What's new

MTool: RPGMaker/WolfRPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SGB/Bakin/Ren'Py Real-time cheat + one-click machine translation tool

PeacefulBandit

Reputation score
I had RJ356908 working with the tool just fine until a few days ago, but now the text has gone all weird with squares everywhere. Not sure if this is due to a game update or tool update.

View attachment 42438
View attachment 42439
Sorted, the game uses a custom font in it's game folder "VL-Gothic-Regular" which wasn't installed on my PC, the tool needs to be set to that font for this game. Every other font gives either boxes or Japanese characters everywhere.

Beccinium

Lurker
Reputation score
Is there any way to use this without updating? For some reason when I update the tool goes completely white and I can't do anything. I used to be able to use it a month or so ago.

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
Is there any way to use this without updating? For some reason when I update the tool goes completely white and I can't do anything. I used to be able to use it a month or so ago.
You must update to use the online translation function, other functions do not need to.
You should join my Discord server and have a remote assistance session with me when we both have time.

Michi123

Reputation score
After updating my PC MTool wont load translatino files ("TrsData.json") anymore. It dosn't matter if I create the json or if I use MTools MTL feature it just says "Translation data is beeing processed, please wait" and nothing happens (waitet like 15mins). Bevore I updated it took 5sec max to load the translation. Is there anything I can do? (ReDownloading and Updating the Tool dosn't change anything)

Edit: The "TrsData.json" created by MTool does seem to load, but its not a Json file anymore (maybe a Bson file?). Does that mean I'll have to convert my previous json files to bson?

Last edited:
OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
After updating my PC MTool wont load translatino files ("TrsData.json") anymore. It dosn't matter if I create the json or if I use MTools MTL feature it just says "Translation data is beeing processed, please wait" and nothing happens (waitet like 15mins). Bevore I updated it took 5sec max to load the translation. Is there anything I can do? (ReDownloading and Updating the Tool dosn't change anything)

Edit: The "TrsData.json" created by MTool does seem to load, but its not a Json file anymore (maybe a Bson file?). Does that mean I'll have to convert my previous json files to bson?
It's should load with no problems, as far i know only you have questions about it.
You should join my Discord server and we'll take a look at it remotely sometime.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I second this. While it works flawlessly once the antivirus is switched off, it is annoying having to update this tool for EVERY game you download. Otherwise it is 5/5 stars.

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
I second this. While it works flawlessly once the antivirus is switched off, it is annoying having to update this tool for EVERY game you download. Otherwise it is 5/5 stars.
Before that I allowed every stay at old version, then everyday some come to me ask m about the issue has been already fixed.
I tried make an hint like "Update before yelling for help", but didn't work.

So I decided force everyone to update.
Anyway get everyone at same environment make a lot easy to development.

And I have to make paid users get some real benefit, since there really no some big benefits for them.

Cinders

Reputation score
Really cool tool!

Also can someone remind me what button or hotkey it is to open the editor/Mtool menu in game?

EDIT: Nevermind I'm stupid, had a question here but I just checked the wrong area to change a variable since i'm less used to Wolf editing with MTool.

Last edited:

Duvet

Lurker
Reputation score
Thanks! I'm also using Sugoi Offline Translator with this tool for the first time, but after testing a few games with it and comparing with the output file TrsData.json... the insertion itself seems to have parsing issues. From the .json file, it looks like the Event Names (locations, choices, names, etc) have a cutoff at the end.

Conversation lines from the output look generally fine, but loading it with Mtool on the latest version is as you see below.

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
Thanks! I'm also using Sugoi Offline Translator with this tool for the first time, but after testing a few games with it and comparing with the output file TrsData.json... the insertion itself seems to have parsing issues. From the .json file, it looks like the Event Names (locations, choices, names, etc) have a cutoff at the end.

Conversation lines from the output look generally fine, but loading it with Mtool on the latest version is as you see below.

For the cut off, it can be fix, but the "O" maybe
Some things shouldn't be translate has been translated or some things need to be change after(or before) translate...
I have a lot processing phase on server, but not (and hard) implement at offline...
I don't want to put to much effort on the offline translate.
Since i just wanted everything with one click fast and reliable.
For more custom requirements i suggest other tools, maybe Translate++?
That supports much more translate engine, including Sugoi.

Last edited:

DankUta

Reputation score
Are the tool's servers down? I can't seem to do anything and the updating links are down
Screenshot_40.png

artikis

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
for some reason, the latest version breaks wolf rpg fonts.

it only showing box with ? inside of it.
im already on Japanese Locale.
and starting the game without the translator makes every text look normal.

if i went and let it translate the game, the font kinda works but with some box font included on the normal text

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
for some reason, the latest version breaks wolf rpg fonts.

it only showing box with ? inside of it.
im already on Japanese Locale.
and starting the game without the translator makes every text look normal.

if i went and let it translate the game, the font kinda works but with some box font included on the normal text
You should not in Japanese locate, and may be you don't have a right font to work with either.

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Question to all Supporters.

Just support Tier 1 because of the Sugoi Tanslator. Sugoi seems better than google that is for sure.

Is there any Tier 2-3 Supporter?

How much does: English Game Translation Optimazation, Translation optimize and Try get more text from script help?

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
How much does: English Game Translation Optimazation, Translation optimize and Try get more text from script help?
dunno about the first one, I have not translated anything from English, the other two depend on the game engine and translator used.

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thanks zths for the free Translation optimize feature.

I have to say, Sentence structure and is better and overall i can follow the Dialogue way better. Sometimes new things were even picked up that were not present before the patch.

Now i am very curious for the last 2 Options.

I will definitely at one point up my Tier to try the "English Game Translation Fix" however not sure about the last Tier "Try to get more text from script".

I feel like if you could implement some kind of Trial to see how much these effect Dialogue , we could decide better what Tier we want.

OP
zths

zths

Reputation score
Thanks zths for the free Translation optimize feature.

I have to say, Sentence structure and is better and overall i can follow the Dialogue way better. Sometimes new things were even picked up that were not present before the patch.

Now i am very curious for the last 2 Options.

I will definitely at one point up my Tier to try the "English Game Translation Fix" however not sure about the last Tier "Try to get more text from script".

I feel like if you could implement some kind of Trial to see how much these effect Dialogue , we could decide better what Tier we want.
" English Game Translation Fix " Only fix when translate English game to other languages. (Not for Japanese Game)
" Try to get more text from script " Are try to get more text by assume all text is script and do a special process, that are only for the game had some missing translate. (Not always useful)

unsaddleruby8

Reputation score
Having some very odd and frustrating difficulties. Get the message every time I need to update the tool. Eventually it somehow works itself out through methods that are different from the last (Sometimes optimizing the network fixes it, and other times I have to click on an update file 10-11 times until it finally updates the tool). It's odd, and It's hard for me to pinpoint what's exactly causing it. Been happening since January.
1645161715988.png