What's new

ACT Abandoned [musfan] Melody Blood

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
how to access the gallery on the latest snapshot?
(suppossing the latest is 20180815 which is the one i have)

i also have 20171231 btw

i see some snapshots lose something their updated versions do not have?

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
how to access the gallery on the latest snapshot?
(suppossing the latest is 20180815 which is the one i have)

i also have 20171231 btw

i see some snapshots lose something their updated versions do not have?
Yeah each snapshot has a different gallery. Just beat the prologue to get access to the gallery.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
thanks
already unlocked it
but upon return it's gone
i have to goddamn beat the prologue everytime? that's sick

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Since the gallery is keyboard-based i pressed a lot of keys and one of them made the game reset (as in: close->open)
But i think it also made the savedata reset

comakill23

Reputation score
Since the gallery is keyboard-based i pressed a lot of keys and one of them made the game reset (as in: close->open)
But i think it also made the savedata reset
Your file is likely read only, though despite how smooth that game might seem it certainly is bootlegged enough to actually have a bug like that.

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Your file is likely read only, though despite how smooth that game might seem it certainly is bootlegged enough to actually have a bug like that.
I believe that should be the problem, since I recall that being a rather prevalent issue in the 20171231 build that only got fixed in the more "recent" 20180815 build.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I think it might be the read-only thing because it's the build MBsnapshot-20180815

qwerxzvcasdf

Reputation score
apparently the game was full of spaghetti code too
If it didn't contain spaghetti code, I'd be very surprised.
Oh man this certainly is the case. Was screwing with cheat engine on this, and literally every separate attack from each separate enemy has their own code for affecting player HP/shells. And the HP/shells flip back between double and 4bytes depending on which attack! It's a total clusterfuck.

Anyway have some pointers

Attachments

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
If you want to download the animations from his pixiv ( ), there is a Chromium extension:

You may be interested in Pixiv tags such as Energy Drain ( ) as well.
Not on topic, but I was really happy I found this one: — whole series is kind of up my alley.

Oh man this certainly is the case. Was screwing with cheat engine on this, and literally every separate attack from each separate enemy has their own code for affecting player HP/shells. And the HP/shells flip back between double and 4bytes depending on which attack! It's a total clusterfuck.
Jesus Christ this is worse than I thought. Hard to convey how terrifying that sounds. No wonder he grew tired of mantaining that mess.
Seems like he's an artist, not a coder, and I'd wager it's not as easy for an aspiring coder to StackOverflow their way to proficiency if you can't speak English and can't access 99% of the tutorials.
Thanks a lot for taking your time to explain.

CeLioCiBR

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyway have some pointers
Oh hey there, thank's for the table.. xD
I tried to mess with it but.. the code just keep changing.. wtf hahaha.

How did you make this "pointers" ? there's any tutorial to follow ? i would like to learn it.

gelodsanti

Reputation score
His work on the Melody Blood remake is going pretty smooth. You can check his early gameplay of it here:

Right now, he is working on the Zomble model.

KiWolfGirl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Oh hey there, thank's for the table.. xD
I tried to mess with it but.. the code just keep changing.. wtf hahaha.

How did you make this "pointers" ? there's any tutorial to follow ? i would like to learn it.
Only cheat I ever got to work for the game was making my money high enough so I could buy everything. I had to keep searching for changes. I search for the first money value, then buy something, then search exact value of the new money and do this until I only have one in the list.

Mick2000

Reputation score
jesus, i'm amazed and terrified at the same time about this remake.
amazed because how amazing the progress of it, i mean that some quality 3D graphic right there, and the animation of it looks cool and smooth. a little polishing probably make it perfect.
also terrified cause with that graphic i doubt my potato rigging can even load the whole thing properly.... gonna need a monster rig for this

sickle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
His work on the Melody Blood remake is going pretty smooth. You can check his early gameplay of it here:

Right now, he is working on the Zomble model.
Uuuh, it does look promising. Thanks for sharing.

Only cheat I ever got to work for the game was making my money high enough so I could buy everything. I had to keep searching for changes. I search for the first money value, then buy something, then search exact value of the new money and do this until I only have one in the list.
The amount of money and items are editable. Check save.ini. Mine looks like this.
Code:
[]
セーブ=YES
イエロー=3
ゴールド=199074
ブルー=30
グリーン=1
魔力=7
Pretty sure "ゴールド", gold, is the money. The value at 30 is life, and yes I made it exceed maximum — game doesn't break, it keep the scenes going a little longer.

gelodsanti

Reputation score
Uuuh, it does look promising. Thanks for sharing.
No problem. Of course, the game is still in progress, there is no sign of the original Melody Blood cast, and the alpha build isn't even out yet.

So for now, I'll just stare at a wall of wet paint.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
jesus, i'm amazed and terrified at the same time about this remake.
amazed because how amazing the progress of it, i mean that some quality 3D graphic right there, and the animation of it looks cool and smooth. a little polishing probably make it perfect.
also terrified cause with that graphic i doubt my potato rigging can even load the whole thing properly.... gonna need a monster rig for this
I seriously doubt it. I don't think you need an PC better than what I have, and I need to replace my pc, its old now, from 2009. But again, it was my designated gaming rig el cheapo one for 1k bucko back then. My current laptop is more powerful than my PC now lol.

Mick2000

Reputation score
I seriously doubt it. I don't think you need an PC better than what I have, and I need to replace my pc, its old now, from 2009. But again, it was my designated gaming rig el cheapo one for 1k bucko back then. My current laptop is more powerful than my PC now lol.
no no no, you don't know how seriously potato my rig is (also this is a laptop for record). this thing barely capable to reach 60fps when running CS:GO on low graphic, especially when things gone crazy with gun and explosion all over the place.
you know a 3D H-game name "Tobihime"? i can get some 40-60 there, but when i reach to underwater level it goes below 30 cause the water reflection and all.
i blame windows 10 upgrade for this (was a windows 7 user before the free upgrade, back then my laptop can play things very smoothly)

CeLioCiBR

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Yup, i know it, but thank you anyway, for your attention xD
What i meant was the "pointers".. you know ? so, even if you close the game.. when you open it again, the pointers will work. But i don't know how to do it myself yet :/

gelodsanti

Reputation score
The Zomble enemy has been implemented in the game now. Though it doesn't have any textures and no attacking animation.

The gameplay looks a little rusty than the last video I posted here. Anyways, it is still in progress. There is more room for improvement.