q&A from one of our viewers.

Q: Are there only monsters on the island?

A: No, there are humans, angels, and devils as well. The Island has everything you'd expect from an ordinary world, and acts just like one except for the fact that it's a small sealed portion of the world at large.

Q: Am I to take it that most if not all the humans on the island hate monster girls?

A: Most humans do hate monster girls, but some do not. Among those who do not are single women, select men, and of course those humans who live happy lives as the husbands of the monsters who courted them.

Q: Can the outside be pretty much like anything we want it to be as long as it's mote or less your typical standard high medeival fantasy setting?

A: It's a large world outside of the island, and the island itself is the center point of each of the cultures that exist around it. So, yes, as long as your character isn't Shepard from Mass Effect, your idea for a character can be anything you want.

Ryu Doppler

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

The update to the encyclopedia is quite an interesting read, and certainly brings a lot of the setting to light. As well as many of the various circumstances revolving around in the story. Though it does bring up a certain dark morality concerning Persephone and her influence. If someone really did find a way, no matter how nearly inconceivable it might be, to destroy her, and cause the monster girls to revert back in form and personality to their original bestial form and natures well...it would be a pretty big dick move. Imagine the horror on many people's faces as their monster wives suddenly turned bestial and just murder-devoured them. O_O

Also from the questionnaire, it's refreshing to note the leniency in regards to the world's exterior visage outside the island. I genuinely prefer medieval fantasy settings myself, with a sprinkling of steampunk, and a few various other elements thrown in for good measure. Overall, the kind of setting/elements that mesh and match pretty well to the current setting I believe. Or at least shouldn't have any big conflicts that couldn't be ironed out.

I do have to ask in the terms of this setting if certain 'monsters' were just merely pure beasts before or if they were actually their own race/culture before in a less monster girl form. Traditional things like Centaurs, Mermaids, Lizardmen and the like come to mind. Separate from humans with their own evolved race and had their own society. It's just something I'm wondering.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lizardmen were a race that looked entirely reptilian in nature. Suikoden 3 is a good example of what they would have previously looked like. Humanoid in shape, but covered in scales, with an inhuman face. They were not meant to be attractive, unless you had the fetish that those labeled as 'furries' have. Their culture changed somewhat. They used to be a thriving culture of their own, yes, but after the change that succubus magic brought, all children had by the lizard girls were the same as their mothers, human in appearance. And that was to say they had sex at all, as all the attractive traits the males saw in the females had vanished in favor of their transformation being more appealing to human males. So, instead of training to be a strong culture to defend their home, they travel much more, and train to become as strong as they can, so that a strong human can best them, and marry them.

Mermaids only changed to be, again, an all female race, so now they seek out human males for romance. Other than that, their culture is only different now that humans are living underwater.

And centaurs are completely the same, cept for the same, female only dilemma. So their children come from humans.

Elves are the same, since most are not corrupted. But those that are, are seen outside of elf villages, since they are the same as monsters. Elven villages, much the same as the pure villages, are often much closer to human settlements, as they end up moving on their own towards mentioned humans, as their bodies seek to mate with them.

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Ah, I think I get ya. Some of the monster girls before were beast people(Furry basically), some looked as they are now but with both genders and some were just plain non-sentient visceral monsters.

In the setting, does the curse that changed the monsters cover the entire planet or only the island? And would there be potential splinter populations outside of the island that are not effected by the curse? Like a population of Centaurs, Lizardmen, or other beast people who could have survived. I assume it could be possible, and that their existence is a pretty rare one, hidden and quite uncommon except in certain circumstances (either of opportunity or tolerance), but I would want to know for sure.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

I read it and I liked it.

Here's a cookie.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The barrier that surrounds the island is meant to keep the succubus magic that afflicts it's residents from spreading. So yes, there are only monster girls on the island. Everywhere else, they're normal. And the encyclopedia mentions elven civilization who's population are not afflicted by the curse. They banish elven women who do become cursed by the succubus magic.

Elves are the most common sighting you'll see of non-corrupted beings, since they are extremely hostile, especially given the circumstances, towards anything alien to them. They have a "Leave us alone and we'll leave you alone" policy.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've updated the encyclopedia again with the main art that the artist behind MGE created for his book. This picture art features six characters that hold a somewhat important part in the story, and only two of those characters haven't been introduced yet. I'm interested to see if anyone can find which character are the odd ones out, and identify the rest.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've updated the encyclopedia again with the main art that the artist behind MGE created for his book. This picture art features six characters that hold a somewhat important part in the story, and only two of those characters haven't been introduced yet. I'm interested to see if anyone can find which character is the odd one out, and identify the rest.
Just guesses:
The demon in front is Jezebel.
The black haired one with the gold all over her is the Pharaoh from Garrans thread.
The crow girl with purple hair in the back is Cynthia.
The naga at the bottom is Cynder's mother.
The arachne on the left and the alruane on the right I'm not sure about.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The demon in the front is 'not' Jezebel.

Tassadar scores a point for guessing the pharaoh correctly

The harpy in the back is a Siren. Cynthia is a Crow Tengu.

The Naga at the bottom left does not have oval eyes like Cynder, therefor not his biological mother.

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

I've updated the encyclopedia again with the main art that the artist behind MGE created for his book. This picture art features six characters that hold a somewhat important part in the story, and only two of those characters haven't been introduced yet. I'm interested to see if anyone can find which character are the odd ones out, and identify the rest.
Odd one's out? Well that's obvious, it's the Siren and the Anubus because one has no boobs and the other isn't showing them.

Oh wait...you meant which character could go with a name don't you? Well assuming there are no liberties with the races and forms I'll go and guess...

Echidna - Jezebel (In the story she has no serpent body though)
Anubius - Hafsah (Pharaoh from Garran's thread)
Lilium - Ferris (Succubus demon lord from Cindi's thread)
Siren - The Siren Announcer from the Tournament?
Jurougumo - Unknown
Alraune - Unknown

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ryu wins by a landslide. He got every single one correct.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My 10'000th post was in Glenn's thread.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score