Monster Girl Island OOC chat

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Island OOC chat

Don't know if I want to make it too much like Magic the Gathering. The act of monsters depleting the 'life' of the other leader doesn't really sit well with me too much. When I thought of the idea, I was more leaning towards treating the deck as the life of the 'leader,' or 'hive.' Like if I happen to be using an 'Insect Deck,' it makes more sense if you have to get past all the forces of the hive before your own mamono forces reach their goal. And not every monster girl use equipment and tools anyhow, as they come with their own brutal weaponry. An exception might be something akin to a deck including lizardmen, orcs, and elves, since they're more keen on developing weapons, so if I were to make a card game based off of this, they'd be the deck with a special niche that included weapons to make them powerful.

I'm probably going to think of the mechanics myself, possibly using concepts seen in other card games (Hard to be original in this day and age), and include various decks with different play styles and strategies. And for fun, I'll include Hero cards. Like:

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, I'm not going to work on that game unless someone's going to play it. I'm gonna try to focus on posts.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

With the only promo card named after my character, I'll have to at least playtest it with you, MAF.

Still want my posts though. ;)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've already got Tass's interest, and now your's as well, it seems.

And I was feeling bad not long ago, thinking, "No way anyone likes this dumb idea." while I was actually digging the thought.

You people spoil me.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm still confused as to what the game would actually represent. Are the mamono fighting over the right to mate with the opponent? Are they actually fighting each other or is it more like they're sexing one another?

Maybe a mix of both? It could be like the old animayhem game where there was seduction combat or physical combat that you could choose to do depending on your strengths and play of certain cards. (Physical is the default, but a play of a card could change the "theater" of the conflict.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The game represents what would be actual battles between the various factions of mamono. They're not kind to each other, unless they're akin to the succubi, as the undead faction even kills some mamono in order to transform them into undead servants.

The goal of each faction is sometimes shared, but usually different. Aquatics seek to purify their magics from control that would slow their flow, and thusly chase others who come onto their territory away. Undead seek to turn the world into an undying paradise. Followers of Anubis seek to conquer the world, and establish Anubis as the god of that world. And Magi simply wish to destroy anything that might threaten human rule. So each of these factions collide at some point due to a conflict of interest, as even the angels and Magi don't get along, since the Magi dare use magic in a way that make themselves out to be the world's gods, rather than the angels themselves.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

ooh those silly magi. ;)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For those of you interested, I've put up some cards for certain decks in my albums for you to look at. I've got Undead and Magi up currently, for my test play with Tass who will likely win if my strategy works, and I'm working on an Aquatic deck for Blueslime.

After the test playthrough, if it's to their tastes, I'll put up a rules thread for everyone to read.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

I'm still confused as to what the game would actually represent. Are the mamono fighting over the right to mate with the opponent? Are they actually fighting each other or is it more like they're sexing one another?

Maybe a mix of both? It could be like the old animayhem game where there was seduction combat or physical combat that you could choose to do depending on your strengths and play of certain cards. (Physical is the default, but a play of a card could change the "theater" of the conflict.)
Yep, a little bit of both. Some cards have sexier abilities than other, while some just kill.

Another neat features is how amour cards work. Armour goes on a mamono and replaces her toughness. If when she's attacked, her new toughness is overcome, she loses her armour and reverts back to her original toughness. Combat quickly becomes striperific!

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Taken's talking about a different game than the one I'm working on.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

I'd play, but I'd rather have posts. '.'

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A post! A post! My slime kingdom for a post!

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

MAF's fallin behind. I think I might have to cut him off.

Ryu Doppler

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I don't hate cats... so please don't hate my posts ;_;

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Curse school. I just thought of how to reply to Prudence's thread before I realized I needed to finish my research paper on Hegel.

Tiffanian

Smut Slut
Reputation score

>research paper on Hegel

Just say "this is some bullshit" and you won't be wrong.

Also I miss updates. :<

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Get your ass in gear already, you bloody reptile.