What's new

ACT Nanocrisis

Hand Solo

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Nanocrisis

OMG! The model is so effing HOT! Her face kind of reminds me of a cat for some reason though...

So far, just from the available actions it's clear that this new game is going to be more "balls-to-the-walls" action.

The animation is alot smoother and more detailed as well. If Nanocrisis WAS only meant as a learning opportunity, then I hope he applies everything he has learned into this game.

Swerto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well the new project is still in the nanocrisis universe right? So I kinda see the first game as a prologue, lets all squint our eyes and imagine the original protagonist getting the dog ending. Or mabye just fighting the dogs in the forest forever.

sgtbilco

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If he ever releases the source for both games, it may be entirely possible to port some of the NC content to this 'newish' engine. Still, I fail to see a how your code could be so different from the old that it truly warrants jumping into a completely new one.

My guess is that he ran out of design ideas. There is a finite number of things to do with a side-scrolling shooter, but then again I don't remember reading anywhere that an H-game had to live up to the caliber of a legitimate game.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My download appears as 次回作タイトル未定.zip.

It should appear on his site as 107457.zip. If you run a Find for "inui" on his blog page, it should be just above it.

P
Ok, I'm confused. I click on the second one, and it says Nanocrisis. I click the first one, and it leads to Nanocrisis...... so which one is it?! The new game, I mean.

busa-guy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hope this helps you out.....
dont expect too much it's still a very early beta:)

Attachments

Trigon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Didn't he abandon a game before to create nanocrisis, though? It was the one with the chick that had an axe fighting..ugly green goblins or something/
Yeah, "Eryona Action" was the previous project that was abandoned. It's too bad. I was really hoping he'd finish Nanocrisis.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Damn, it says the file is corrupt.

blackgear

Reputation score

im getting a error cant read game file
renameing worked thanks

Last edited:

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was going to ask for the source in his blog with a Machine translation but I can't read the dam security code.... which after translated back pretty much said do not want source code haha and made zero sents . so I worked it this looks to be the best i could do if I could just get by the security code now.
機械翻訳
さよならNanocrisis
新しいゲームが良いです
Nanocrisisのソースコードをしてください。
私が作る犬のラウンドを飛ぶ
on a side note with game maker I could load in every thing from the games files and then I'd just have to set up the scripts... which I know nothing of. and I so want to make a super fast Zombie round.

DarkShadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm very unhappy that NanoCrisis won't get finished. I also don't buy his excuse of it only being a test or some such nonsense. One mission with one enemy type is a test. Four missions and five different enemy types coupled with a bunch of cut-scenes is not a test, that's building a game. Sounds to me more like the guy just got lazy of working on NanoCrisis and decided to come up with this "it was only a test" excuse as an easy way out. So far it looks to me like this guy has been unwilling to complete any of his projects to date. That does not give me much hope for this "new" project of his.

Anyway, does anybody here know if there are other games which are similar to NanoCrisis and where I might find them?

Balmung60

Reputation score

If you're getting the "can't read game file" error, try renaming the folder to use normal letters. Your computer might just not like the kanji.

Reputation score

I'm very unhappy that NanoCrisis won't get finished. I also don't buy his excuse of it only being a test or some such nonsense. One mission with one enemy type is a test. Four missions and five different enemy types coupled with a bunch of cut-scenes is not a test, that's building a game. Sounds to me more like the guy just got lazy of working on NanoCrisis and decided to come up with this "it was only a test" excuse as an easy way out. So far it looks to me like this guy has been unwilling to complete any of his projects to date. That does not give me much hope for this "new" project of his.

Anyway, does anybody here know if there are other games which are similar to NanoCrisis and where I might find them?
well to be fair, the guy is giving it away for free, he has no obligation to finish the game.

imacatetc

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Unless you made him sign a contract to you claiming he would finish the game then just quiet.

He has no obligation to finish a game except to himself unless he starts charging lol.

You come off like a pompous ass :(.

Dracill

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Unless you made him sign a contract to you claiming he would finish the game then just quiet.

He has no obligation to finish a game except to himself unless he starts charging lol.

You come off like a pompous ass :(.
While Im content with the game as is and dont share the feelings of the others I can see there point of view easily. No one likes following a game (or movie) through development with high hopes and then being crushed because someone got tired of working on it, its like writing a book then stopping on the last page never ending it. No one likes being jerked around like that :p (anyone thats watched the last three harry pothead movies knows what this is like: Wait what, credits?!!?!)

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Still, I fail to see a how your code could be so different from the old that it truly warrants jumping into a completely new one.
Nano crisis was just flat ground, this new one has platforms and elevation. Nano crisis probably didn't have a whole lot of the platformer physics he'd need if he wanted to make...well, actual levels. If he's saying it's set in the same world as NanoCrisis, then my guess is he's going for pretty much the same thing, but better.

So, imagine Nanocrisis, but with platforming and actual levels....that would be awesome. ( And who knows, maybe he's going to have multiple characters, and this new one is just the other one?)

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

If you look at it in optimistic light, the first game was dropped after 1 stage, the second game made it much further with 3 stage and side mission, intermission, and stuff. So, this game may go even further. Just think of it as a developement of one game.

Maybe when he was working with Nanocrisis, he suddenly came up with some better platform system (as you can see in the new demo). And it's a drag to patch Nanocrisis with this new platform, so he just rebuilt everything from scratch.

On the other hand, I don't know if I should be happy because I translated the *final* version, or be sad for translating a dropped version.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Another thing is probably game balancing.

NanoCrisis with the main heroine using gun means the enemy would either has to be sneaky + fast (Dog) or chances are the player can just hold the fire button until they win (and crouch + fire beats the dog easily)

And revamping the game to adds some sort of bullet count/reload system would probably take a while and not to mention it doesn't solve the main problem of her able to snipe enemies off-screen and kite until they die.

So he either adds some insanely difficult enemies or revamp the game (and thus this new one, with main character using seemingly melee weapons)

.- . rather than bitching about the author not finishing the game, you could try to look from his perspective on why he might do such thing.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

and the obvious reasons are reached