What's new

ACT [ねこふぐり] 女戦士マンカースの冒険 / Female Warrior Mancas: Troll and The Princess Chained (RJ213201)

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, so don't use the file he provided then, and cease this childish 'he didn't give me the right sweet' tantrum.
If you want to make this personal, then listen, bub:
it's not a matter of 'he didn't give me the right sweet', it's a matter of throwing out a *verifiably* wrong solution as anything resembling a valid one, when only a very little more research into the problem would have given a proper one.
It's about advising to take a shortcut through a shady neighborhood - with a high risk of getting shanked - to get a five minute gain on a couple hours long trip.

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
EDIT: Scratch pretty much this whole post - I did it and have updated my original file: Here's another link incase you fell here from google or whatever
Mod edit: dead link removed

You were half right JustLurksHere - I used the original uncensor to find where the censor shadow was being pulled from and edited it - however the transparancy was now white instead of blue, so I had to change the colour of the zone which was forming the uncensor as well. Thanks for the help - Even if it was a little rude the way you did it

it's not a matter of 'he didn't give me the right sweet', it's a matter of throwing out a *verifiably* wrong solution as anything resembling a valid one, when only a very little more research into the problem would have given a proper one.
It's about advising to take a shortcut through a shady neighborhood - with a high risk of getting shanked - to get a five minute gain on a couple hours long trip.
I actually spent about an hour trying to find a file reader for .PIC files or a converter so I could create my own. I tried various different files to get it working and this one was the best solution I could find. I'm sorry that it didn't meet your standards, but I contributed more than you did to uncensoring the game. If you feel so strongly about it, why don't you try to uncensor it?

The uncensor I provided wasn't perfect, but it was posted for people to use if they'd rather remove the censor if they aren't bothered about some other graphics. From what I can tell after having used it for a little while, it affects chests, and some 'spit drop' textures, but otherwise is fine. For some scenes it is a perfect decensoring option - some it is possibly worse than leaving it off, but at least people now have the option, and I left the gate open by describing my methods for anyone who might be able to improve it.

EDIT: I thought about this a little and it seems like you have more information than I do - I couldn't open the .PIC files in any reader I tried - what are you using to open them? I think all the readers I downloaded were for a different but identically named mac format. If you give me the name of the file reader that you are using to view the pic files I can probably create a much better uncensor patch!

For anyone who might be smarter than me who might have an idea of how to do things, I did find a few other things during that time: There's a one-way converter to change .BMP files into .PIC files in the data\pic folder (the exe file will batch convert any bitmaps to pics in that folder. The bat file just deletes the bmps and was probably used for cleanup) - I noticed that the strong blue used in the files in the 'tate' folder seems to be for transparancy, but for some reason creating a blue of the same colour doesn't get full transparency, only partial. I'm not quite sure how to improve the uncensor from there, but good luck to anyone who might try

Last edited by a moderator:

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, seeing as someone is actually willing to learn something...

OK, I've got to say that I've also spent quite awhile trying to find something in external sources about this "format". All I found were (either definitely or most likely) false positives.

Then I've simply searched this board for the Pegasus Knight X thread. There, in defcab's post (currently #100) I found explanation of this "format" and a python script converting between bmp and pic.

...and that's all, folks.

On a not quite related note: is this game that grindy or am I missing something, cause right now only only open path (besides two closed ones: the fort gate and the ship in the port) is the first occurrence of archers with exploding arrows. I'm lv. 20 with seemingly best available equipment and getting slaughtered there.

Last edited:

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
"If you want to make this personal, then listen, bub:"

Brah, you need to calm your tits. You've reached Sperg-Factor Eleven over a non-essential uncensor patch. Dude even put 'There's probably a better way of doing it' at the very start of his post, and you make two separate posts about specifically neg-repping him.

"it's not a matter of 'he didn't give me the right sweet', it's a matter of throwing out a *verifiably* wrong solution as anything resembling a valid one, when only a very little more research into the problem would have given a proper one."

And yet, he's still so far contributed more than you. I don't see any attachments under your name, just a fit over needing to neg-rep someone for something that isn't even an issue. You could have just skipped the 'foam at the mouth' over-reaction and played civil.

Play shitty games, win shitty prizes, and all that.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, what you've missed was that my reaction to samo101 initial effort - while applying my personal anti-charm - was actually just a bit above neutral (cause it touched a certain *generic* pet peeve of mine).

My reaction to you, troll, is about go far beyond that.

The exact context doesn't really matter to me - if it's something above a 'proof of concept', it should be at least 'mostly working', not verifiably broken.

Welding a safety valve shut helps with pressure in a leaking system, right up to the point were things blow up.

As for a proper uncensor, as I've said in the initial post, with that mentioned script, a trained chimpanzee could do it - anyone with Paint also can.

On not quite related note: @samo101: would you mind one more update ? you've still removed more than those three censor patches (unless, of course, you've done that on purpose). Cause it seems some people need to be spoon fed.

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Unfortunately, all the old links to the parents share dead.
Since the sever move so much is no longer XD.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Unfortunately, all the old links to the parents share dead.
Since the sever move so much is no longer XD.
wat? Literally downloaded it a few minutes ago, the link on the first page is still there.

I also second the request for a save file.

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Sperg-Factor Twelve? We've never gone that Sperg before, I don't know if the thread can take it.

As for a proper uncensor, as I've said in the initial post, with that mentioned script, a trained chimpanzee could do it - anyone with Paint also can.
Yet, for all the complaints, you still can't make one yourself. So either just pass on what little help you can without 'a bit above neutral' response, or just be content with your BBC's. If the uncensor patch is not up to standard, then just don't use it. Simple.

On not quite related note: @samo101: would you mind one more update ? you've still removed more than those three censor patches (unless, of course, you've done that on purpose). Cause it seems some people need to be spoon fed

Case in point.

temp12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
save - 100%
EDIT: This has been updated so shouldn't be broken anymore. Enjoy!

There's probably a better way of doing it, but here's a basic uncensor patch. It breaks some insignificant things so far (makes chests white boxes for some reason), but i've not played long enough to really give you a verdict on whether it's worth using - shouldn't break gameplay or anything much though, it's just an image replacement. Have fun
You senpais, are the heroes we need, but not deserve.

Much thanks to both of you gentlemen.

Last edited by a moderator:

samo101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Well, what you've missed was that my reaction to samo101 initial effort - while applying my personal anti-charm - was actually just a bit above neutral (cause it touched a certain *generic* pet peeve of mine).

The exact context doesn't really matter to me - if it's something above a 'proof of concept', it should be at least 'mostly working', not verifiably broken.

Welding a safety valve shut helps with pressure in a leaking system, right up to the point were things blow up.

On not quite related note: @samo101: would you mind one more update ? you've still removed more than those three censor patches (unless, of course, you've done that on purpose). Cause it seems some people need to be spoon fed.
I haven't removed anything particularly on purpose - The way I've achieved this is by taking the old uncensored BMP - However the problem is that the images aren't exactly the same, so you get some weirdness in some locations. In the old image, blue was used as a transparency colour, however some sections of the image use white and some use black in the new version. Also some objects have moved resulting in the white boxes you sometimes see - the only way to resolve this without being able to edit the new image is to draw random colours on the texture file and then locate the textures by seeing how they look in game, then manually moving them, it's quite painstaking.

I've updated the uncensor with the rope added in, there was another missing texture somewhere that I noticed but I didn't deem it necessary to change since it didn't affect any scenes. I've also added in the BMP for anyone who fancies trying their hand at uncensoring further.

JustLurksHere, might I request that you are less rude in the future to people trying to help you for free? This forum is all about collaboration and sharing - we should aim to encourage people to do the sort of thing i'm doing and you're benefiting from. I'd hate for a person being rude to someone willing to put in the effort be put off the idea of sharing their findings. The last thing this world needs is less people willing to uncensor stuff for free ;)

z3r0nx

Lurker
Reputation score
Here is my attempt at an uncensored file:

Thanks go to samo101 for the first attempts to compare with and to JustLurksHere for the link to the post explaining the difference between .bmp and .pic files.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@z3r0nx: it's good to see there are still rationally thinking people in this thread.
I've just gathered the old info here. Afterwards, it was pretty much trivial.
Anyway, I see that you didn't zeroed the three places converting back and the engine still accepted it ?
Strangely lenient...

lesath

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm a bit stuck. I've cleared the reddish forest area to the northeast, killed a giant bubble in a cave, but currently can not get through the bridge (where some injured soldiers are stationed), no I can cross the sea. Any tips what am I missing?

Edit: Nevermind, seems I had to collect my reward from castle's treasury room, rather than talk to the king... Pardon my poor Japanese :)

Last edited:
OP
nrevolve

nrevolve

Demon Girl
Reputation score
There's a new update (Google Translate version):

■ Version 1.01
· Bug fixes that can not be taken out of the shopping screen when purchasing rings with the sister's accessory shop up to the upper limit

* Since we applied for replacement on November 28, 2017, I think that it will be reflected soon.

drowner

Lurker
Reputation score
I'm a bit stuck. I've cleared the reddish forest area to the northeast, killed a giant bubble in a cave, but currently can not get through the bridge (where some injured soldiers are stationed), no I can cross the sea. Any tips what am I missing?

Edit: Nevermind, seems I had to collect my reward from castle's treasury room, rather than talk to the king... Pardon my poor Japanese :)
I'm stuck at the same spot, what did you do? The text on the left side of the map screen tells me to use dynamite on something to get to north forest, as far as I can tell.

ADM

Reputation score
Here is my attempt at an uncensored file:

Thanks go to samo101 for the first attempts to compare with and to JustLurksHere for the link to the post explaining the difference between .bmp and .pic files.
Thank you. This uncensor patch worked flawlessly :)